What's new

China's economy slowing? Not much.

China's Biggest Steelmaker Shuts Mills | News | Industrial Distribution

China's Biggest Steelmaker Shuts Mills
Fri, 09/28/2012 - 9:39am Joe McDonald, AP Business Writer

BEIJING (AP) — China's biggest steelmaker said Thursday it has shut down a mill in Shanghai in a new sign of weakening growth in the world's second-largest economy.

Baosteel said it was closing its mill in Shanghai's Luojing district to avoid mounting losses at the facility amid weak demand for steel plate that is used in shipbuilding and construction.

China owes more than $2 trillion to foreign investors.

Most of China's foreign reserve is built with FDIs, not trade surpluses.

This is another area where China and Japan/Korea differs, because Japan/Korea economies were built with local capitals and most of industry is controlled by local capitals, whereas Chinese economy was built on the strength for FDI.

Damn, in 2011 China's FDI was around $100 billions, and export was $1.904 trillion with a $7.29 trillion economy. If this $100 billion FDI is responsible for most of those, then my question is where can I invest my money as FDI in China.

Damn, in 2011 China's FDI was around $100 billions, and export was $1.904 trillion with a $7.29 trillion economy. If this $100 billion FDI is responsible for most of those, then my question is where can I invest my money as FDI in China.

Well, multiply $100 billion x 20 years and you do get $2 trillion.

Yea, most of China's foreign currency reserve belongs to foreign investors, not to the Chinese government and people.

Well, multiply $100 billion x 20 years and you do get $2 trillion.

Yea, most of China's foreign currency reserve belongs to foreign investors, not to the Chinese government and people.

Since when does China get FDI of $100 billion every year?

amount_FDI_used.jpg

Anyways there is no point of debating with you on this as you can not even grasp the basics of developmental economics. So you can keep bash China as much as you want if that makes you any happier, but just at least get the data right, so that it won't make you look like a fool while you doing that.

Back
Top Bottom