What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

With the speed of how the Chinese develope their 5G technologies, In 2015, Pakistan might have a good chance to receive its J10s loaded with ASEA, Tinted Canopy, RAM, WS10x? with more power, increased composite usage, reduced weight, DSI, and improved BVRM. That would be as good as any 4++ fighters available in the market. However, these would also add cost to the plane. From what I observe in this forum, I do not believe Pakistan would invest in J10 if it is not significantly more advance than its F16s.

hi! the jf17 and jxb are testbeds for many jxx technologies -- some external obvious examples, some internal and hidden examples

the requirement of paf---considering indian mmrca and su30 -- was to do mock fights with most of the 4.5+ fighters around the world , not only to get experience in countering tactics , but also setting a benchmark for quality requirements in jxb...examples..

red flag
anatolian eagle
iron eagle
falcon meet
-- one going on in saudi arabia just now

also some of our pilots are flying chinese 4.5+ fighter
we are already operating f16 blk52s

j10b might just endup a cross between f16 blk60/eurofighter/ j11b , not to forget borrowing some gadgets from jxx :agree:

Best PS I've seen. Hopefully the real paintwork is going to be like this.

the white griffin logo , gave it away:disagree:

very likely.... here have a look
hasnain0099-albums-wallpaper-blaw-blaw-blaw-picture4358-j-10f-16.jpg

i couldve really used this pic in my video,,

Last edited by a moderator:
That thing what is circled is light emitter. You have the same on the tail. It reduces RCS (no external device with a mirror) and it can control the light so you can control who sees you form what distance. These were long time standard on naval planes.
really???? well let me show you some things
hasnain0099-albums-wallpaper-blaw-blaw-blaw-picture4359-j-10f-16.jpg

From my understanding, AESA generates quite a bit of heat and that thing is used for ventilation purposes.

of couse the energy emmisions are enourmous if you consider only watts or kilo watts of MSAs against often Megawatts of energy of AESAs. One more good thing is that now with AESA in, we can say bye bye to the installation of Jamming pods as the enourmous energy of AESA can effectively be used also as a jamming device:smitten:

In other words a slap in the face to those "experts" who think that China doesn't have plane based AESA.

and that too in active service!, now see how

1st prototype
J-10B.jpg

3rd Prototype
J-10B_34.jpg

And now consider this
j10b-31-2.jpg

you can see1031 means 1st induction in 2010.
and now this
11011418105e9c0e31feea504c.jpg

if you concentrate, you can see that J-10 in new pic also carries the same serial number i.e. 1031
what is notable is that unlike last time
what makes me absolutely sure is that look at this pic
20100721_03.jpg

here J-10 carries no serial, which led us to conclude at that time that it was in final testing for PLAAF as PLAAF insignia can be seen. But serial number makes me 99.9% sure that China has not only an active plane born AESA but in active service

really???? well let me show you some things
hasnain0099-albums-wallpaper-blaw-blaw-blaw-picture4359-j-10f-16.jpg

Actually what did you show me?

O here a tomcat with AESA!
GreyF14TaxyingCloseup.jpg

And even a Phantom during Vietnam war....

phantom.jpg

That F15 is launching not even AMRAAM but AIM7... That is a very old pic. Did not know they had AESA in it.

In this pictrue we can see:differ from J10A,it's gold-plated cockpit in J10B,which also test for J20.

Actually what did you show me?

O here a tomcat with AESA!

And even a Phantom during Vietnam war....

phantom.jpg

That F15 is launching not even AMRAAM but AIM7... That is a very old pic. Did not know they had AESA in it.

So you're implying that if a fighter can fire a BVRAAM its necessarily needs aesa?.....:lol:....Well F-16 Block 52+ of PAF can fire AMRAAM but they are not AESAed. Block 40 can fire AMRAAM but they are not AESAed. Typhoon can fire AMRAAM but its not AESAed. MIG-29s can fire Vymple R-77 BVRAAM but they are not AESAed. Even F-14A could fire AIM-54 Phoenix missile which had longer range than AMRAAM but it did not have AESA. AESA is not necessarily a radar with long range. But what makes it more preferable is its capabilities. Radar uses signals to detect target, for this, essentially signal has to travel 1) to the object 2) return back to the aircraft but radar's received energy drops with the fourth power of distance which essentaially limits the quality of signal recieved.Here AESAs come to help as the higher energy of these radars ensure that signal quality is good enough which enhances the chances of detection. Secondly since radars use radio signals thus any good RWR is capable to store different frequencies that it senses in its memory for different radars and then able to interpert it when a similar set of frequencies is sensed. After matching the received frequency against the known set, it issues a Radar warning to the pilot essentially even before the host radar is able to hear the echo. But since with greater energy at disposal, AESA can virtual utter every signal with differnt frequency from the previous one randomely thus RWR is essentially getting a new frequency everytime which makes it impossible to get an idea of what is present on the other side which makes its vurtually ineffecitive against AESA. BVRAAM can be fired with any good MSA.
2- F-14 AFAIK, never had an AESA even the latest F-14D had APG 71
F-14D

Now let me give you another example

here is F-18C varient with MSA
F18c07.jpg

and here is F-18E with APG-79 AESA
F-18E_landing_06-10304cr.jpg

can you see the exhaust at nose?

Last edited:
f18_apg73.jpg

I do not see the AESA, do you?

If you see the intakes on the second plane, they are round intakes, which means its hornet C\D not E\F which have rectangular intakes.:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom