What's new

Chinas answer to Americans withdrawing aid to Pakistan

\

What has China actually pledged for Pakistan?

One should be categorical and not merely give bland meaningless platitudes.

As it stands, it is all hot air.

Like the usual stuff one see and hears when a foreign delegation comes - 'long historical and cultural ties' yakety yak!

China has been constructing for common goals i.e. that will be for Pakistan, and it will also be of immense value to China.

Now, if the US gives aid, will they stop that?

In other words, unless they fill the financial loss of the US not giving aid, it means, as the American say, Squat. Because, US aid or not, they will continue their projects since it assists China itself.

Note the Chinese statement
"China has always provided assistance to Pakistan, helping it improve people's livelihood and realise the sustainable development of its economy and society. China will continue to do so in the future."

Not a word about money! All it means that they will continue with their projects.

China has done anything or not, how can an Indian pass a judgement statement on that. This right reserves with us. Thank you very much.
Not a word about money....really? Is money the only way to support your partner. China's assistance to Pakistan is a long list which neither the US can compete nor can Indians understand.

300 million $ was for the trainers, and now when they are gone, only 500 $ million is left, and quite frankly, i think pakistan can survive very well, as kayani said that alot of military aid is going to govt. and army should get less aid and more should be directed towards civilian dept. And today at the corp commander meeting, a notification was issued that from now on, unnecessary personnel will not go on joy rides aboard helis, and it categorically stated NCO and JCO. I can tell from personal expeerience that they didnt even before went on joyrides before!!!

China has done anything or not, how can an Indian pass a judgement statement on that. This right reserves with us. Thank you very much.
Not a word about money....really? Is money the only way to support your partner. China's assistance to Pakistan is a long list which neither the US can compete nor can Indians understand.

Can't agree with what you are saying..China-Pak relations is bilateral and both know what is good for them....however it is a forum and people are here for sharing views, no???

300 million $ was for the trainers, and now when they are gone, only 500 $ million is left, and quite frankly, i think pakistan can survive very well, as kayani said that alot of military aid is going to govt. and army should get less aid and more should be directed towards civilian dept. And today at the corp commander meeting, a notification was issued that from now on, unnecessary personnel will not go on joy rides aboard helis, and it categorically stated NCO and JCO. I can tell from personal expeerience that they didnt even before went on joyrides before!!!

See this is a mistake that many members make...800 million is not a huge amount for $180 billion economy as such....But we should not see these things in absolute terms....Pakistan is cash starved at this moment and needs a bail out...In short this is not the right time to leave US...If US leaves she will take lot of other stuff as well...

Verbal support is cheap, we should replace all our misplaced aid with this verbal support.

Even that will be a nice move..Until now Pakistan has been getting @Verbal abuse@ from US politicians for all the sacrifices this country made for world peace.

See this is a mistake that many members make...800 million is not a huge amount for $180 billion economy as such....But we should not see these things in absolute terms....Pakistan is cash starved at this moment and needs a bail out...In short this is not the right time to leave US...If US leaves she will take lot of other stuff as well...

we can put taxes on NATO if the case be., We have survived embargoes before by the US, we can survive again if Mr 10 % and his stooges leave the govt. .

Can't agree with what you are saying..China-Pak relations is bilateral and both know what is good for them....however it is a forum and people are here for sharing views, no???

Sharing views is one thing, passing judgement is an altogether different. My post address the later.

Good news for Pakistan but when I read the title I thought China would give them $800million with no strings attached? But this is more of a sympathy than help I think.

And even if Chinese would help you, they won't just give you money like US they'll give you their 'LOW INTEREST' loans so they can own Pakistan like they did to America.

i don't understand why this pakistani mentality.....if no US then go to China, lets say after 15-20 yrs if no China then go to probably US again or Russia(highly unlikely). i mean its like pakistan is the pingpong ball and china and US or other powers are the players.....i would have wanted pakistan to be like Iran or Switzerland or France with a highly independent foreign policy and economy.

OBAMA IS SMARTA$$, THEY CALL IT AID, THE FACT IS THAT ITS NOT AID, ITS THE MONEY THAT PAKISTAN AMY SPENDS AND GIVES BILLS TO USA.

AND ARMY SAID THEY DONT NEED ANY AID, ALL THE OTHER OPERATIONS THAT WE DID BEFORE WERE CONDUCTED ON OUR OWN.

How PRC is a friend indians would never understand, rather than give aid, China asks the Pakistani people through their elected representatives what projects would benefit us, that is why in Lahore they are building our metro. That is why they are building new dams etc.

The brotherhood between Pakistan and China is one that indians would never understand. :pakistan::china:

How PRC is a friend indians would never understand, rather than give aid, China asks the Pakistani people through their elected representatives what projects would benefit us, that is why in Lahore they are building our metro. That is why they are building new dams etc.

The brotherhood between Pakistan and China is one that indians would never understand. :pakistan::china:

thats a game of carrot and stick..this is wat u ppl wont understand....
even chinese here says that pipeline through pakistan and gwadar etc are key chinese targets..
so its about interst not friendship..

its not friendship keeping interst alive
its interst which are keeping friendship alive

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom