What's new

China to get S-400 from russia in 2017

Satellites follow fixed orbits and are easily tracked via ground stations. You can actually find the precise location of all satellites in real time from public sources.

China has Beidou GPS system, we don't use the US one, because our is more advanced by one generation. We already have Asian covered under Beidou, and within a few years the rest of the world. It's already being made commercial available to Chinese private sector.
How?

If you -- the public -- value your privacy, do not use Beidou.

Satellites follow fixed orbits and are easily tracked via ground stations. You can actually find the precise location of all satellites in real time from public sources.

China has Beidou GPS system, we don't use the US one, because our is more advanced by one generation. We already have Asian covered under Beidou, and within a few years the rest of the world. It's already being made commercial available to Chinese private sector.

So does China also plan on tracking the thousands of pieces of space debris that orbit the earth and than shooting that down? And if China does succeed in shooting down a few satellites what do you think will happen to its launch sites?

Still, we have performed the ICBM interception just 2 years ago, while Russia hasn't done anything comparable to this feat.

It would be foolish to believe that we need to copy the S-400.

Russia is working on an MIRV that can engage 10 targets simultaneously .

It's all about money. I think for China and Russia, it is a better way to spend the budget on warheads instead of MIRVs.
Let the otherside worried about how to intercept them.

Our EKV/MKV is designed to shoot down the ICBM during the first half of the midcourse phase, when its MIRVs and decoys haven't been splitted off.

So all the radioactive nuclear debris will fall back on the enemy's soil.

Beidou civilian signal is accurate within 10 meters. China’s Beidou Global Navigation System

GPS civilian signal is only accurate within 20 meters. Global Positioning System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The American GPS signal's higher INaccuracy for civilian is by design. The reality is that while the Beidou system has some advantages, those advantages belongs in the logistical, not the technical, realm, and even if the Beidou system is superior by 10 meters, in practical applications by civilians, if you cannot find your target within that 10 meters difference, may be you have no business using satellite assisted navigation. Where the Beidou has disadvantages, those are truly technically inferior to the American GPS.

To the public, if you value your privacy, DO NOT use Beidou.

The American GPS signal's higher INaccuracy for civilian is by design. The reality is that while the Beidou system has some advantages, those advantages belongs in the logistical, not the technical, realm, and even if the Beidou system is superior by 10 meters, in practical applications by civilians, if you cannot find your target within that 10 meters difference, may be you have no business using satellite assisted navigation. Where the Beidou has disadvantages, those are truly technically inferior to the American GPS.

that's fine. i'm sure GLONASS is also not as good as GPS, because of US's 20 year head start on this, but only 3 countries in the world have an independent global positioning system right now.

So does China also plan on tracking the thousands of pieces of space debris that orbit the earth and than shooting that down? And if China does succeed in shooting down a few satellites what do you think will happen to its launch sites?
Launch sites? ASAT is DF-21 based and road mobile. Of course, if we shoot any satellites, they would belong to our adversary USA, not our friend Russia, so chill.

Launch sites? ASAT is DF-21 based and road mobile. Of course, if we shoot any satellites, they would belong to our adversary USA, not our friend Russia, so chill.
What do you think will happen if you start shooting at American sattelites, did you even think about the implication of such actions.

that's fine. i'm sure GLONASS is also not as good as GPS, because of US's 20 year head start on this, but only 3 countries in the world have an independent global positioning system right now.

I think either you are getting very less information about the world or your govt. telling you less about real things.

1) Two Global GPS system
A) USA(GPS)
B) Russia (GLONASS) (Joined by India for military grade)

2) Regional GPS
A) China - Beidou 1
B) France- DORIS
C) India - IRNSS- to be completed by 2013-2014
D) Japan- Quasi-Zenith Satellite System

3) Global GPS undress Progress:
A) China - COMPASS (to be completed by 2020)
B) Europe - Galileo

A) Glonass : Originally, GLONASS was designed to have an accuracy of 65 m, but in reality it had an accuracy of 20 m in the civilian signal and 10 m in the military signal.

As of 29 December 2011, the GLONASS constellation status is
Total Satellites in Constellation 31 SC
Operational 24 SC (Glonass-M)
In Commissioning 1 SC (Glonass-M)
In Flight-test 1 SC (Glonass-K)
In Maintenance 2 SC (Glonass-M)
Spare 3 SC (Glonass-M)

According to Russian System of Differentional Correction and Monitoring's data, as of 2010, precisions of GLONASS navigation definitions (for p=0.95) for latitude and longitude were 4.46—7.38 m with mean number of NSV equals 7—8 (depending on station). In comparison, the same time precisions of GPS navigation definitions were 2.00—8.76 m with mean number of NSV equals 6—11 (depending on station). Civilian GLONASS used alone is therefore very slightly less accurate than GPS. On high latitudes (north or south), GLONASS' accuracy is better than that of GPS due to the orbital position of the satellites.

In order to increase the navigation definition of GLONASS to an accuracy of 2.8 m by 2011. In particular, the latest satellite design, GLONASS-K has the ability to double the system's accuracy once introduced.

Glonass K is 3rd gen Sat ,In which India also is share holder by launching and providing money.

ALL GPS(current or planned) have a degraded civilian signal (except i think, the European one). however in practical application 10 meters difference can mean a lot, if you drive on a road that has other roads next to it(ie: when getting out of NYC), a inaccuracy of 20 meters means your position can jump to the road next to you leading to a "recalculation" by the gps system and possibly missing your exit in the mean time. its all about convenience.

now explain those disadvantages that are "truly technically inferior to the American GPS"

also care to explain to me what about my daily movements in my car that the chinese government would find so interesting

ALL GPS(current or planned) have a degraded civilian signal (except i think, the European one). however in practical application 10 meters difference can mean a lot, if you drive on a road that has other roads next to it(ie: when getting out of NYC), a inaccuracy of 20 meters means your position can jump to the road next to you leading to a "recalculation" by the gps system and possibly missing your exit in the mean time. its all about convenience.
The car is not driving, YOU are. You are talking as if no one else here uses satellite assisted location/driving except for you. What a feeble attempt at defending the Beidou system.

now explain those disadvantages that are "truly technically inferior to the American GPS"

also care to explain to me what about my daily movements in my car that the chinese government would find so interesting
Easy...

The Beidou system is only 1/2 as satellite assisted navigation as the American GPS. See if you can figure out what that mean...

Since GPS receivers are strictly signal receiver, how would using them reveal your privacy?
The American GPS receivers are indeed only receivers. But the flaw in your thinking here is that the American way is the ONLY way. We never said it is.

Back
Top Bottom