What's new

Caste system still exits in India today?

1.Cast system is central to Hindu culture, heritage, society and religion. The phenomenon is so strong that the foreign rulers left this alone.
a.The Muslims neither tempered with local custom nor showed any extra keenness for locals to convert. The Brahmins and Khsatryas employed in the army and govt service, however, found it expedient to convert. But the high Brahmins kept away because they were otherwise satisfied with their religious duties. The low cast continued to render the menial and low level services which suited the Muslim ruling class - and therefore there was no need for them to convert to Islam.
b. The Christians targeted the low cast/outcast. Unlike Muslim converts these local Christians found themselves as stationed low in society as before, and doing all those jobs which they had been doing earlier. The white Christians treated them as second class.

2. The leading comrades of Lenin-Stalin-Trotsky were Indians like Muzaffar Ahmed, Rana Dey, etc. It was hoped India, then a British colony, would be the first to adopt communism. However, the communist leaders soon discovered that their dialectic analysis of Indian society was fatally faulty. They had not factored in the powerful and pronounced hold of the cast system over the Hindu society.Even subsidiary religions like Jainism or Sikhism have been unable to wipe this off. The British had to have separate regiments for Sikhs of high and low cast. I heard IA is trying to discontinue this.

3. It will interest you to know that even those converted to Islam have not been able to get rid of this. In Bengal there are Chawdhury's, Majumdars, Biswas's, Thakurs, Mondols, Khastagir, etc who retain these Hindu cast identity. In India and Pakistan there are Choudhurys, Dogars, Rao's, Rajas, Gujjars, Gujrals, Seyals, Segals, Warrach'es, Jats and others who retain their pre-Muslim clan identity, marry among themselves and are generally comfortable in own clan gathering.

3. The issue is not political although politicians have always used this as a weapon. Continuous social reforms through reformers like Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Swami Vivekanando, Sri Arubindo, Ishwarchandra Vidyasagor, Dr Ambedkar and MK Gandhi will have to continue for several generations more.

Lets not go there, the level of primary education in India is shocking with teachers not even turning up at all!

It is a national disgrace and our further level education apart from the elite universities are not up to the mark.

The idea of implementing education through media like TV, handheld devices etc is what i would do if i was in power. Why can't you air a national tv channel just for education? so people can learn even if the damn teacher does not turn up to teach
In our country the goverment offers susidiaries for those newly graduated syudents to serve as primary school teacher in the rurual area. We realized it is very important to implement illiteracy eradication policy in order to eliminate ignorant congnitive at once for all. Escalating education level is as same impotance with national defence, even more important.

Okay, what if I'm a Dalit and change my last name to "Krishna" and I say to everybody "I am a Brahman." It that possible or do you have reference checks on what caste you are. Provide name of your hindu priest to check your caste?

Okay, what if I'm a Dalit and change my last name to "Krishna" and I say to everybody "I am a Brahman." It that possible or do you have reference checks on what caste you are. Provide name of your hindu priest to check your caste?
Actually the contructive knowledge about Hindu religon is limited to only Brahamin caste, So knowledge mostly create difference among them and others, so it means a Brahmin is known for his knowledge .. Mostly in past people says that mostly the hindu converted to muslims are not brahmins, there is one reason behind it ,brahmins are mostly in less amount in population as compared to other castes.. but the reality is that the brahmins were the most attracted people by Islam and still They are most attracted in present because These peoples have the real sense about their own religon and So thats why the depth of Islam was easier to describe them as compared to other castes, Usually kashtriyas are considered the fighters according to hindu believe so in past the kashtriyas was the real caste who fought as a Hindu representaters against muslims, Brahmins led them but brahmins the top brahmins as they have knowledge of religon were mostly attracted by the religon Islam..There is long long history behind it..

No offence, are there any dalites Indian members in this forum?

how caste system can even exits in india today? everyone can change his family name if he want to.

Back
Top Bottom