What's new

China to supply FC-1/JF-17 fighters to Azerbaijan

will J 10 also get the same engine

1. JF17 will carry engines of 80~100kN class
2. FC20 will carry engines of 125~150kN class

there is a huge difference between these engine classes and they are absolutely non-interchangeable.

Regards,
Sapper

Hi, do you mean f-20 the j-10 variant that PAF is going to get or do you mean the present j-10 switching over to russian rd-93 engines.

=========================================
If you don't know,please stop comment,just read.

J-10 can't use rd-93:D

Question to my Pakistani brothers.

If the Avionics of JF-17 are Chinese,Missiles are Chinese or Americans,Engines are Russians then what Part is PAC manufacturing??????

If the Avionics of JF-17 are Chinese,Missiles are Chinese or Americans,Engines are Russians then what Part is PAC manufacturing??????

the REST.

now was that too difficult to comprehend ?

PS: Ejection seat is Martin Baker's.

Regards,
Sapper

the airframe!!!! which carries all these parts that you mentioned!

But then These are the most complex parts.And if we import them then what is left behind.Guys don't get angry but it's like we merely assemble them

But then These are the most complex parts.And if we import them then what is left behind.Guys don't get angry but it's like we merely assemble them

Pak-yes, i really like you buddy. you are so innocent:partay:

don't worry every thing is going in the right direction and every thing is gonna be fine IA.

regards.

Dear,

Pakistan is a third world country with very low GDP, very limited industrial know-how and extremely limited R&D exposure, but still it has managed to come up and start "building" and assembling an early 4th Gen fighter.

Sweden is a first world country with lots of high-end industry, R&D and most of all very decent GDP. They are manufacturing Grippen-NG, an excellent fighter, even so much so that they are contending for Indian MRCA against much mature platforms like Rafale, F18SH and Mig35. But still, they are using
F414 engine from GE
Martin Baker Ejection Seats
Comm. system from Thales (Norway)
Environment Control Sysytem from Honeywell (USA)
Flight Management Computers, Data transfer units, Video processing capability, Head-Down and Head-Up displays from Rockwell Collins
Landing Gear from BBA Aviation,
Lots of other imported avionics goodies, and
Radar developed in collaboration with Selex-Galileo (Italy) etc.

Can you say that Sweden lacks the development infrastructure to do everything itself? On the contrary they can follow vertical integration to do everything themselves and end up with a fighter with a unreliable/inferior engine, radar and avionics etc. Instead they opted to horizontally integrate some key components and have the Best blend of features for their beautiful baby.

Pakistan is merely doing the same.

Regards,
Sapper

Hi,

I will refer you to the post by our chinese colleague zz5168 ' A sincere advice to our pakistan friends in this section.

Just being involved and being a part of understanding the core technology of this fighter JF 17, pak engineering science has ventured into areas that were restricted to it in the past. It has created a new understanding and appreciation of the task of building a plane right from scratch.

Putting together an air frame, ie bolting it down is not an easy task---it may seem to be---but when you are assembling a war bird---each time, everyone of them has to meet the criteria of the 300% RULE---and that is---it is 100% perfect 100% of the time in 100 % of the machines produced---and that is not an easy task.

There are so many other perojects that the AF engrs are a part of---this knowledge will bear fruit in the next 10 to 20 years time.

Today, even if someone lays down the blue prints of a jet engine on our door steps and gives us the metal to manufacture it from scratch---we will fail in the endeavour miserably---the reason being---that there is a STAIR STEP TO SUCCESS---it takes time, resource, money, research and highly qualified PHD's---but that is not all---it takes one who understands the concept---it takes ingenuity.

Design engineering, manufacturing and limited Research & Development.
I hope you know design engineer receive his design parameters and build an efficient and cost effective design in given time frame. afterwards his design is being translated into a product through the process of manufacturing. which in case of JF-17 was also developed locally.

e.g. civil engineer build a house with materials from various materials belong to various technical areas, on a given design.

I am an Indian and if you dont mind I will answer your question. Just look at LCA where it is today and your JF 17 where it is. LCA is still in LSP stages and is being tested while JF 17 has entered Mass production. This must show you who is the intelligent bunch right now.

P.S. we have strayed far off topic I guess. Wasnt this Discussion about FC-1 being provided to Azerbaijan?

yes i think china will sell these jets to azerbhaijan but not know after few years when pakistan get its all jf 17 thunder.

I am an Indian and if you dont mind I will answer your question. Just look at LCA where it is today and your JF 17 where it is. LCA is still in LSP stages and is being tested while JF 17 has entered Mass production. This must show you who is the intelligent bunch right now.

P.S. we have strayed far off topic I guess. Wasnt this Discussion about FC-1 being provided to Azerbaijan?

Also, one should do not belittle the construction of the air frame. A little know fact ... The most complext part of the plane to manufacture is its tail.

agreed with you sir and JF 17 taill is fine for your info and it is working. but not too sure about LCA what is its info of production.

agreed with you sir and JF 17 taill is fine for your info and it is working. but not too sure about LCA what is its info of production.

Sir,
As I told you we are way off topic but am still replying to your post. The Manufacture of the tail is done by a large amount of precision steel cutting and folding machines to get the shape. In the case of LCA a new furnace and testing grid had to be established to bring down the cost of the vertical tailfin. That is why the tail which is the vertical stabilizer is one of the most complex part of manufacturing when it comes to aircraft production. An I already told you that the LCA is still to clear IOC and the status of the LSP 3 is unknown as more than half the workforce of the test pilots are in MMRCA trials.

Back
Top Bottom