What's new

Car Buying Advice

muse

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
I want to buy an Audi A4 - I want the cabriolet (2008)

Test drove it - love the way it handles - it's no rocket, right off the bat but it's no slouch once it gets going

Any advice??

I like Audi A4i, economy is uncertain for higher gas prices. Make sure it offer Flex Fuel or any vehicles, I would recommend Chevrolet Volt-Electric Car battery plug saving gas. :P

ChevyVolt2.jpg

Test drove it - love the way it handles - it's no rocket, right off the bat but it's no slouch once it gets going

Any advice??

cloth tops are a maintenance hassle because of the complex mechanical linkages. I'd advice against it
btw if you're going for the 4banger on the A4, stay away from the early turbo engines , the initial batch with the timing belts had premature failures of the high pressure pump and cam followers. later models with the timing chain corrected both these issues.

Any advice??

What engine and gearbox combo are you considering?

The 1.8/2.0T motors are known to have sludging problems if not maintained properly. The heads can need dismantling and cleaning well before 100k miles. If getting the DSG box, it is known to have problems around 70k miles.

A full service history and extended warranty coverage may be good ideas.

^ truth. I have the 1.8T and it is a fun motor, just gotta keep up on the maintenance.

Audi TT for the win. Buy a used quattro tt and you will enjoy your life.

Any advice??

If you like it then go for it. Just make sure to check out the year and see if there were any problems. If your up for other brands though you should check out the C300 from Mercedes. Should be priced around the same and is a really sporty sedan. Friend here has one and it is super fun to drive.

08 model
2008-Mercedes-Benz-C300-silver.jpg

Cabriolet's are basically A4 convertibles? I think the Merc C class would be in the same price range and would prefer that over the Audi. I think it too has convertible options.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Bikes, cars, Defence.pk economy is bouncing back :P

Back
Top Bottom