What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

This is fundamental difference in how the US strategists think and others. Your J-20 or B1, etc, should never be in a position to requiring a gun. If that ever could happen, that immediately means that your Tier I, II and support / backup aircraft have all been destroyed. So then your one jet won't see any different of a fat, even IF it had a weapon. Weapons are created per strategies, strategies are created to counter scenarios and situations, these jets are not created for a dog fight like an F-16 or F-16 would do. That's a billion dollars being put at risk to be quickly wasted. A race car, a truck and a bus are designed for VERY different applications in life. They can't be the same.

There's no actual stealth fighter vs stealth fighter engagement before and it is expected that missiles effective pk would greatly reduced especially radar guided missiles. If an Iraqi Mig-25 successful spoofed and evaded dozens of AIM-120 launched from F-15C squadron, a stealth fighter could do it even better. Both stealth fighters can't kill each other at medium range would get into dogfight. The 1 with gun would have better chance than the 1 without after all effective missiles depleted.

There's no actual stealth fighter vs stealth fighter engagement before and it is expected that missiles effective pk would greatly reduced especially radar guided missiles. If an Iraqi Mig-25 successful spoofed and evaded dozens of AIM-120 launched from F-15C squadron, a stealth fighter could do it even better. Both stealth fighters can't kill each other at medium range would get into dogfight. The 1 with gun would have better chance than the 1 without after all effective missiles depleted.

Clearly, you didn't understand anything from my post!

This video shows J-20's exceptionally first roll at 0:58. I suggest viewers rewind to 0:00 to watch this excellent compilation of J-20 clips.

B9472A90-EABE-4407-A264-D8FF2F12BFFE.jpeg

Stats are unveiled. It is 21.2 meters long and Mach 2.0 capable.

Back
Top Bottom