What's new

Check out PAA Z-10 Thunderbolt Pilot headgear

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
14702235_1069302403187571_4923685241058657967_n.jpg

Additionally, helmet mounted displays (HMDs) were developed for Z-10, similar to the Honeywell M142 Integrated Helmet and Display Sighting System (IHADSS) used on AH-64 Apache. The developer confirmed that HMD is not standard as it is incompatible with the NVGs, the two cannot be simultaneously equipped. It is unclear whether NVG is standard; however the developer has claimed that the helmet and HMS are fully compatible with NVGs.[citation needed] Images released by official government sources have shown that the Z-10 uses binocular-form NVGs (as well as other helicopters in Chinese service).[14] As with the case of optronic FCS, NVGs of Z-10 is developed based on experience gained in manufacturing similar French and Israeli systems.

i heard fron one friend that these helmets are made from carbon fibre and feels like very light to wear.

excuse my stupid question but what exactly is the use of having helmet mounted displays like these? Are these related to aim/shoot by sight besides displaying all the flight related info?

are we getting Z-10's ?
we have them. 10 I believe and more on the way. But due to the highly secrative nature of the Z-10 (being stealth and all), there is no further information about their procurement available.

Back
Top Bottom