What's new

Chief of the Army Staff | General Qamar Javed Bajwa's Desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
15179173_1320604947970108_8608582688748510314_n.jpg

Chief of the Army Staff

Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa was commissioned in 16 Baloch Regiment on 24 October 1980. He is graduate of Canadian Forces Command and Staff College, (Toronto) Canada, Naval Post Graduate University, Monteray( California) USA, National Defence Univesity, Islamabd. He has been an instructor at School of Infantry and Tactics, Quetta, Command and Staff College, Quetta and NDU. He has also been Brigade Major of an Infantry Brigade and Chief of Staff of Rawalpindi Corps. He has commanded 16 Baloch Regiment, an Infantry Brigade and has commanded Infantry Division in Northern Areas ( Commander FCNA). He has also commanded Pakistan Contingent in Congo. He has commanded Rawalpindi Corps, and was presently serving Inspector General Training and Evaluation at GHQ.

Graduated from foreign war colleges this guy is awesome...:-)
every Lt general is graduate of foreign colleges. not a big deal. I am happy and little sad at the same moment. Corps commander Multan was better choice in my view but it a was political decision. i hope new chief is going to live up to expectations of people and he will prove himself even better than Gen Raheel IA.

every Lt general is graduate of foreign colleges. not a big deal. I am happy and little sad at the same moment. Corps commander Multan was better choice in my view but it a was political decision. i hope new chief is going to live up to expectations of people and he will prove himself even better than Gen Raheel IA.
Dont worry he will...

Agree 100%

Incoming army chief has ‘zero presence’ on social media: ISPR

Pakistan’s army chief designate General Qamar Javed Bajwa has “zero presence” on social media and any accounts under his name are fake, the ISPR has clarified.

Gen Qamar Bajwa has zero presence on social media. All Facebook / Twitter & other social media platforms IDs & accounts on his name are fake,” Lt-Gen Asim Saleem Bajwa, head of the military’s media wing, tweeted on Sunday.

The announcement came just a day after Gen Bajwa was appointed as the country’s new chief of army staff (COAS). He will replace General Raheel Sharif on November 29.

The army’s spokesperson further announced that a formal change of command ceremony will be held on Tuesday at the army’s general headquarters (GHQ) to welcome the incoming chief. According to media reports, newly appointed Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJSC) Gen Zubair Mehmood Hayat will take charge on Monday, a day before the ceremony.

Rehearsals for #COAS Change of Comd ceremony in full swing at http://GHQ.Final Ceremony will be held on Tuesday,29th Nov 2016.

CyQoQMfWEAUGzVe.jpg

CyQoQMfXAAAtbcZ.jpg

Top Facts about New Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa
Following are the top known facts regarding new Pakistan Army Chief.

• General Bajwa was commissioned in Pakistan Army’s Sindh Regiment in 1982.
  • He attended Pakistan Military Academy’s 62nd long course.
  • Before the appointment, Gen Qamar Bajwa served at the GHQ as Inspector General of Training and Evaluation. The position Gen Sharif held before becoming army chief, he has commanded the 10 Corps, the army’s largest, which is responsible for the area along the Line of Control (LoC).
  • He has an extensive experience of handling affairs of Kashmir and northern areas. Yet, he considers extremism a bigger threat for the country than India.
  • Just like his predecessor General Raheel Sharif, he is said to be no attention-seeker and remains well-connected with his troops.

Following are the top known facts regarding new Pakistan Army Chief.

• General Bajwa was commissioned in Pakistan Army’s Sindh Regiment in 1982.
  • Before the appointment, Gen Qamar Bajwa served at the GHQ as Inspector General of Training and Evaluation. The position Gen Sharif held before becoming army chief, he has commanded the 10 Corps, the army’s largest, which is responsible for the area along the Line of Control (LoC).
  • He has an extensive experience of handling affairs of Kashmir and northern areas. Yet, he considers extremism a bigger threat for the country than India.
  • Just like his predecessor General Raheel Sharif, he is said to be no attention-seeker and remains well-connected with his troops.

Commissioned in 16 Baloch Regiment in 1980.

15179173_1320604947970108_8608582688748510314_n.jpg

Chief of the Army Staff

Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa was commissioned in 16 Baloch Regiment on 24 October 1980. He is graduate of Canadian Forces Command and Staff College, (Toronto) Canada, Naval Post Graduate University, Monteray( California) USA, National Defence Univesity, Islamabd. He has been an instructor at School of Infantry and Tactics, Quetta, Command and Staff College, Quetta and NDU. He has also been Brigade Major of an Infantry Brigade and Chief of Staff of Rawalpindi Corps. He has commanded 16 Baloch Regiment, an Infantry Brigade and has commanded Infantry Division in Northern Areas ( Commander FCNA). He has also commanded Pakistan Contingent in Congo. He has commanded Rawalpindi Corps, and was presently serving Inspector General Training and Evaluation at GHQ.

He is from the same unit as Aslam Baig, 16 baloch, therefore this unit has now the distinction of producing two chiefs.....

General Bajwa was commissioned in Pakistan Army’s Sindh Regiment in 1982.

Interesting....

All the best to new Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom