What's new

China expresses concern over Indian Missiles Deployment and sale thereof to Vietnam

Pakistan First

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
China expresses concern about Indian missiles on border
REUTERS — PUBLISHED ABOUT AN HOUR AGO
BEIJING: China's Defence Ministry said on Thursday that it hoped India could put more efforts into regional peace and stability rather than the opposite, in response to Indian plans to put advanced cruise missiles along the disputed border with China.

Indian military officials say the plan is to equip regiments deployed on the China border with the BrahMos missile, made by an Indo-Russian joint venture, as part of ongoing efforts to build up military and civilian infrastructure capabilities there.

The two nuclear-armed neighbours have been moving to gradually ease long-existing tensions between them.

Leaders of Asia's two giants pledged last year to cool a festering border dispute, which dates back to a brief border war in 1962, though the disagreement remains unresolved.

Asked about the missile plans at a monthly news briefing, Chinese Defence Ministry spokesman Wu Qian said maintaining peace and stability in the border region was an “important consensus” reached by both countries.

"We hope that the Indian side can do more to benefit peace and stability along the border and in the region, rather than the opposite," Wu said, without elaborating.

China lays claim to more than 90,000 sq km ruled by New Delhi in the eastern sector of the Himalayas. India says China occupies 38,000 sq km of its territory on the Aksai Chin plateau in the west.

India is also suspicious of China's support for Pakistan.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will meet Chinese President Xi Jinping when he visits China next month to attend the G20 summit.

Modi's government has ordered BrahMos Aerospace, which produces the missiles, to accelerate sales to a list of five countries topped by Vietnam, according to a government note viewed by Reuters and previously unreported.

Modi visits Vietnam, which is embroiled in a dispute over the South China Sea with Beijing, before arriving in China

Reciprocation is something China doesnt understand. They can do all they want. From arming Pakistan to poking noses in India's internal issues like Kashmir (it did before like stamped visa and now it has stopped) , militarizing Tibet, roadlines, missiles, Air bases in Tibetian plateau and now we do the same.

China being a large neighbour should state its intention first by de-militarizing their border with India. And then we will think of it.

BrahMos again,I nearly believe BraMos is the most advanced crusied missile in the world.
Have Russia equiped this missile?Any indian here to tell me?
to accelerate sales to a list of five countries topped by Vietnam, according to a government note viewed by Reuters
So Vietnam have already decided to buy it,or this is just the Indian own wishful thinking?

@Rajaraja Chola,

You wrote: China being a large neighbour should state its intention first by de-militarizing their border with India. And then we will think of it.

I really like the way you think. Lolz.

China is arming pakistan to the teeth. India otoh hasn't done anything that is even close to that. India is extremely short sighted in this instance but u can't blame india because viet konk military is a swinger. U can't trust any swinger by giving away your tech

But India doesn't have the capability to arm Vietnam to the teeth.

And the US weapons are simply too expensive for Vietnam, one single destroyer is equivalent to Vietnam's annual military expenditure.

China's Defence Ministry said on Thursday that it hoped India could put more efforts into regional peace and stability rather than the opposite

We hoped the same from China for a very long time....alas.....

@Rajaraja Chola,

You wrote: China being a large neighbour should state its intention first by de-militarizing their border with India. And then we will think of it.

I really like the way you think. Lolz.

For some reason I am not getting Tags notifications :what:

Its true. You may find it hard to believe but majority of our strike corps are in madhya pradesh and only one inside Rajasthan. And our Army's number in Kashmir are highly exaggerated. BSF and CRPF dont constitute the army.

Now every expansion, including the raising of Mountain division are targetted at China. Most of infrastructure projects going on in the East are a reaction to what the Chinese have done in the North. Everything including Airbases, Missile regiments, infrastructure are in response to the Chinese. If they have every right to do so, so does India.

We will keep arming Pakistan, that's the biggest contribution for the stability in the region.

Dont cry when we reciprocate. :P Simple as that. I mean not you, but Chinese foreign mininstry.

Dont cry when we reciprocate. :P Simple as that. I mean not you, but Chinese foreign mininstry.

A weak Pakistan will cause India to beat more war drum, and this is the regional instability. So to arm a strong Pakistan is the right solution.

BTW, go ahead, keep arming Vietnam, it won't make any difference. China is the tiger, while Vietnam is the kitten. A kitten will never become a threat to the tiger no matter how it is armed to the teeth.

For some reason I am not getting Tags notifications :what:

Its true. You may find it hard to believe but majority of our strike corps are in madhya pradesh and only one inside Rajasthan. And our Army's number in Kashmir are highly exaggerated. BSF and CRPF dont constitute the army.

Now every expansion, including the raising of Mountain division are targetted at China. Most of infrastructure projects going on in the East are a reaction to what the Chinese have done in the North. Everything including Airbases, Missile regiments, infrastructure are in response to the Chinese. If they have every right to do so, so does India.

Dear indian,

Are you saying that you are now challenging China and want China to agree to your terms before you will think?

Is that the essence of your thoughts?

Kindly, elaborate.

A weak Pakistan will cause India to beat more war drum, and this is the regional stability. So to arm a strong Pakistan is the right solution.

BTW, go ahead, keep arming Vietnam, it won't make any difference. China is the tiger, while Vietnam is the kitten. A kitten will never become a threat to the tiger no matter how it is armed to the teeth.

The differences with Pakistan will keep rising thanks to our economy. We will invest more in defence and there is a limit to a level China can spoonfeed Pakistan. China needs money ultimately.
For your blind support, I will let u know India has never started any war with Pakistan. Either be it 1948,65,71 and 99. We have never started any war.
Secondly China has no stake in regional affairs of South Asia. Arming Pakistan for the sake of Stability of SA is just BS. Already China has enimity in the east. If you want to create an situation in the South West, then my very best.

The differences with Pakistan will keep rising thanks to our economy. We will invest more in defence and there is a limit to a level China can spoonfeed Pakistan. China needs money ultimately.
For your blind support, I will let u know India has never started any war with Pakistan. Either be it 1948,65,71 and 99. We have never started any war.
Secondly China has no stake in regional affairs of South Asia. Arming Pakistan for the sake of Stability of SA is just BS. Already China has enimity in the east. If you want to create an situation in the South West, then my very best.

Even in 1962, you stated you were not the one who started, but in reality, you were/are always the one who started the conflict.

Back
Top Bottom