What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
I think the entire Mirage fleet should under go this upgrade, as more funds become available. But, the will and the determination to get it done has to be there.
Do you think if Kfir block 60 is the ultimate iteration of mirages, than can we come up with something that is just as advanced if not more in collaboration with S.A? I think such a bird will provide the PAF with some fantastic offensive punch.
PAF hierarchy needs to come out of their golf courses and clubs and think seriously about the above, because the RSS thugs (all of Indian armed forces) are coming for us, it's only a matter of time.
It was our conventional air power that put some fear of God in to the enemy, so we must do more to enhance it. Talk peace but keep sharpening the swords.

Last edited:
I think the entire Mirage fleet should under go this upgrade, as more funds become available. But, the will and the determination to get it done has to be there.
Do you think if Kfir block 60 is the ultimate iteration of mirages, than can we come up with something that is just as advanced if not more in collaboration with S.A? I think such a bird will provide the PAF with some fantastic offensive punch.
PAF hierarchy needs to come out of their golf courses and clubs and think seriously about the above, because the RSS thugs (all of Indian armed forces) are coming for us, it's only a matter of time.
It was our conventional air power that put some fear of God in to the enemy, so we must do more to enhance it. Talk peace but keep sharpening the swords.
That is exactly what i have been saying for decades. There is no other choice. With RSS and their nazi mentality, the leadership as MastanKhan used to say are corrupt and self interested.

Cheetah/Kfir blk60 are the ultimate; completely re-engineered platforms.

Last edited:
That is exactly what i have been saying for decades. There is no other choice. With RSS and their nazi mentality, the leadership as MastanKhan used to say are corrupt and self interested.

Cheetah/Kfir blk60 are the ultimate; completely re-engineered platforms.
Can SA come up with something similar if PAF wants it?

Disagree with you. It is exactly that reason why it needs to be reworked into a next gen platform. All the pieces are there but there is no will from Pak side. There are no monies else where. As noted before at least put 60 of these into cheetah type upgrade for strategic role.
Sir,
- Mirage were aim to deal with the threats of its time
- today's air warfare involved modern Radars and other technologies such as fly by wire systems etc, how those would be incorporated in it??? since Aircraft has its own design limitations, ??? further, one should keep the cost factor in mind while incorporating these advancement.
- upgrades can further increase the life of aircraft frame but .... it can never achieve the life like a new.
- in 2013 india made an agreement with France for up gradation of its mirage 2000s under a contract of 17,547 crore or 2.5 billion USD, and 51 Mirages were suppose to upgrade. on the other hand one new Mirage 2000 has a price tag of 30 million USD.
- in past Mirage Rose program was meant to be continue for some time after 2003 but the PAF had to terminate the program due to a combination of high costs and aging Mirage III/5 frame
- for showing numbers on paper good to have them but pitching them against modern front line fighter would be a disaster therefore, pakistan should slowly phase them out and replace them with JF-17 Block 3 and beyond

Sir,
- Mirage were aim to deal with the threats of its time
- today's air warfare involved modern Radars and other technologies such as fly by wire systems etc, how those would be incorporated in it??? since Aircraft has its own design limitations, ??? further, one should keep the cost factor in mind while incorporating these advancement.
- upgrades can further increase the life of aircraft frame but .... it can never achieve the life like a new.
- in 2013 india made an agreement with France for up gradation of its mirage 2000s under a contract of 17,547 crore or 2.5 billion USD, and 51 Mirages were suppose to upgrade. on the other hand one new Mirage 2000 has a price tag of 30 million USD.
- in past Mirage Rose program was meant to be continue for some time after 2003 but the PAF had to terminate the program due to a combination of high costs and aging Mirage III/5 frame
- for showing numbers on paper good to have them but pitching them against modern front line fighter would be a disaster therefore, pakistan should slowly phase them out and replace them with JF-17 Block 3 and beyond
That is the problem friend and misunderstanding. Cheetah means a new frame not an aging frame which is why ROSE was discontinued; a brand new replacement.

With current situation and procurement of Egyptian Mirages they are here to stay for another decade. We need an urgent upgrade to sustain the Mirages up to the modern standard. We have no money to buy new jets and no one is giving us anyway. Comprehensive upgrade is necessary of Mirages get airframe refurbished as put new systems along With RD-93 engine which will give it more power to weight ratio better range and loadout capacity. Most important change the EW suite.

If it was me I would ask one of the 2nd or 3rd tier Chinese companies, to copy the Mirage Fuselage
Wing/Shing , we can make it in Pakistan

Just get brand new stuff from China get it delivered

China can copy anything

Why!. Cheetah airframes are available; done and tested. Read on Cheetah.

Well if these are available sure

Last edited:
If it was me I would ask one of the 2nd or 3rd tier Chinese companies, to copy the Mirage Fuselage
Wing/Shing , we can make it in Pakistan

Just get brand new stuff from China get it delivered

China can copy anything

Well if these are available sure

If it was that easy, I would have asked China to copy/build mirage-2000?

Like @denel said that SA has all the infrastructure intact, so why go to anybody else for upgrading/building new (mirages/cheetahs/shaheens) whatever you want to call it?
PAF is not going to do anything anyway so let's end any further discussions on this topic.

Like @denel said that SA has all the infrastructure intact, so why go to anybody else for upgrading/building new (mirages/cheetahs/shaheens) whatever you want to call it?
PAF is not going to do anything anyway so let's end any further discussions on this topic.
Yes, lets! You seem to have all the strategic answers for the PAF. In fact your assessment on the PAF brass's ineptness is so accurate that it warrants a meeting with the Chief. There are some on this forum that recognize and smell a rat and his/her accomplices and there are others that have yet to recognize those with hidden agendas among us :). Nice try!

Yes, lets! You seem to have all the strategic answers for the PAF. In fact your assessment on the PAF brass's ineptness is so accurate that it warrants a meeting with the Chief. There are some on this forum that recognize and smell a rat and his/her accomplices and there are others that have yet to recognize those with hidden agendas among us :). Nice try!
No need to be sarcastic , bro.

Back
Top Bottom