What's new

Caste system still exits in India today?

Practically in our new generation there hardly any caste system exists in India. I get caste system feeling when i am filling some govt sector form applications otherwise no one has time to come and specifically to talk about something waste like caste system. Its the govt who is pushing caste system for votes ( specially in uttar pradesh ). Being in upper caste i only upset when i don't get seats due to reservation or KOTA system. But above all we are developing and no one can stop a country having good bond between its citizens to carry its development. Today the main issue is capital distribution or money distribution but we can tackle our problems without COMMUNISM in or DEMOCRATIC country.

The caste system is still a reality. It is evil. When I see it in use I let people know what I think. Its worse than apartheid.

The caste system is still a reality. It is evil. When I see it in use I let people know what I think. Its worse than apartheid.

also tell how caste system is beneficial for lower class people, also tell that 50% of govt jobs and university seats are RESERVED for lower caste people but you wont tell that... I personally believe people of lower class are some of the idiotic bunches we have... just take the ambedkar statue example, but I doubt you even live in India ... another NRI "Not a real Indian":undecided:

It is true that the caste system still exists, however it is not as much spread and used as it was 10 to 20 years ago things have changed a lot.

I have experienced discrimination before. I do not support any type of discrimination that is based on what people are born as. Therefore I don't support the caste system.
which means you yourself belong to that caste and that's why want to blame others is it what I see it is??

I know Hinduism got to be some relationship with Caste system in the very beginning.

You are right, the ancient Hindu scriptures called Vedas which were written around 4000 years ago in Sanskrit stated "Char Ved Char Varna". Meaning, there are four Vedas and four Varnas. Varnas are the four orthodox castes designed to ensure division of labour and hence functional efficiency in the ancient Indian society. The three upper castes were termed as 'Arya' while the lowest caste, the Shudras was termed as non Aryan. This gave rise to subsequent discrimination and oppression of the Shudras by the upper castes.

That is the historical perspective. The caste system is deeply ingrained in the Indian society. Its lingering effects are evident even in people of other religion residing in India whose ancestors were Hindus. (I won't dwell any more on this). Today, the caste system is the single most obstinate impediment on the path to India's advancement and progress as a modern inclusive society. Its exploitation by certain people of the upper castes has led to some of the most horrific cases of discrimination and human rights abuses. Its effects are more pronounced and evident in rural India though they have not entirely vanished from the urban centres.

Personally, I don't give it a $hit but the caste system does exist at almost every level of our society. Politically, it has been a powerful tool in the hands of parties and leaders who do not wish that the Hindus vote en block and have thus divided the Hindu society for their political gains, thereby, in a way attempting to perpetuate the inherent divisions in the Hindu society along caste lines.

Regards.

also tell how caste system is beneficial for lower class people, also tell that 50% of govt jobs and university seats are RESERVED for lower caste people but you wont tell that... I personally believe people of lower class are some of the idiotic bunches we have... just take the ambedkar statue example, but I doubt you even live in India ... another NRI "Not a real Indian":undecided:
I think it is more reasnable for goverment sectors to recruit base upon personal capability rather than special attention to certain caste. I know Indian goverment made the job reserveration policy for good purpose, but it might cause other social problem. If i am not wrong, not all people of high level caste are rich enough to stand unemployment.

Do not believe in discrimination of any people but for example im Vaishnav and my family are traders its just something that is passed down from father to son i do not feel that is such a bad thing.

If India want to be more strong and advanced, caste system must be abandomed immediately.Cause it is really weird for a person to get doomed at very beginning of birth. Most Indians in this forum say no to the caste system , it is good.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

It is cruel to get better life by sacrifice others.

If India want to be more strong and advanced, caste system must be abandomed immediately.Cause it is really weird for a person to get doomed at very beginning of birth. Most Indians in this forum say no to the caste system , it is good.

Not possible as it is part of our religion and the concept of Karma. You see no other relgion gives you the answer as to why someone is born into a rich family and another man is born poor say in africa but due to the idea of Karma we can say it is due to past actions.

Not possible as it is part of our religion and the concept of Karma. You see no other relgion gives you the answer as to why someone is born into a rich family and another man is born poor say in africa but due to the idea of Karma we can say it is due to past actions.
I respect your cultural. Karma is good for controlling peoples' behaviour, but after all they have to face crucial society reality.

I respect your cultural. Karma is good for controlling peoples' behaviour, but after all they have to face crucial society reality.

It's a bit like racism in many ways yes a country can pass a law to abolish caste/race discrimination but can you really stop it? not unless u educate the masses of people and enforce strict penalties for companies etc which do not abide by the law.

It's a bit like racism in many ways yes a country can pass a law to abolish caste/race discrimination but can you really stop it? not unless u educate the masses of people and enforce strict penalties for companies etc which do not abide by the law.
Then it finally come down to Indian goverment effort yo eradicate illiteracy, is there any major progress in the rural area?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom