What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

@DANGER-ZONE @That Guy

Take it easy gents.

Tell me who crossed the lines ? Did i said anything abusive or was i rude to THAT GUY and you deleted my post as well where i post the news ? what's this bro, Yahan bhe Pakistani qanoon chalta hai ?

Bro there is nothing personal b/w you and me and i respect you a lot, but i got an Infraction once because of using a word "HOLY $HIT" just on an info and not pointing it to any member. Im going up for this.
Nothing personal again ! and you can delete my post if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me who crossed the lines ? Did i said anything abusive or was i rude to THAT GUY and you deleted my post as well where i post the news ? what's this bro, Yahan bhe Pakistani qanoon chalta hai ?

Not to drag this any further, in fact, this is the LAST THING I'll say to address this issue, but you were being rude;

How you are so sure ?
In the last Zuhai Airshow on of our high ranked PAF official spoken to Chinese media and told they they are not considering to induct J-10 at the moment and there are no plans either. Its very much like "OFF THE TABLE" and you are here giving deadlines about the induction. lol
We got no money and the only case where we can see J-10 becoming a part of PAF is when India will finalise MMRCA, which is also uncertain. So get real, and stop daydreaming.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...role-fighter-air-craft-462.html#ixzz2fPvYS5An

That IS rude and abusive. I did not insult anyone before you decided to be so rude to me.

Anyways, this is the last thing I'll say on this subject. As far as I'm concerned, this matter is now closed and I will move as best I can. I suggest you do the same.

Back to topic, @Aeronaut since I have your attention, I might as well ask; Do you think the J-10B is going to be inducted into PAF by 2014-15? Will it be delayed, or do you think that it's not going to happen at all and we'll be looking at other options?

@DANGER-ZONE @That Guy

Can we get over it at once?

Hey, I'm over it. I've already moved on.

Back to topic, @Aeronaut since I have your attention, I might as well ask; Do you think the J-10B is going to be inducted into PAF by 2014-15? Will it be delayed, or do you think that it's not going to happen at all and we'll be looking at other options?

Hey, I'm over it. I've already moved on.

I think J-10B is going to be scrapped for another platform. This comes from a very reliable source [ex-VCAS]

@DANGER-ZONE

I have rebooted your post above after necessary editing.

I think J-10B is going to be scrapped for another platform. This comes from a very reliable source [ex-VCAS]

Really now? What other platform could we see? Perhaps more F-16s? I highly doubt that It's a J-31, as it's still in early development and by the time the damn thing comes into production, we'll have been stuck on older systems for far too long.

Maybe, and this is just a random thought put out there, we may see J-11b? I know, ridiculous, but we did hear rumors a few years back that China had offered the planes to Pakistan, and PAF were interested in them.

Really now? What other platform could we see? Perhaps more F-16s? I highly doubt that It's a J-31, as it's still in early development and by the time the damn thing comes into production, we'll have been stuck on older systems for far too long.

Maybe, and this is just a random thought put out there, we may see J-11b? I know, ridiculous, but we did hear rumors a few years back that China had offered the planes to Pakistan, and PAF were interested in them.

I'd be surprised if we buy a new jet before 2018-2020. Just look at your finance book, PAF is in debt.

The reason that those systems you have mentioned have not been stepped upon at break neck speed is that they are not strictly required. The PAF is no "paper tiger" in the least and can do the job that it is meant to. How long it can sustain the momentum and operations is another matter. As I had told your compatriot @That Guy warfare is not contingent upon just platforms in isolation- the PAF Is trying to make the best out of the resources available to it- AND it can very much inflict some rather serious damage to my nation if required. Win the "war", so to say, it cannot.

yaar i am not saying that our forces are bad or useless , but here lots of peoples think that we should go against USA and Nato , and for this they also criticize musharaf a lot ... they live in a fantasy world that we can defeat any country :(
i know our forces are well enough to defend plus they gain lots of experience in WOT , that would be good for any future war but still we need war toys , we cant go with a sword in front of a tanks and fighter planes

yaar i am not saying that our forces are bad or useless , but here lots of peoples think that we should go against USA and Nato , and for this they also criticize musharaf a lot ... they live in a fantasy world that we can defeat any country :(
i know our forces are well enough to defend plus they gain lots of experience in WOT , that would be good for any future war but still we need war toys , we cant go with a sword in front of a tanks and fighter planes

No one will be going with a sword in front of a tank. Nor does the PA/PAF not have equipment. Yes their modernization drive does stand jeopardized- they will have to make do with what they have for now. The only one cooky enough to take on a tank with a sword is my Butt bro @Armstrong, the jawaans of PA would rather do so with a Bakthar Shikan.

As to Musharraf and taking on the US- Well you have a friend in @Secur on those matters. Don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for the man but he did what was possible and viable at the moment- those who think otherwise should be carted off to Af to fight the ISAF. :coffee:

No one will be going with a sword in front of a tank. Nor does the PA/PAF not have equipment. Yes their modernization drive does stand jeopardized- they will have to make do with what they have for now. The only one cooky enough to take on a tank with a sword is my Butt bro @Armstrong, the jawaans of PA would rather do so with a Bakthar Shikan.

As to Musharraf and taking on the US- Well you have a friend in @Secur on those matters. Don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for the man but he did what was possible and viable at the moment- those who think otherwise should be carted off to Af to fight the ISAF. :coffee:

but we our politicians like imran khan and other mulla party should realize this huge gap in technology and weapons of USA ....
its true we can be threat to india cause india is still in our range but USA and european countries they are still not in range :(
even if PA/PN and PAF adds one new items in their inventory that would be enough to scared enemies

PA = by 2015 they should have babur-2 ( with more range )
PN = they should have at least 2 chinese subs with SLCM
PAF = they really have to get J-10b and Sams ( 36 j-10 will be fair enough ) and of they can manage to get few JF-17 that would be great

I'd be surprised if we buy a new jet before 2018-2020. Just look at your finance book, PAF is in debt.

That's true, but the budget did increase, and the government did say they've made a commitment to continue modernizing the air force. So you think that we'll just stick to fulfilling the JF-17 order until we can get the economy back on track?

@That Guy

Budget increase was nothing but keeping up with the dollar vs rupee value desparity.

I don't see a new platform coming before 018-020. PAF wants push full steam ahead on the 'baby dragons' for now. Remember, its not just about inducting a jet but 'building,testing,certifying AND inducting' it.

JF-17 has changed our aviation industry in ways, we can't comprehend just yet. Its going to have long lasting ripple affect on our aviation industrial potential.

@That Guy

Budget increase was nothing but keeping up with the dollar vs rupee value desparity.

I don't see a new platform coming before 018-020. PAF wants push full steam ahead on the 'baby dragons' for now. Remember, its not just about inducting a jet but 'building,testing,certifying AND inducting' it.

JF-17 has changed our aviation industry in ways, we can't comprehend just yet. Its going to have long lasting ripple affect on our aviation industrial potential.

True enough.

Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group will produce a total of 1,200 J-10 fighters for the PLA Force to counter F-16 fighters over the Taiwan Strait and Western Pacific, according to our sister paper Want Daily.

The Moscow-based Voice of Russia says the J-10A uses the Lyulka-Saturn AL-31FN turbofan engine imported from Russia due to difficulties in the development of China's WS-10 Taihang engine. The newer J-10B variant will be fitted with the Taihang engine.

Geng Ruguang, senior vice president of China Aviation Industry Corporation, said the development of the J-10, Taihang engine and PL-12 air-to-air missile shows China has become the fourth nation in the world to design and produce its own advanced fighter.

Geng said the J-10B's active phased array airborne radar enables the fighter to track six targets and engage four of them simultaneously. Geng also said the J-10's radar system can also lock on to US F-16 and Japanese F-2 fighters without difficulty. Furthermore, the PL-12 air-to-air missile designed for the J-10 boasts similar specs to the US-built AIM-120 air-to-air missile used by the F-16A/B fighters of Taiwan's air force.

Taiwan currently has 388 fighters, of which 145 are F-16A/Bs purchased from the United States. The imbalance in the size of the size of the fighter fleets on opposing sides of the Taiwan Strait is a matter of serious concern for Taiwan's security.

Between 2014 and 2015, 36 J-10B fighters will also be supplied to the Pakistan Air Force under the name FC-20,

Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group to produce 1,200 J-10 fighters

J-10 training with Pakistanis Mirages:

Ft7q3e2.jpg

What in the world is the JH-7 doing there???

U6i9Vlw.jpg

Can't help but think if Pakistanis pilots are evaluating the J-10 during combat exercise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom