What's new

China opens door for medical services for Bangladesh citizens

We all know that China is a tourist country. Chinese tourists travel to the world. at the same time, tourists from around the world travel to China. these are their personal rights.

I'm willing to believe that India's medical level have improved. But this is not the main reason why Chinese tourists go to India.

btw, how many Chinese tourists go to India?

Around 250k Chinese tourists visited India in 2016, there is a strategy to attract more Chinese tourists to visit India:

http://chinaplus.cri.cn/opinion/opedblog/23/20180122/81048.html

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...144-million-tourists/articleshow/65595548.cms

Around 250k Chinese tourists visited India in 2016, there is a strategy to attract more Chinese tourists to visit India:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...144-million-tourists/articleshow/65595548.cms
Not too much. In 2016, hundreds of millions of Chinese people traveled abroad.

Sorry, only 122 million Chinese travel abroad (2016).

I don't understand why Chinese defame anything not Chinese. If healthcare in India is good that doesn't mean it's bad in china. Why can't be good in both countries ?

@hellfire @Nilgiri Can you show some light friends?

I thought of saying more now on this (and I now regret saying lot of what I did end up saying here because there are good Chinese posters I am fond of like @Two and @GeraltofRivia )....

Its just a complex some Chinese have (and complexes are found in all flavours in every society), its best to ignore as much as possible.

Yes this is very early start....in fact foreign tourism has long way to still go in India.

I think for 144 million number, the year being referenced is 2017

Thanks China for the initiative. Now Bangladeshi people will have another very good alternative.
But what I fear about getting treatment in China is the language barrier, one of my friend always visit China for business purpose. Once he visited a local hospital in China to see a doctor, the doctor doesn't speak English so he wasn't able to get the treatment.
Though I have no doubt that Chinese medical treatment is very high quality.

Yes, the medical conditions and health level in India are very good. Even with some negative news. This is because India is open. China is closed... So maybe China is worse than India. After all, China is closed. Who knows.

If that is your take of what has been posted by me so far, I see the pointlessness of a discourse with you.

So it turns out. Mouth skill is very important.

Was that a sexual innuendo?

400 million illiterates.
62 million malnourished children.
The hunger index ranks 103.
Life expectancy, literacy rate is lower than North Korea.

Now you tell me "Healthcare being good in India does not mean it is worse in China."...
:-)

Can you establish a correlation between healthcare provision and nutrition/illiteracy? I shall be, of course, quite interested to see r with a +1 value here :)

Munch over these facts:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6141094/

If that is your take of what has been posted by me so far, I see the pointlessness of a discourse with you.

Was that a sexual innuendo?

Can you establish a correlation between healthcare provision and nutrition/illiteracy? I shall be, of course, quite interested to see r with a +1 value here :)

Munch over these facts:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6141094/
When did you create this illusion??
Are you discussing with me?
Sorry, I really didn't take you seriously.
If I wish. I can show you more facts.

https://international.commonwealthfund.org/countries/india/

Private health insurance: The majority of private expenditures are out-of-pocket payments made mainly at the point of service. Despite tax exemptions for insurance premiums, there has been limited uptake of voluntary private insurance among Indians.

High out-of-pocket spending (69% of total health expenditures) results in part from patient fees charged by private health care providers and, to some extent, public providers.12,13 Under the National Health Mission, described below, free care in public hospitals was extended to certain services: maternity, newborn, and infant care and disease control programs.14 Also, despite plans to upgrade facilities to meet benchmarks laid down by Indian Public Health Standards, the availability of staff, equipment, and drugs varies significantly between and within states, forcing patients to seek care in the more expensive private sector.15

More than 63 million Indians are faced with impoverishment every year because of catastrophic health

More than 63 million Indians are faced with impoverishment every year because of catastrophic health care costs.

https://international.commonwealthfund.org/countries/china/

Publicly financed health insurance:
In 2014, China spent approximately 5.6 percent of its gross domestic product (CNY3,531 billion, or USD992 billion1) on health care, with 30 percent financed by the central government and local governments and 38 percent by publicly financed health insurance, private health insurance, or social health donations.2 There were three main types of publicly financed insurance: 1) urban employment-based basic medical insurance (launched in 1998); 2) urban resident basic medical insurance (launched in 2009); and 3) the “new cooperative medical scheme” for rural residents (launched in 2003).

Urban employment-based basic medical insurance is financed mainly from employee and employer payroll taxes, with minimal government funding. Participation is mandatory for employees in urban areas; the insured population was 283.3 million in 2014.3 Employees’ nonemployed family members are not covered. Urban resident basic medical insurance, which is voluntary at the household level, covered 314.5 million self-employed individuals, children, students, and elderly adults in 2014. Both urban employment-based and urban resident basic medical insurance are administered by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security and run by local authorities. The rural new cooperative medical scheme, administered mainly by the National Health and Family Planning Commission and run by local authorities, is also voluntary at the household level and covered a rural population of 736 million in 2014, representing a coverage rate of 98.9 percent of rural residents.

Yes, your mouth skill is very good.

When did you create this illusion??
Are you discussing with me?
Sorry, I really didn't take you seriously.
If I wish. I can show you more facts.

https://international.commonwealthfund.org/countries/india/

Private health insurance: The majority of private expenditures are out-of-pocket payments made mainly at the point of service. Despite tax exemptions for insurance premiums, there has been limited uptake of voluntary private insurance among Indians.

High out-of-pocket spending (69% of total health expenditures) results in part from patient fees charged by private health care providers and, to some extent, public providers.12,13 Under the National Health Mission, described below, free care in public hospitals was extended to certain services: maternity, newborn, and infant care and disease control programs.14 Also, despite plans to upgrade facilities to meet benchmarks laid down by Indian Public Health Standards, the availability of staff, equipment, and drugs varies significantly between and within states, forcing patients to seek care in the more expensive private sector.15

More than 63 million Indians are faced with impoverishment every year because of catastrophic health

More than 63 million Indians are faced with impoverishment every year because of catastrophic health care costs.

https://international.commonwealthfund.org/countries/china/

Publicly financed health insurance:
In 2014, China spent approximately 5.6 percent of its gross domestic product (CNY3,531 billion, or USD992 billion1) on health care, with 30 percent financed by the central government and local governments and 38 percent by publicly financed health insurance, private health insurance, or social health donations.2 There were three main types of publicly financed insurance: 1) urban employment-based basic medical insurance (launched in 1998); 2) urban resident basic medical insurance (launched in 2009); and 3) the “new cooperative medical scheme” for rural residents (launched in 2003).

Urban employment-based basic medical insurance is financed mainly from employee and employer payroll taxes, with minimal government funding. Participation is mandatory for employees in urban areas; the insured population was 283.3 million in 2014.3 Employees’ nonemployed family members are not covered. Urban resident basic medical insurance, which is voluntary at the household level, covered 314.5 million self-employed individuals, children, students, and elderly adults in 2014. Both urban employment-based and urban resident basic medical insurance are administered by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security and run by local authorities. The rural new cooperative medical scheme, administered mainly by the National Health and Family Planning Commission and run by local authorities, is also voluntary at the household level and covered a rural population of 736 million in 2014, representing a coverage rate of 98.9 percent of rural residents.

Yes, your mouth skill is very good.

I have a doubt whether you can understand what is being written ;)

@Nilgiri And you were saying he is sensible enough ... I doubt he even understands English. And I was denied an opportunity to learn Chinese by a silly old fool (there is a lovely 2 years Language Course in Tawang). What he answers to what is typed!:suicide:

@Nilgiri And you were saying he is sensible enough ... I doubt he even understands English. And I was denied an opportunity to learn Chinese by a silly old fool (there is a lovely 2 years Language Course in Tawang). What he answers to what is typed!:suicide:
Can you tell me where your confidence comes from?

Say that to WHO and ask them to change the data and reports, it's useless to say it here on PDF.

We don't need to listen to a Chinese or what the WHO reports. Every year thousands of Bangladeshis receive effective medical treatments from hospitals in places like Madras. Use your brain, people wouldn't flock to india for nothing.

Now now...the stuff we talked about outside here was plenty sensible (Indian, Chinese culture, literature etc).

I would be absolute last one to claim sensibility crosses over 100% into every field of discussion by someone :D ...god knows its true with many of my Pak friends here....heck @Joe Shearer has a real soft spot for razpak for example haha.

But why is there an "oxygen cylinder incident"? how does it help India's 1.3 billion people?
But why chinese medicines were recalled from all over the world? Hows does it help China's 2.2 bn people?

You are very funny. It seems that you think Chinese hospitals are just "beautiful buildings".

Chinese hospital ship. Drainage: 14300 tons.
Arent u gonna thank us for that medical ship? After all world got the idea from us after we launched Lifeline express in 1991.
lifeline.jpg

Medical-Check-Up-on-Lifeline-Express-Hospital-Train-2.jpg

@hellfire
@Nilgiri

OK, so I stopped laughing. This has to be the funniest thread I've read for some time on PDF and to think that it was Nilgiri's expertly placed jab into, umm, the fleshy part of the thigh, as Wodehouse put it, that brought me to it. I have some comments to make:
  1. Nilgiri, notice that Bangladeshis are dead honest even though they have a fiercely independent point of view on a variety of subjects other than this one.
  2. In Kolkata, admittedly not the best treatment centre in the world, the entire area between Park Street to the south, Wellesley Street to the east, Chowringhee to the west (all right, perhaps New Market is a better marker) and Dhurrumtola Street to the north (all these are the old names, names have been changed in three of these) is practically a Bangladesh enclave. Language, currency, travel arrangements for bus, train or air to Vellore, Chennai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad, or to Mumbai or New Delhi, or back to Bangladesh are conveniently available. For some types of typically Bangladeshi cuisine, otherwise less frequently encountered in that supercilious ghoti city, this is THE area.
  3. In Chennai, in the vicinity of Apollo Hospital, ditto; the quality and availability of Bangladeshi food joints is surprising.
  4. Vellore - the same, but has to be seen through the lens of a huge support structure catering to patients from all over India. So you get something familiar and comforting no matter what your own language, or religion, or cultural background.
  5. To a lesser degree than these three, so, too, in Bengaluru and Hyderabad.
  6. I know that people travel from all of these to Mumbai or to New Delhi for some specific treatment, so those must be equally supportive.
  7. So much for the supporting milieu. I doubt strongly that this is possible to replicate anywhere else in the world. That will explain the people-friendliness of these treatment centres.
  8. The same thing applies to Pakistani patients. They feel comfortable in Indian treatment centres of the type mentioned above because there is no steep cultural gradient to be overcome in Indian centres for Pakistanis, even in the supposedly 'alien' south India.
  9. Coming to the quality of medical staff, they are outstanding. There is no point in trotting out the long list of doctors who have practices abroad, very high-profile practices, who also spend time in India on professional practice.
  10. Medical education is cheaper in China than in India. It is also more dicey. A friend set up an entire business shipping out dozens of medical students to China. The shit hit the fan when they returned and applied for jobs and were rejected in very large numbers and percentages. These 'foreign-trained' students are very poorly trained.
  11. I laughed till the tears came at one member's juvenile attempts at impressing us all with pictures of nice large buildings to support his thesis that medical treatment was far more advanced in China than in India. I wish it were possible to take him to Medicity in Gurgaon. Or to the dozens of 50 to 100 bedded hospitals in Hyderabad, that Nilgiri might have seen, and that @hellfire can testify to, professionally and personally.
  12. Interventions by Two and Beijing Walker were the best part of the exchange. Beijing Walker cannot get into his head the difference between offering a high quality of medical treatment to the entire country's population versus offering a world class quality of medical treatment to those who can come to the facility from anywhere in the world.
  13. It isn't about cost, either. Costs in these hot-spots are among the lowest in the world, apples to apples; a complicated treatment in India will cost more than a simple treatment in India, and will continue to cost more than a simple treatment abroad.
  14. So, wading through the clutter, Indian students pay fortunes to get medical education in India, or lesser fees to get trained abroad; then they turn to practice, and are accepted for registration in a differential manner. Indian students get accepted to very high percentages in these blind tests; students trained in the western world also get immediate acceptance. I have had a close relative come out with flying colours from an East German medical training programme, and he was the most hapless idiot to practice (the family believes that he killed my grandmother, but he himself has passed away, so Nil Nisi and all that).
  15. A medical education in China is not a great thing for an Indian medical student, while it might turn out to be brilliant for a Chinese student.
  16. At the end of receiving excellent training at a high cost, Indian doctors gravitate to the shiny new corporate hospitals that earn gazillion bucks treating patients at world levels for reasonable costs but very large numbers.
  17. Indian patients get good treatment when they can get to it. The problem is that there are overwhelming numbers, and the number of hospitals and doctors could grow ten times and not exceed requirements.
  18. So what is so good about the Indian healthcare system when it comes to offering very advanced treatment for relatively few overseas patients? The answer is that it has become an autonomous system and does not need any external inputs any more to run on under its own steam.
  19. What is not so good about the Indian healthcare system? That the benefits cannot be transferred to each and every Indian citizen needing healthcare, as they deserve.
  20. What else do we take away from this? Seriatim:
    1. I thought what I thought about one Chinese member in person, but Nilgiri will be unhappy if I say out loud what I thought/think. I'm only glad that now hellfire will know exactly what I mean.
    2. I found another Chinese member showing up in his true colours, an obstinate, stubborn, xenophobe with a poor understanding of concepts in the abstract, and an arrogance that has begun to be the hall-mark of the Chinese. Always thought he was over-rated.
    3. Razpak is streets ahead of others mentioned by identity in the thread.
    4. Nilgiri and hellfire are the bestest Indian members on board.
    5. I remain proud to be Bangladeshi by blood. We are an honest, straightforward people; yes, sometimes we egg up our arguments, big deal, this is for you, Nilgiri :D
    6. It was noticeable that Pakistani members had the good sense to leave this thread alone. The exceptions were the hapless and unlucky ones who fall in their bathrooms and break their hips. Best let alone.
Parting shot: @Nilgiri, you must know already who pays @hellfire his salary (hint: see below). Guess what he is paid to do! :angel::angel::angel:

upload_2018-12-17_8-47-24.jpeg

TBH, Medical treatments in Bangladesh is not that bad either.
Some faulty diagnosis by doctors and some wrong operations done by surgeon gave it a bad name. And worst of it created a trust gap between the patients and Doctors.

I was born prematurely just after 26 weeks, and kept in incubator for like 7 days. But managed to survive. Also underwent appendicitis surgery in Bangladesh without any problem. My father also had an ulcer surgery that went fine. A friend of mine passed USMLE exam with very high score while he was studying his MBBS in Bangladesh. But the news of doctors treating patients wrongly spread over the internet and newspaper and created a fear among patients. An year ago the news of a surgeon leaving bandage inside the body of a patient went viral. Mistakes happen everywhere....but it seems this types of mistake happens more in Bangladesh compared to other countries. And this created a trust gap. In 2016, when my father needed a surgery in his eyes, he could not trust doctors and Bangladeshi hospitals. It's not just of the trust gap though. Several more factors played a part here. Getting an Indian visa became way easier overtime. Many people who got treatment from India, gave positive reviews of it. And the Hospital's administrative culture in India is much better too. In Bangladesh, Hospital administration often misbehaves with the relatives of a patient. In India, I have heard they are much more polite and understanding. Nowadays it is becoming a norm to visit India even for treatments which can be easily done in Bangladesh too.

Back
Top Bottom