What's new

China threatens Canada with 'grave consequences' if Huawei CFO not freed

It seems China and USA are in a contest to see who can create more enemies....Long may it continue.

Its likely you have no real fealty to Canadian legal system and govt...and thus it will likely be big waste of time entering any kind of discussion...but let me tell you my basic position anyway:

Canada has every right to have extradition treaty with any country it wants to. Same goes for any other country (incl China). If China arrests Canadian citizen in China because of its extradition treaty with a 3rd party...I would say same thing.

There is no "line of thinking" here. All that has happened is exactly what is stipulated by Canadian law. If you have a problem with that, you can make your case to the Canadian people so they elect people to change that (yes extradition treaties can be ended). There is a process here, and there should be no exceptions based on "feelings".

If you are a naturalized Canadian citizen, you should look up that oath you took again. Read and understand every single word....it matters.

That is for court of law to find and argue (on top of any existing evidence prosecution has to offer). But that only comes later, not right now.

If you would like China to follow a "evidence first, arrest after" policy (instead of probable cause) when it comes to law enforcement....be my guest....it can be the first country in world to do so. It can also choose to violate any extradition treaty it has signed with another country if it pleases as well. Regardless, you should make your case for China to do this all first (for its own country) before requesting it of another.
Canada has bitten off more than it can chew lets see what happens having bad relation with both US and China will not do the economy any good

Canada has bitten off more than it can chew lets see what happens having bad relation with both US and China will not do the economy any good
Canada do not and will not for the foreseeable future have a bad relation with the US. Canadian economy is pretty much integrated with the US economy.

The beauty about independent country is, law is same for everyone, no matter how much blabber the other countries are. China will bend over eventually.
Right now Trump is bending over and licking his own sputum off the ground after starting the trade wars so what does make you feel so sure about puny Canada?

Chickens have come home to roost for the Chinese.
Only Pakistan will provide some support.
Rest will be on Canada's side or do not give a damn.
h, no surprise. Now the focus is on whether Americans can provide evidence.

There is still no concern about Rohingya.

Canada do not and will not for the foreseeable future have a bad relation with the US.
You do realize NAFTA,s rearrangement will make it harder for Canada right? :D
Canadian economy is pretty much integrated with the US economy.
That is exactly the problem Trump wishes to redefine everything in the America first worldview it will have a negative impact on its neighbours
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/inv...er-deals-in-us-slow-amid-trade-tensions-high/

In our country, no other country will tell us that another country citizens are criminals.

That's demonstrably false, given China has signed extradition treaties and has extradition law (which basically means that yes, China will have to arrest and extradite a person requested by another country for prosecution...esp if extradition treaty exists):

http://www.oecd.org/site/adboecdanti-corruptioninitiative/39776447.pdf

Did you complain same way you are doing now when this happened?:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...xtradition-from-u-s-under-trump-idUSKBN18S4L6

Is Belgium to be maligned same was as Canada now? (I seem to have missed it):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a7325c-cc97-11e8-920f-dd52e1ae4570_story.html

Want more examples? Its unfortunate so few of you know what extradition is and what its legal process involves. You argue the merits of the case where the criminal charges are actually laid....not where the extradition source is.

Canada has bitten nothing off. It follows its law, no exceptions.

If you are in business of arguing when law should be followed and when it shouldn't....you can make the case for your own country first and only. Not others.

It is very bad precedent to not follow the law when you have written it. Period.

There is a process to repeal said law if its determined to need removing. That is a whole different topic.

h, no surprise. Now the focus is on whether Americans can provide evidence.

There is still no concern about Rohingya.

Like I say no-one gives a damn.

Try to make friends instead of enemies all the time, that may help China.

Canada has bitten nothing off. It follows its law, no exceptions.
Not disagreeing here but wrongly timed actions have consequences whether they are right by law or not

It being right or wrong is a separate debate but for Canada 2019 will be really bad as both China and USA are interested in putting the squeeze on em

Chickens have come home to roost for the Chinese.
Only Pakistan will provide some support.
Rest will be on Canada's side or do not give a damn.
Either Pakistan support China or not it's our issue , we don't need advice or suggestions from a country who's been a satellite state for India since it's independence .

Either Pakistan support China or not it's our issue , we don't need advice or suggestions from a country who's been a satellite state for India since it's independence .

Yeah right.......

Google what BD did to Indian BSF in 2001.

Now back to topic which is China's whining.

Yeah right.......

Google what BD did to Indian BSF in 2001.

Now back to topic which is China's whining.
I don't have to .. cause the same Google will also tell me what India did to BD and still doing .

It seems China and USA are in a contest to see who can create more enemies....Long may it continue.
What if Bangladesh become the enemy of both China and USA.How much time it can survive?

Back
Top Bottom