What's new

China shall give 50 JF17 Thunder on emergency bases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling perhaps something is going on with the timing of this news.

Pakistan, China likely to ink agreement on JF-17 Thunder

BEIJING: Pakistan and China are expected to sign an agreement today (Thursday) for the provision of 50 JF-17 thunder aircraft to Pakistan on emergency basis, it has been learnt by Daily Times. According to official sources, these aircraft will be equipped with sophisticated avionics. Not only will the aircraft be handed over within weeks, China will also foot the bill initially. Although Pakistan and China have been jointly developed this multirole combat aircraft in the past, in the aftermath of the US operation in Abbottabad, serious questions have been raised about Pakistan’s defence capabilities. According to a strategic expert, the speedy delivery of 50 pieces of this aircraft, originally to be done over two years, is expected to allay apprehensions of not only the Pakistani public but will also send a message to the world that Pakistan’s defence is not weak. It might be remembered that not only has the Indian military chief speculated on the possibility of a US-style strike from the Indian side to take out jihadi outfits in Pakistan, there has been escalation on the Pakistan-India border near Sialkot recently. Also, observers believe that in a situation when the speculations are rife that Pakistan may not be able to resist another US attack inside its territory if it so decides, this agreement will send a clear message to the world on which side China stands.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

No doubt awsome news but weeks? comon guys......

Great news, the BVR Gear and the avionis will definately add a punch to the PAF.

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD , is all I want to say

Pak Cheen(China) friendship Zinda bad

BEIJING: China will immediately provide 50 JF-17 Thunder aircraft to Pakistan, an official said here on Wednesday.

“We will get these planes in weeks,” he said, adding that a formal agreement to that effect was likely to be signed on Thursday.

The official said Pakistan and China were already jointly producing the JF-17 aircraft, but these 50 planes would be equipped with more sophisticated avionics. He said the war planes to be fully funded by China would help bolster Pakistan’s defence and add to tactical capability of its air force.

dawn.com/2011/05/19/fifty-thunder-jets-for-pakistan.html

Thinking about this realistically, I think this just means that the agreement for JF-17NG/Block2/Block20, has been resolved. This is great news for us, and likely means that JFT production would continue in Pakistan, with NG hardware.

We've known that China's been conducting alot of tests with JFT prototypes in Chengdu, they have hundreds and hundreds of J-7(what we call F-7) fighters and all of them won't be replaced by J-10s, China will Inshallah highly likely start manufacturing JFTs... but *not* until the engine issue gets sorted out.

Unless this is a new development, China hadn't deployed an assembly line for churning out JFTs yet, and it's unlikely that Pakistan would prefer having China provide us these jets - we'd rather prefer to have our own manufacturing capacity expand.

We've all had our hearts broken by what's happening to our country, foreigners violating our sovereignty and taking advantage of us, and then having the shamelessness to blame and humiliate us publically. And our government, which was in part arranged for by these foreigners(Us helped arrange the NRO), did nothing to stand up for Pakistan. So what I think is, emotionally, the idea that China is going to suddenly double our JFT fleet incase the US or someone else tries another misadventure sounds appealing. But it isn't the best way to go, the plan was to increase our own development capabilities and aim towards being able to manufacture this jet completely on our own soon. Even our avionics industry's getting a huge boom from this with multiple avionics projects, we wouldn't want to suddenly abandon all that and outright buy jets from China.

The JFT will be manufactured locally or in china?

The reality is that PAF has been shown that their pants were down when USA killed OBL. The pride of our airforce was useless. Remember India is a close ally and friend of the USA. That makes you think about our real capabilities.

I can not believe they have already 50 JF17 with better avionics ready for delivery. If true then we all are curious what is in them.

Congratulations to Pakistan..!! Afterall they needs weapons very badly for better Pakistan...

But I am just wondering how within weeks 50 J-17 can be delivered? Is Chinese airforce is going to donate it from its own inventory?

Would appreciate some expert's comment

Why all of a sudden we need these JFTs that the media has made a Hallah Gullah about? I don't really get it, are we going out on War with some country or what? The timing and the state of Pakistan's affairs can make anyone suspicious about this development.

The May 2011 issue of Air Force Monthly, stated that the PAF was on track to induct and complete production/assembly of 50 Block I JF-17s by the end of 2011. These initial 50 aircraft comprised of 8 SBP (Small Batch Production) planes acquired directly from China, and 42 produced/assembled in Kamra.

It also mentioned that the PAF was negotiating with China for a follow-on aircraft order of 50, presumably Block II versions. As such, this news is nothing new, but the rate of induction is suspect.

I find it hard to believe that China could produce 50 JF-17s in a few weeks, test fly them and certify them for delivery. I know China ordered 100 RD-93 engines from Russia, so the powerplant should not be the bottleneck.

I wonder if the Pakistani reporters simply made a mistake on the delivery schedule, as they could have misinterpreted the time line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom