What's new

China makes Skype illegal

No one is questioning what China is doing...The only question what grave national security does 'Skype' constitute ?? Or in more generic terms what is the reason/rationale behind this.
According to the new regulations, phone calls from computers to land lines on Skype will be banned, but it may still be legal to make calls from computers to other computers.

This explains........ Its not about the security... Unless some news agency joins two different news and say it is about the security

Skype is not banned.

All services that offer calling telephones from a computer, are banned.

If it was because of information problems: QQ also has video chat, group voice chat and group text chat.

Skype is not banned.

All services that offer calling telephones from a computer, are banned.

If it was because of information problems: QQ also has video chat, group voice chat and group text chat.
As I said its business purpose but the news from the west will join two different matter and will call it as China is chocking its citizens.....

You bloody murderer comunists..... :lol:

Very Very Good!

Thanks a lot!!!

Please ban MSN, GTalk, et al.

I am going to loose whatever minute competition from Chinese in the world of IT Out Sourcing.... :victory:

A friend of mine in China tried to contact me for a few days. He told me he couldn't use skype to make calls for several days now.

The children of Chinese government officials, who are studying abroad, use these services to call home, so I do not think anyone is going to cut the lines.

Soooooooooo very true! The children of the Party must be allowed the freedom to learn in the West so that they can adopt any valuable technologies needed to become the next generation of oppressors. It should be called the Chinese Corruption Party. Its motto: "Do as I say, not as I do!"

Soooooooooo very true! The children of the Party must be allowed the freedom to learn in the West so that they can adopt any valuable technologies needed to become the next generation of oppressors. It should be called the Chinese Corruption Party. Its motto: "Do as I say, not as I do!"

What is this? WTF?!

Come on TS.... Trolling doesn't suit you.

officially it may be banned but many of my friends in china still using fb , skype , msn and google . i think is just pure business to protect similar chinese web sites from competition.Nothing to do with cencorship as many of our indian members think.

wow calm down China

whats wrong with Skype? Scard it might be used as a tool to spread Information?

*shakes head* axis of evil indeed

china is getting rid of western products, what say??, western products always come with bugs installed.

china is getting rid of western products, what say??, western products always come with bugs installed.
I doubt thats the reason. Why does the CIA need to listen to me chatting with my friend in China. Additionally think of the magnitude of calls they need to monitor to gain any beneficial info ... if at all they try to do it this way.
I feel it is purely protectionism of some local alternative product. Chinese members may know more about this alternate if there is any.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom