What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Well to be honest I am also looking for some specs but we better forget those before MRCA of IAF is announced. :) We both know obvious reasons for this

Well to be honest I am also looking for some specs but we better forget those before MRCA of IAF is announced. :) We both know obvious reasons for this

hmm, rightly said. i do not think much will be available about radars, avionics and ECM before the MRCA is finalized by india as we may make change to our requirment accordingly!!
however i hope the engine will show up well before it, atleast we will know that are we going for a chines dveloped engine or will it be something from Russia. i know there are lot of speculations about it at the moment but sit tight as somoe concrete info may be comming soon!!

regards!

Definitely a Chinese engine even i can tell you with 99% authenticity. Russian will never sell AL-31F to Pakistan and to be honest Pakistan must restraint from Russian power plants as well. Those need a lot of maintenance.

for maintainance part i agree with you but cannot be sure that chines engines will be a great improvement in this regard either. moerover it is new and un reliable!!
for Russians not going to sell them to pakistan, it wont be he case. china and paksitan if come up with a joint purchase deal, russians wont ever decline it, thats for sure. the only problem can be that china may not be willing to let us have a russian engine as they will be keen to sale there own!!

regards!

Definitely a Chinese engine even i can tell you with 99% authenticity. Russian will never sell AL-31F to Pakistan and to be honest Pakistan must restraint from Russian power plants as well. Those need a lot of maintenance.
They didn't just sell RD-93, they're offering upgraded versions with TVC, they know InAF will probably not select MiG-35 anyway. Why wouldn't they sell a simple basic Al-31FN? The Chinese may well just install engines from their existing stockpile and order some more for themselves. Is Russia going to say no to one of their biggest customers when they have many R&D projects to fund?

the only problem can be that china may not be willing to let us have a russian engine as they will be keen to sale there own!!
That is a very good point you brought up.

Last edited:
it is not only that Russians may fel betrayed by indian MRCA project, in fact this may not be a case as russians have other projects worth billions of dollars going on wiht indians and they wont like to offened them to lose these aswell. the actual problem that they wont even like to decline a chines request because the venturs with china surely do worth more, moreove having said that russians wont betray indians just for sake of MRCA but still it wont be easy for them to digest a 10 billion project going down the drain, this will help us!! provided chines ask russian for engines for Pakistan!!

regards!

guys do you know how many j10s are ordered by pakistan????/

36 are planned to be orderd ! perhaps nothing is finial as of yet from wat i know again the #'s can and i think will go up in the future once we have mastered the aircraft and offcourse need to fill in the gaps for hi-tech aircraft ...:coffee:

They didn't just sell RD-93, they're offering upgraded versions with TVC, they know InAF will probably not select MiG-35 anyway. Why wouldn't they sell a simple basic Al-31FN? The Chinese may well just install engines from their existing stockpile and order some more for themselves. Is Russia going to say no to one of their biggest customers when they have many R&D projects to fund?

Ever heard something known as PAK-FA or T-50?? This will explain reason for not selling AL-31FN next please note the time line 0f 2014-15 this also means PAF wanted plane with Chinese engine and not with Russians.

guys do you know how many j10s are ordered by pakistan????/

guys why dont you bother to turn some pages and look for the question in atleast few of last pages.
tell you what, you will find it funny as this question is answered daily since last four days or so. you can chek it as a daily post. :lol:
infact i am thinking to make it my first post daily, whenever i log on i will post this information. or i may even make it my signature :rofl:

look brother Waleed i do not mean that i want to offened you all i want you to realize is that instead of just logging in and asking a question, if you manage to search for it on the forum you will easily find out the answer but more importantly you are sure to come across varoius other very important and intresting information...
i hope you understand! this is just a friendly advice to you,,:smitten:

regards!

guys why dont you bother to turn some pages and look for the question in atleast few of last pages.
tell you what, you will find it funny as this question is answered daily since last four days or so. you can chek it as a daily post. :lol:
infact i am thinking to make it my first post daily, whenever i log on i will post this information. or i may even make it my signature :rofl:

look brother Waleed i do not mean that i want to offened you all i want you to realize is that instead of just logging in and asking a question, if you manage to search for it on the forum you will easily find out the answer but more importantly you are sure to come across varoius other very important and intresting information...
i hope you understand! this is just a friendly advice to you,,:smitten:

regards!
totally agree next time if some body posses this kind of question
Arslan will be like
:hitwall:

totally agree next time if some body posses this kind of question
Arslan will be like
so what else do you expect. everyone here is to get knowledge and i dont think there is anything wrong in searching a few pages for your own good!!
do people expect that every thing will be presented in a platter and that too three times a day,,
however i never meant to be offensive toward waleed and you also kindly do not try to make sch an impression out of my post,
i hope he understand what i meant to say to him,,,

Arslan will be like

i have to, i am not allowed to be like :sniper: otherwise that is what i would like more...

regards!

I think a more sensible question can be where Pakistan Air Force will house these two squadrons of FC-20s? On which bases? Any guess and logic behind that guess?

considering that the army is repeatedly expanding its desert capabilities one should expect better aerial cover in the desert...However only the coming of this aircraft 5 years later will dictate its deployment according to its capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom