What's new

China’s Mars rover feat took NASA decades

LOL! The Chinese space program has already spotted the Apollo craft on the moon from the pictures their satellite took of it during a mapping process back in 2012.

Xinhua

"The scientists also spotted traces of the previous Apollo mission in the images, said Yan Jun, chief application scientist for China's lunar exploration project."
Spotted a craft but whether humans came out from those crafts, nobody knows, hey don't argue with me man, they are lots Americans who doubt US actually went to the moon and suspiciously US lost the blueprints and now the ability to land.

China also did it without crashing

It is well known NASA outsources all the good programming with Asian/Chinese

Now Chinese engineers are making stuff for China

Yes, you are followers. You live in the shadow of NASA. Landing on Mars is routine for NASA.

NASA has been to every planet in the Solar System while China just reached its 1st.
Cough cough Soviets, cough cough RD180 cough cough soyuz ISS.... Lololol

Spotted a craft but whether humans came out from those crafts, nobody knows, hey don't argue with me man, they are lots Americans who doubt US actually went to the moon and suspiciously US lost the blueprints and now the ability to land.

The "US losing the blueprints" argument is ridiculous. They are all on microfilm.

There is also the talk that the US can't make the massive F1 engines anymore. That's also a myth. The US simplified the F1 design from 5,600 parts to just 40 with modern CAD/CAM to make the F-1B. A far more powerful engine.
Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 6.23.00 PM.jpg

So yes the US can't make the old F1 engines anymore because we simply wouldn't do it that way anymore.

Last edited:
The "US losing the blueprints" argument is ridiculous. They are all on microfilm.

There is also the talk that the US can't make the massive F1 engines anymore. That's also a myth. The US simplified the F1 design from 5,600 parts to just 40 with modern CAD/CAM to make the F-1B. A far more powerful engine.
View attachment 745647

So yes the US can't make the old F1 engines anymore because we simply wouldn't do it that way anymore.
I am still waiting for the US to get back to the moon...... Claim this and that but US still can't get back to the moon. Lolol

Lol.. cheap talk by american. You expect him to say his rocket suxks?

If this rocket is so wonderful, why didn't it used for Mars mission? Care to share your expertise?

It isn't cheap talk the RS-25 outperforms every other engine in all parameters except cost.
It is a complex engine with the added complexity of using liquid hydrogen as fuel. But the specific impulse of HydroLOX is 30% to 40% higher than other fuels justifying the cost and complexity for some missions.

RS-25 statistics

flights
hrs/seconds in use: 1.1 million seconds
thrust per engine: 512,000 pounds in vacuum
thrust to weight ratio: 73:1
Fuel: Liquid Hydrogen Oxidizer LOX

Fuel Performance: HydroLOX > MethaLOX > KeroLOX
Engine Cost / Complexity HydroLOX > MethaLOX > KeroLOX

In terms of knowhow, the US is the leader in closed stage HydroLOX and MethaLOX engines.
Russia leads in closed cycle KeroLOX engines but the Chinese have caught up with the Russians.
However, the Saturn V Rocketdyne F1 is still the most powerful single nozzle KeroLOX engine ever built. The RD-170 generates slightly more thrust but technically it is 4 engines not one since it has four combustion chambers and nozzles. I believe the SpaceX Merlin is the only American operational KeroLOX engine, it is a small cheap reusable and an open stage design.

To answer your question ULA Atlas V propelled by RD180 was picked as the lowest bidder by LSP NASA for the Mars mission. ULA is one of the many launch service provide for NASA. The cost of one RD180 engine is 11m$ it is by far the cheapest rocket engine in the world and thus unsurprisingly ULA was able to beat every other competitor in the Mars launch bid.

I know I'm wasting my time explaining this to you but hopefully others will find my post informative.

View attachment 745647

As far as I know SLS rocket is needed for landing man on moon and sample return from Mars. So far SLS has been abysmal failure.

The topic is correct. This one giant step change China from lacking 60years to 10 years. However China is slower than US. This technology has a key technology in computer, therefore Semiconductor. It's US Moore's law that is cruelly fast for any US competitor. Now that TSMC is going to open 3nm plant in US,and with TSMC founder a US citizen, China is much slower than US.

The topic is correct. This one giant step change China from lacking 60years to 10 years. However China is slower than US. This technology has a key technology in computer, therefore Semiconductor. It's US Moore's law that is cruelly fast for any US competitor. Now that TSMC is going to open 3nm plant in US,and with TSMC founder a US citizen, China is much slower than US.

There is no 3nm chip. Nothing but propaganda.

What lies?

Explorer 1 was the United States' first satellite in space. The 1958 launch of the satellite

1976-1958=18 years

the first space satellite of the People's Republic of China (PRC), launched successfully on 24 April 1970

2021-1970=51 years

I didn't say you were 51 years behind. I said you guys were very slow in your Space program compared to the US.

Sorry if the idea of sending a rover was not the first thing on our minds back in 1976.

Sojourner rover was 1997-1958=39 years
Even our Spirit/Opportunity rovers were 2004-1958=46 years. Still ahead of you.

Excuse me ... China has catch up (or at least narrowing gap) with US the pioneer of the space technology, you call it "slow" ? :laugh:

It is US that move so slow that can be catched up by China.

US was the first starting space exploration far earlier than China, and US has much more resources than the poor China even than Europe and Russia, and now China has surpass Europe and Russia and catch up with US, how come you said China is a slow mover; you are the slow mover. :lol:

No, it is Taiwan that is ahead in moore's law.

US with 10nm currently going to 7nm in 2022 is on par with China which already start 7nm this year and mass pro 7nm next year.

China is not CCP. CCP is not China. China is ancient civilization dating back 2000 BC when Russia was nothing but village.

China had world class space program during Singh era. In Modi era after India joined quad the condition was India had to give up space program because Americans don't like others having space program. That's why India don't have moon rover and Mars rover after India had moon orbiter and Mars orbiter.

Unfortunately it is hard to say where CCP ends and the Chinese Govt begins.

It is believed that CCP is funded from different provincial revenue budget.
The funding of all CCP organizations mainly comes from state fiscal revenue. Data for the proportion of total CCP organizations’ expenditures in total China fiscal revenue is unavailable. However, occasionally small local governments in China release such data. For example, on 10 October 2016, the local government of Mengmao Township, Ruili City, Yunnan Province released a concise fiscal revenue and expenditure report for the year 2014. According to this report, the fiscal Revenue amounted to RMB 29,498,933.58, and CCP organization' expenditures amounted to RMB 1,660,115.50, that is, 5.63% of fiscal revenue is used by the CCP for its own operation. This value is similar to the social security and employment expenditure of the whole town—RMB 1,683,064.90.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Communist_Party#Funding

If you have other information about source of CCP funds please provide.

As far as mainland Chinese culture goes it is no longer 2000 years old as Mao completely destroyed it with a vengeance, it is more like 40 years old.
So whatever 2000 year old Culture you are referring to it only applies to Taiwan and Hong Kong

Excuse me ... China has catch up (or at least narrowing gap) with US the pioneer of the space technology, you call it "slow" ? :laugh:

It is US that move so slow that can be catched up by China.

US was the first starting space exploration far earlier than China,

LOL! How are we slow compared to China?
Far earlier? We only started launching satellites 12 years before China.

Since then:
We have sent probes to EVERY planet (some are still working like the Jupiter one).
A probe orbiting around the Sun.
A probe is on its way back from collecting samples from an asteroid.
Probes outside the solar system.
We have had 12 men walk on the moon, with some of them driving on it. They brought back 383 Kilograms of moon samples.
We sent a 75+ ton space station into orbit with a single launch.
We helped build a second Space Station.
We have had people continuously in orbit in the ISS since November of 2000...that's over 20 years.
We have had 5 spaceship designs (including an 8 person capacity space plane) send over 500 people into orbit.
We have reusable rockets.
We have the most powerful active rocket in the world.
We have two day/night nuclear powered rovers driving on Mars right now AND a helicopter.

Mars isn't the only place we have concentrated resources.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom