What's new

China conducts flight landing on aircraft carrier

great to see china bring the su33 legacy back to life :tup:

Our long walk to building up our military strength and the modernization of it!

One step forward at a time! We set the target and we deliver the products against the odds!

Good job! :china:

"against the odds" is a stretch. china after all spends 150Biliion$ on its military, second only to US. it would be criminal not to come up with good stuff

Götterdämmerung;3637618 said:
Congratulation to China! :cheers:

congrats :cheers:

Have you guys observed as yet?

J-15 in question is seen with AL-31 engines, not WS-10 as on J-15 prototypes.

:coffee::azn:

121731i1bp1726ppsqppbq.jpg.thumb.jpg

130354i88mw8mm5i1q0tz0.jpg.thumb.jpg

121725kp7z91p1pwhv1wmf.jpg.thumb.jpg

121729n774zt044soy7xsy.jpg.thumb.jpg

121721oee5nhcanwihchbv.jpg.thumb.jpg

132237zhwcw5n6vuzuuhwq.jpg.thumb.jpg

Any carrier-borne jet taken off with WS-10 as yet?
You stick to engine, I know what you want. Don't worry, slap by slap on someone.

On the topic, very exciting to see the Video, so proud, General Liu huaqing's wish turn into true.
Very like China style, do action, less talk, 2012 is very exciting year for Chinese, keep on, give slap on the someone one by one, and be louder, although their mouth also be bigger.

Have you guys observed as yet?

J-15 in question is seen with AL-31 engines, not WS-10 as on J-15 prototypes.

From #551 to #557 they are all prototypes.

So far among the seven J-15 prototypes, only #554 and #557 are equiped with WS-10H engines.

China is carrying out things step-by-step, and I dare to say - What should be, will be...

:coffee:

Yes, but operating a heavy fighter off a AC has always been a problem. Will put much strain on arrestor wire, hence frequent replacement. For the same reason there was premature retirement of F-14, and they never tried to develop naval versions of F-15 and F-22.

But the advantage of Su-33 as a naval fighter is undeniable.

Just some correction. The F-14 wasn't retired 'pre-maturely'. The thing was in service before the 70's till around 2000+. That's about 30+ years of service. The airframe had completed its life.

Plus, F-18 was available with built in and expandable electronics suite, latest technology, compact and yet strong (composite based) airframe.

The Navy doesn't use the same jets as the air force does. The Nay has it's own requirements. The F-14 and 15 were somewhat parallel programs and were meant for different end users, one for a Naval air supremacy / carrier defense and the other one for just air dominance. Thus, the air force didn't buy the F-14 and the Navy didn't need the F-15's.

Going forward, the US Navy will be using unmanned planed. F-35 may be the last manned jet in service. Even within the F-35, you have different versions for the Air force, the Navy and the Marines.

List of aircraft that will be deployed on the carrier eventually:

- J-15
- J-15S
- J-31
- Z-8AEW
- Ka-31
- Y-7 AWACS
- JL-9G
- Sharp Sword UCAV.

List of weapons that J-15 is expected to carry:
- YJ-12
- YJ-83K