What's new

China Reacts to Japanese Anti-Ship Missile Positioning

JGSDF_Type88_SSM-02.jpg

Type 88 Surface-to-Ship Missile. JSDF Photo

China is set to take “firm and effective actions,” in response to a planned move of anti-ship missiles by Japanese Self Defense Force closer to the disputed Senkaku Islands, according to a Monday statement from the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The JSDF intends to move Type 12 surface-to-ship missiles to Kyushu and Miyako islands likely to better defend the Japanese claims to the small islands, according to local press reports.

“Japan’s moves in the military and security fields will have complex impacts on the regional security environment. Therefore, Japan should give responsible statements as to its true intentions behind these moves,” Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told reporters in response to the reports.he deployments are in line with plans announced in our Mid-Term Defence Programme (MTDP) in December 2013 and are not meant to aggravate any specific country,
Japanese officials confirmed the moves of the Type 12s in a Tuesday statement to Jane’s Defence Weekly.

“The deployments are in line with plans announced in our Mid-Term Defence Program (MTDP) in December 2013 and are not meant to aggravate any specific country,” a JSDF spokesman said.
The Type 12 missiles have a range of about 62 miles and are an improvement over earlier Type 88 anti-ship missiles manufactured by Mitsubishi.

“The new missiles feature mid-course GPS guidance that is said to be more precise due to improved topography-matching and target-discrimination capabilities. The Type 12 also boasts shorter reload times and reduced lifecycle costs,” according to Jane’s.

Give Japan Brahmos block 3 so that she can f**k her enemy 500 KM away with 100% accuracy. No ship or A/C dare to come close.

Give Japan Brahmos block 3 so that she can f**k her enemy 500 KM away with 100% accuracy. No ship or A/C dare to come close.

If destiny wills it, my friend, then I don't see why not. As Japan enters the foreign military market, and as she begins to acquire greater defense materiel, I believe the Brahmos might be a great product for us. With Abe heading Japan and Modi leading India, the possibilities are endless. :cheers:

If destiny wills it, my friend, then I don't see why not. As Japan enters the foreign military market, and as she begins to acquire greater defense materiel, I believe the Brahmos might be a great product for us. With Abe heading Japan and Modi leading India, the possibilities are endless. :cheers:

yes.

Brahmos is a real nightmare of enemy ship in the ocean. It can kill enemy ship merely with its kinetic energy. If you put a 300 KG bomb, it will disintegrate enemy ship into small peaces. It is the real killer.

But you couldn't couldn't strike when Japanese plane came as close as 30 m to you plane and entered your airspace.

Of course not. All they have been doing is sending scout craft. They can bully Vietnam and Philippines, but they dare not move into Japanese sovereign territory.

They know what will happen. :lol:

The atomic bombs that were dropped on hiroshima and nagasaki was the coup de grace, so to speak. Prior to that, Japanese Empire had fought the United States completely , and due to the much superior American naval, air, and land power, we succumbed to peace. It was the United States' military might that defeated the Japanese Empire. Trust me, it was not the Nationalist Government of China (Jiang Jieshi led), as we conquered most of coastal China , French Indochina, British Malaya, Dutch Malaccas , and the Philippines.

If the United States was not at war with us, most likely the conquered territories would have remained part of the Japanese East Asian Co Prosperity Sphere.

:)

I doubt that.
The prolonged war in China already shattered Japanese economy and USA has already put full sanctions on Japan.

Japan only had oil supplies for a year to run her war machine.

Japan had 2 options really, leave Asia, or fight against USA, unfortunately for the millions of Japanese citizen's lives, japan chose the wrong option.

I thought the Chinese were big fans of defensive anti-ship missiles. Why are they bitching now?

quoted for truth :tup:

I doubt that.
The prolonged war in China already shattered Japanese economy and USA has already put full sanctions on Japan.

Japan only had oil supplies for a year to run her war machine.

Japan had 2 options really, leave Asia, or fight against USA, unfortunately for the millions of Japanese citizen's lives, japan chose the wrong option.

We accomplished all three objectives at once: 1) conquer coastal China (which was where the bulk of the population), 2) eliminate European forces from Asia-Pacific and 3) crush the allied combined naval force in the Battle of Java Sea, strike the American Pacific Fleet.

Unfortunately, with our forces concentrating majority of the Imperial Navy, Air Force and Army against the United States in the Pacific Theater, our possessions in mainland Asia were largely left to Korean conscripts or new trainees in the Imperial Army. The goal was a short victory with the United States, but we underestimated the American resolve , and of course their manufacturing capability to persecute the war to their favor.

But now i am digressing from the subject matter, so let's get back shall we.

Cheers,

To those who think that Japan is weak, it is folly to misinterpret Japan's silence and reservation for weakness, for a Power never shows off its true strength to its enemy, competitor. We have defeated China in 2 wars, and Russia before. We are quite aware of our capabilities, strengths.
I have big respect for the Japanese army. Their warfare and fighting spirit are famous and affective. Never give up.
Hope Vietnam government decides and seeks a security alliance with your country.

I would conjecture that they're worried Japan's capabilities of negating their A2/AD claim (anti-access/area-denial). LOL.

Do you believe without US military Japan can and will win a all out war in China in the future?

I would conjecture that they're worried Japan's capabilities of negating their A2/AD claim (anti-access/area-denial). LOL.
They claim to be defensive only...but when another nation adds to their defense they cry.

The atomic bombs that were dropped on hiroshima and nagasaki was the coup de grace, so to speak. Prior to that, Japanese Empire had fought the United States completely , and due to the much superior American naval, air, and land power, we succumbed to peace. It was the United States' military might that defeated the Japanese Empire. Trust me, it was not the Nationalist Government of China (Jiang Jieshi led), as we conquered most of coastal China , French Indochina, British Malaya, Dutch Malaccas , and the Philippines.

If the United States was not at war with us, most likely the conquered territories would have remained part of the Japanese East Asian Co Prosperity Sphere.

:)

But if history serves me right, Japan was the only country to ever occupy a US land and that is only part ever occupied by a foreign force. I dont think US military might was enough to succumbed Japan to peace. The rising sun back in the days was a force to reckon with.

Do you believe without US military Japan can and will win a all out war in China in the future?

Call of Duty hypotheticals are pointless. An "all out war" is not happening while Japan is under the US nuclear umbrella, and there is a US base on the Islands.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom