What's new

China rejects EU support for ‘universal’ human rights, saying ‘satisfaction of people’ is most impor

even I choose to use VPN, I won't be arrested. so sorry to let you down.

It just hillarious you went to that "COME HERE ARREST ME" level right away along with the cussing.

Big chip on your shoulder clearly....along with attacking the OP not even realising he is pro-China.

Just calm down man. China's fate rests on this english language internet forum stuff or something?

Chinese officials have told their European counterparts that human rights should be measured by the people’s well-being and rejected the EU’s support for the “universal” values enshrined in the United Nations Charter.

The statements issued by both sides after a meeting between the EU’s foreign affairs chief and Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi underlined their disagreements on human rights by recording their discussions on the topic in markedly different ways.

While the Europeans focused on Mogherini’s support for “universality”, the Chinese statement emphasised her call for mutual respect and comments that there were “different approaches” to the issue.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
The issue has long been a bone of contention between the two sides, and hours after the meeting the Chinese foreign ministry reacted angrily to the news that the European Parliament had given its top human rights award to the jailed Uygur activist Ilham Tohti, describing him as a “terrorist”.

8367c29c-f6f6-11e9-87ad-fce8e65242a6_1320x770_023139.jpg

Uygur activist Ilham Tohti is serving a life sentence. Photo: AFP
Share:
The Chinese foreign ministry statement issued after their discussion on a range of foreign policy issues said that Wang had told his counterpart that “satisfaction of the people” should be the way human rights were measured.

He continued that China would continue to focus on development and “let the people live good lives to protect and elevate their human rights”.

SUBSCRIBE TO US CHINA TRADE WAR
Get updates direct to your inbox

By registering, you agree to our T&C and Privacy Policy
According to the statement, Mogherini had acknowledged that there are “different approaches to safeguarding and promoting human rights” and accepted that there were “problems with the human rights situation in European countries”.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dip...ects-eu-support-universal-human-rights-saying

EU is more polite to China than before, only US is still hysteria playing one-man show.

It's very hard for non east Asian people to merge in east Asian countries, China has over one million South Koreans living in China, China, Japan and Korea all have large expats groups living in their countries from each other, cause it's to blend in and adapt culturally.

You are a liar! Where is your proof that one million South Koreans currently live in China?! The Sixth National Population Census that Beijing did in 2010 showed only 120,750 S. Koreans that live in China.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a FUCKING liar! Where is your proof that one million South Koreans currently live in China?! The Sixth National Population Census that Beijing did in 2010 showed only 120,750 S. Koreans that live in China.
now is year 2019,but the number shall not reach 1 millions until now .

This Wikipedia page counts every North Korean and South Korean, and other Koreans that abandoned South/North Korean citizenship and took up their host country citizenship such as Chinese Koreans that live in Yanbian province as one large "ethnic" group. My complaint towards your fellow Chinese is that they are claiming one million Koreans with South Korean citizenship live in China when China's own 2010 census is proof against that. This is why Wikipedia is very unreliable because it doesn't account for those factors.

I really don't understand why you Chinese have this silly fantasy that so many South Koreans would want to live in China when our bilateral relations are almost in the garbage due to our various political disputes such as the THAAD and regular trespassing violations by PRC Chinese fishermen into South Korea's EEZ.

Last edited:
This Wikipedia page counts every North Korean and South Korean, and other Koreans that abandoned South/North Korean citizenship and took up their host country citizenship such as Chinese Koreans that live in Yanbian province as one large "ethnic" group. My complaint against your fellow Chinese is that they are claiming one million Koreans with South Korean citizenship live in China when China's own 2010 census is proof against that. This is why Wikipedia is very unreliable because it doesn't account for those factors.

I really don't understand why you Chinese have this silly fantasy that so many South Koreans would want to live in China when our bilateral relations are almost in the garbage due to our various political disputes such as the THAAD and trespassing violations by PRC Chinese fishermen into South Korea's EEZ.
cause China provides better life with much lower cost. and we have many churchs here as well. especially city like Shanghai, I have the saying become my wife worked at Korean company for over 10 years.

It's very hard for non east Asian people to merge in east Asian countries, China has over one million South Koreans living in China, China, Japan and Korea all have large expats groups living in their countries from each other, cause it's to blend in and adapt culturally.

Your article said ethnic Korean, not all Ethnic Korean are South Korean (Which is the term you used), most of the Ethnic Korean who reside in China are reside in North Korean/Chinese Border, and majority of those are Northern Refugee.

There are also a large influx of ethnic Korean from Central Asian country reside in China, specifically from Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan

South Korean reside in China is about 150,000 to 200,000 no more than half a million

Your article said ethnic Korean, not all Ethnic Korean are South Korean (Which is the term you used), most of the Ethnic Korean who reside in China are reside in North Korean/Chinese Border, and majority of those are Northern Refugee.

There are also a large influx of ethnic Korean from Central Asian country reside in China, specifically from Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan

South Korean reside in China is about 150,000 to 200,000 no more than half a million
even a million won't be problem for us

I hope South Korean live a happy life on China

USA and China are the most attractive places for South Koreans to work and live.

Back
Top Bottom