What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Thank u for the replies, seems we'll have to wait to get something really conclusive abt J10.

Some thing that i have been wanting to point out here
is can any one speculate the power of the flight control system on board J-10 ?
secondly which control surfaces are hooked on, and what % sensitivity do we expect / axis ?

The front canard design has been bothering me ...

thats it,, as mean bird suggest it is not practical to start comparing the plane with others when its configration is not out yet.
even if we know the specs we can not compare fighter jets on one t one bases as there all a lot of systems that need to be considered and the edge of onne plane in a particular scenario is gone when it face the opposition in some other condition!

regards!

thats it,, as mean bird suggest it is not practical to start comparing the plane with others when its configration is not out yet.
even if we know the specs we can not compare fighter jets on one t one bases as there all a lot of systems that need to be considered and the edge of onne plane in a particular scenario is gone when it face the opposition in some other condition!

regards!
I agree, but what about J10A and F16 Block 52? Are enough specs of J10 A available now for a comparison?

PL-12, of course
SD-10 = PL-12.
For a while perhaps, but I'd imagine PAF would work towards arming FC-20 and JF-17 with the South African A-Darter and T-Darter, especially after 2015 when missiles of this calibre will be a norm among major air forces.

What about the AMRAAM? We're procuring a huge bunch of those, any chance of cross-compatibility? The JF-17s surely will, why not the FC-20?

For a while perhaps, but I'd imagine PAF would work towards arming FC-20 and JF-17 with the South African A-Darter and T-Darter, especially after 2015 when missiles of this calibre will be a norm among major air forces.

Denel conceptualises new missile | ITWeb

They proposed T-Darter to the PAF a decade ago for the Super 7, according to this article:
Denel proposes advanced Darter derivatives-28/04/1999-Flight International

SD-10 = PL-12.

What about the AMRAAM? We're procuring a huge bunch of those, any chance of cross-compatibility? The JF-17s surely will, why not the FC-20?
SD-10 is the "export version" of PL-12, I reckon there will be some minor differences.
About AMRAAM on JF-17, the US refused to clear it until the PAF assured them all US weaponry and aircraft would be kept at one base, away from Chinese systems. Apart from that there's the technical side of mating missile with aircraft avionics, I think the only way this could be done is by installing European avionics that comes with AMRAAM already integrated. Again, that would require permission from the US and the Indian lobby would have a field day whining about 250 JF-17s armed with AMRAAM.

Last edited:
I agree, but what about J10A and F16 Block 52? Are enough specs of J10 A available now for a comparison?

brother even if the specs of J10A are available as i already mentioned and also many other members have stated time to time that one to one comparison of two fighter jets is not possible. Now look for instance consider a scenario where one plane have slightly better radar with longer range whereas the other have better RCS. now on paper we may give adavantage to plane with better range radar but in actual scenario they may well be equal as the second plane with lesser RCS will be difficult to detect at longer rangs.
bro as i am not a person from the servise so the example may sound stupid but this is how i think. the fighter jets can never be discussed in A vs B thread that members here love to start!!

i hope yo understand!

regards!

e7233613a4ef5559b76b5d0624bc3ae9.jpg

more

dunno if this was posted before... but i clearly noticed paf pilots flying jf17
ciao.....

Last edited by a moderator:
My information is that the PAF actually placed a couple of F-16s in PRC and a lot of input into the J-10 materialised from there.

Back
Top Bottom