What's new

China's New Stealth Bomber: H-X / H-20

No. What I'm saying is that photos of these platforms usually appear a very long time after rollout or flight.

Doing a test flight of a B2-sized aircraft simply cannot escape prying camera lenses.

Even more since a test-flight of yet another H-6-variant is surely not as noticeable as a new stealth bomber. I'm sure when that type will have its maiden flight we will surely know it.

SM6n0VN.jpg

Can you please summarize it in English ... thanks. I can't read Chinese :cry:
It said after test flight many times, still afraid of 1 failure and won't disclose to the public until perfectly tested
So he posted this pictures to clarify its happening (test flights) even though he claimed PS picture (stay out of trouble for leaking)

It said after test flight many times, still afraid of 1 failure and won't disclose to the public until perfectly tested
So he posted this pictures to clarify its happening (test flights) even though he claimed PS picture (stay out of trouble for leaking)

Pardon, if I missed something but before some guys are again jumping on the bandwagon already. :-)

I know that these rumours are floating around since a few hours and even if some say that thing might indeed has done its maiden flight I don't think. A B-2-like flying wing taking off at Xi'an MUST have been noticed by some in the public.

Or am I wrong?

Deino

Pardon, if I missed something but before some guys are again jumping on the bandwagon already. :-)

I know that these rumours are floating around since a few hours and even if some say that thing might indeed has done its maiden flight I don't think. A B-2-like flying wing taking off at Xi'an MUST have been noticed by some in the public.

Or am I wrong?

Deino
NO NO, you ain't wrong. nobody knew for sure now, we shall found out soon, in the mean time, if you don't mind, will keep posting what i found interesting, OK?

NO NO, you ain't wrong. nobody knew for sure now, we shall found out soon, in the mean time, if you don't mind, will keep posting what i found interesting, OK?

Yes for sure ... please continue and do not STOP posting what You find interesting since even if I don't agree always, it's most interesting anyway and always helps to find out what's really going on!!! :-)

PS: Here's a very interesting pots by a senior member from the SDF:

by78 said:
Let me give this another crack... But first some disclaimers: the text to me are unclear in some parts because it's colloquial, and the fact it starts out with a rhetorical question doesn't help. Also it seemed to be missing some crucial punctuation marks and conjunctions, which added to my confusion. I will add what I believe to be missing or implied in parentheses.

So here it goes, begin translation:

Countless test flights have already been carried out, yet we are still waiting for the first (official/public) flight. What is there to be afraid of? Perhaps a fear of embarrassment if the first public flight fails? The first official flight will not be announced to the public until everything is completely ironed out and is guaranteed to succeed. (Meanwhile), if the plane is spotted by netizens, (the military) will deny its existence by saying the witness has misidentified the plane and didn't see what he/she claims to have seen, (or) profess ignorance by pretending to not have heard anything about the plane being spotted, (or) state that there is no official information at this time and has no comment. Attached is a fake photo (to give you a clue on what kind of plane I'm talking about); I know it's a fake photo, so no need for you guys to point that out in the comment section.

End translation.

To summarize:
1) The official first flight of the stealth bomber will not be announced to the public until the PLAAF is certain that it will go smoothly. To that end, numerous unofficial test flights have already taken place and more will be carried out.
2) Should the bomber be spotted prematurely, the military will deny, obfuscate, or clam up.
3) The author never once explicitly stated what kind of plane he was talking about. Instead, he gave an unmistakable clue by posting a photo of the B-2 stealth bomber.

End summary.

Please correct any mistakes you see in my translation and interpretation and point out anything I have missed. It wouldn't surprise me if I have made serious errors in translation, so any correction is highly welcome.

But again I cannot believe that a B-2-like flying wing taking off at Xi'an went by unnoticed in the public.

Yes for sure ... please continue and do not STOP posting what You find interesting since even if I don't agree always, it's most interesting anyway and always helps to find out what's really going on!!! :-)

PS: Here's a very interesting pots by a senior member from the SDF:

But again I cannot believe that a B-2-like flying wing taking off at Xi'an went by unnoticed in the public.
But if they really want to keep the test flights from the public views, they can opt to do the flights at the most unexpected timing, incl. at the time when the sky is still dark (dawn may be the best), under heavy raining, under cover of the flight by other aircraft and combination of those measures and so on. As long as they can manage the internal staffs to keep silent then it's feasible!

Last edited:
Why are we paying so much attention to someone's fantasy?
I cannot tell about others but for sure I have such deep fantasy, so deep that I have been carrying it with me for over twenty years at least... started reading about the world in 80s even encountered often the phrase "The Sickman from Asia; The Bamboo Curtain; The Sleeping Giant"... rolled over to the days seeing the many "staged noisy shows" incl. the giant birds conducted often the drills near the backyards... and now just imagine that China can return the favours at one fine day.... isn't it terrific? :cheesy: Then Fantasies become Realities! And it just takes less than one's own lifetime to witness all these changes (and honestly not something that I ever imagined back then... in the early 80s).
Words alone may be very tough to depict the deep-seated feeling... :p: :enjoy: :cheers: I simply look forward the days to return all kinds of favours to those kind parties.... at least for courtesy calls,,,, if you do stage "noisy shows" near to my compound then please allow me to stage the same ones near yours... on reciprocal basis!!! Fair enough? :chilli: :cheers:

Last edited:
It is the carrier-based AEW/transport aircraft of 603 Institute rather than the LRSB which deserves special attention right now. I suggest starting a new thread. :-)

Back
Top Bottom