What's new

China will deploy a national missile defense system in 2020

Ahhhh......... where did the USA come from & who care's, what the USA is upto? We are discussing Chinese missile defence shield.

Lol, do defenses work in a vacum? Lol, "our defense is great, if we pretend there are no other countries"

Hey please tell me what is this!?

I have heard someone say that an arm factory in Vietnam exploded because of some reasons??? :undecided:

Mods please don't embarrass me! Unlike others, I am discussing with my positive attitude man! ~_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems, very strange to me....when the US was developing these systems, all the members claimed they couldn't work...now that China is developing in them...the members have an about-face! (seems that the Chinese government figured they WERE effective!)

Who said the US NMD didn't work? We all saw those THAAD tests and they were successful.

That's why I said China is the second country to successfully test a mid course interception. The US was the first.

Ahhhh......... where did the USA come from & who care's, what the USA is upto? We are discussing Chinese missile defence shield.

But but but it be no fun if theres no opponent to talk about the shield against.

Go ask Russian if they have a similar one!!!

This decade country such as China or Russia is just focusing on strategic weapons.

Russia have similar one since 1971

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-135_anti-ballistic_missile_system

Only two countries in the world have operational ABM systems - US and Russia.

And yes, absolutely useless midcourse interception tests have nothing to do with real ABM.

Who said the US NMD didn't work? We all saw those THAAD tests and they were successful.

That's why I said China is the second country to successfully test a mid course interception. The US was the first.

THAAD is a terminal phase system and its operational. NMD is the mid-course system that is deployed but has many, many problems.

And yes, absolutely useless midcourse interception tests have nothing to do with real ABM.

The Russian ones that guard Moscow is pretty much nuclear missiles that detonate in the mid air against the incoming missiles. Its not a very good system as compare to THAAD or NMd.

Does China have any Hypersonic Glide Vehicle penetrators like the new one we have for warhead penetration?

Sorry to the non Japanese speakers, I couldn't find a more accurate version in english speaking oriented sources.

The Russian ones that guard Moscow is pretty much nuclear missiles that detonate in the mid air against the incoming missiles. Its not a very good system as compare to THAAD or NMd.

Russian ABM missiles exist in both nuclear and conventional variants. There is no such thing as NMD. Its just a paper system. How can something that doesnt exist be better system than real thing?

THAAD is a terminal phase system and its operational. NMD is the mid-course system that is deployed but has many, many problems.

NMD is not the only midcourse interception system developed by the US. The AEGIS system is also designed to intercept ballistic missiles and satellites in its midcourse stage.

Not true. China has the KT series: KT-1, KT-409, KT-2, KT-3, etc, missiles that are designed to shoot down ballistic missiles and satellites.

Midcourse interception tests are in fact anti ballistic missile tests; the Chinese one in 2010 destroyed a ballistic missile in its midcourse stage.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Its not a very good system as compare to THAAD or NMd.

Or the Chinese KT series.

Does China have any Hypersonic Glide Vehicle penetrators like the new one we have for warhead penetration?

Sorry to the non Japanese speakers, I couldn't find a more accurate version in english speaking oriented sources.

China has tested one (I believe it's called the Sheng Long) and is developing more.

Russian ABM shield ready to cover Eastern Europe: Voice of Russia

3RIA-150963-Preview.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom