What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

True.
But not the Que. I asked. Or maybe I wasn't clear enough. So here goes.

Kindly justify how this statement is true.

Not in the case of a 4th gen fighter..
Not in against a A2A target.

In a strike scenario however.. it may be possible to use NOE flight.. and use your low(er) RCS to get closer to a target and launch a stand off weapon beyond the detection circle of a radar and be able to RTB without being caught by enemy interceptors vectored in to get you.

J-10 A in PAF color scheme .
1619581.jpg

What does RCS have anything to do with a speedy shoot and run.

Bro you misunderstood me. The point I tried to make was that after your plane has engaged the enemy and exhausted the missiles, it would have a "clean" RCS, as a matter of speaking. Perhaps it would be easier for your plane to exit the confrontation (if there are still bogies around) and refuel/rearm, if necessary, if you have a smaller RCS.

Bro you misunderstood me. The point I tried to make was that after your plane has engaged the enemy and exhausted the missiles, it would have a "clean" RCS, as a matter of speaking. Perhaps it would be easier for your plane to exit the confrontation (if there are still bogies around) and refuel/rearm, if necessary, if you have a smaller RCS.

you're right, but its the first shot that matters most, and for gaining upper hand hear, you
need to have

a) longer range radar
b) BVRAAMs
c) AWACS advantage (most importent)

the clean RCS you said about would help only when the plane wants to get away after finishing up ordnance.
in combat however, it would still be highly visible on radar as it would fight only WITH the weapons on.

Hi,

Good evening----when you exit the play ground----your behind is towards the opponent that you were just facing---and with one or two large red hot exhausts ( according to the aircraft in question )---the RCS ain't playing any role persay---unless it is the F22---or other variations.

Now suppose you make a right angle departure---the profile view would be bigger than the frontal view---. As one of the members stated---the function of RCS is inversely proportional to the strength of the opponents radar---. Your electronic eye needs to have the vision first of all to see that far with distinction.

Post corrected

Hi,

Good evening----when you exit the play ground----your behind is towards the opponent that you were just facing---and with two large red hot exhausts---the RCS ain't playing any role---.

Now suppose you make a right angle departure---the profile view would be bigger than the frontal view---. As one of the members stated---the function of RCS is inversely proportional to the strength of the opponents radar---. Your electronic eye needs to have the vision first of all to see that far with distinction.

bro, j-10 has got only one exhaust

but anyway the rest of your post does make great sense

FC-20 is a hybird of J-10 DSI and J-10A. Radar, engine, avionics, RCS... are subject to PAF's choices of available options. It all depends on PAF's final requirements on the specifications of performance to match up to those of MKI and Rafale.

FC-20 is a hybird of J-10 DSI and J-10A. Radar, engine, avionics, RCS... are subject to PAF's choices of available options. It all depends on PAF's final requirements on the specifications of performance to match up to those of MKI and Rafale.

we are eager to see latest j10 FC20 in pakistan airforce Oh God plz make it faster for us

j10_a_5.jpg

Just like that
J-10_su-30-b-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom