What's new

China ban Micron

Song Hong

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
China says products made by US memory chip giant Micron Technology are a national security risk.

The country's cyberspace regulator announced on Sunday that America's biggest maker of memory chips poses "serious network security risks".

It means the firm's products will be banned from key infrastructure projects in the world's second largest economy.

Apple will be next when it moves its factories out of China.

China says products made by US memory chip giant Micron Technology are a national security risk.

The country's cyberspace regulator announced on Sunday that America's biggest maker of memory chips poses "serious network security risks".

It means the firm's products will be banned from key infrastructure projects in the world's second largest economy.

Interesting approach - and i dont disagree with it. If you are prepared to "give it" as the USA is fond of doing, then you have to be prepared to also "take it".

Guess we are seeing that now - more muscular from China than I was expecting..

Good excuse to kick out a foreign competitor.

Good excuse to kick out a foreign competitor.

I don't think China has any DRAM fabs. After all, they're super expensive and a new fab can easily cost as much as $50-100 billion. Plus, you also need the expertise.

To my knowledge there are only three major players: Micron, SK Hynix, and Samsung. Micron is, obviously, an American company while the rest are from South Korea.

While I'm not sure how much it's going to impact Micron but I don't think it's going to turn into Huawei. There must be a bigger reason behind it, though we can't rule out petty global politics!

I don't think China has any DRAM fabs. After all, they're super expensive and a new fab can easily cost as much as $50-100 billion. Plus, you also need the expertise.

To my knowledge there are only three major players: Micron, SK Hynix, and Samsung. Micron is, obviously, an American company while the rest are from South Korea.

While I'm not sure how much it's going to impact Micron but I don't think it's going to turn into Huawei. There must be a bigger reason behind it, though we can't rule out petty global politics!
Micron doesn't have DRAM capacity in China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom