What's new

Chinese Army team arrives in India for joint exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaheerkhan

Reaction score
New Delhi, Dec 04: Continuing its efforts to enhance defence cooperation with China, India will host a 147-member Chinese Army contingent in Belgaum beginning Saturday for a fortnight-long military exercise.

The Chinese team arrived in Belgaum this morning to participate in the second edition of the 'Hand-in-Hand' joint Army exercise, Army sources said.

The military exercise is in continuation of the ongoing Army-to-Army cooperation between the two neighbours as part of the annual defence dialogue, which commenced in 2006.

Soon after landing in Pune, the Chinese men and stores were transported to Belgaum in six Indian Air Force (IAF) aircraft, sources said.

A high-ranking PLA delegation as well as senior Indian Army officers are expected to visit the exercise venue as 'observers' to view the proceedings of the joint training exercise, they said.

During the exercise, Chinese troops from the 1st Company of Infantry Battalion of Chengdu Military Area Command and the Indian Army troops from 8 Maratha Light Infantry Battalion will undergo joint tactical manoeuvres and drills; interoperability training; and joint command post procedures, finally culminating in a joint counter-terrorist operational exercise with simulated enemy.

The exercise is planned at mixed company group-level with command and control elements from the respective battalions' headquarters.

Link:Chinese Army team arrives in Belgaum for joint exercise

Hand-in-Hand:cheers:

Last edited:
Pakistan: Now or Never? Blog Archive The riddle of India, China military exercises | Blogs |

The riddle of India, China military exercises

Post a commentPosted by: Sanjeev Miglani
Tags: Pakistan: Now or Never, China, India, Mumbai, Pakistan
India and China are holding joint troop exercises this weekend in southern India. As exercises between nations go nowadays these games named “Hand-in Hand 2008″ are fairly low level and limited in scope. Certainly not on the scale of the naval, air and ground exercises that India and the United States have embarked upon in recent years.

But this is a difficult time in South Asia following the attacks in Mumbai which New Delhi says were orchestrated from Pakistan and for which it is seeking decisive action. So, for China, - Pakistan’s all weather ally - to be sending a bunch of troops to India at this fraught moment is certainly worthy of note, if nothing else.

Obviously the exercises were long-planned and perhaps both sides didn’t want to send a negative signal by calling them off at this stage. Relations between India and China are themselves dogged by deep distrust long after they went to war in 1962 and every move forward or lack of it is closely watched by Indo-Sino watchers.

[Chinese and Indian soldiers at an exercise in 2007. Pic by Reuters/China Daily]

There is even an anti-terrorism element to the exercises. An Indian defence ministry statement said that troops taking part in Hand-in Hand 2008 will carry out tactical manoeuvres and drills interoperability training; and finally “culminating in a joint counter-terrorist operational exercise with simulated enemy.”

In India’s case elements in Pakistan can only be the simulated enemy, especially with the wounds from the Mumbai attacks still raw. The reverse holds true for large sections of Pakistan who have for long felt threatened by India, its bigger neighbour to the east.

But what of the Chinese? Who are they thinking of as the enemy when they go through the drills? Separatists in its Muslim-majority Xinjiang region or perhaps Tibetans who were the target of a clampdown following unrest this year?

A little Chinese riddle perhaps, these exercises at this time ?

why chinese go their for exercise i dont bellieve man

At Kunming airport, ready to go.

our PLA don't have those 1895 Lee-enfield rifles

but India army is just more advanced

Shchinese, you are hillarious man....:rofl::rofl:. For real, i can't stop laughing........ But on a serious note, there is no need to worry my countrymen because these must be part of routine training.

Chinese troops spring surprise, sing India’s national anthem

BELGAUM (Karnataka): Chinese troops attending a joint military exercise in Belgaum had a surprise for their Indian counterparts. Some 90 soldiers of the 1st Company of the infantry battalion of the Chengdu military area command gave an almost perfect rendition of Jana Gana Mana at the command office of 8 Maratha Light Infantry Battalion in Belgaum.

“We practised for a month,” a Chinese soldier said. Huang Xue Ping, a senior colonel (equivalent to brigadier in the Indian Army) of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army, who is leading the troops, said, “It is a tradition of our country that we express our gratitude and regard to the other country by singing their national anthem.”

After singing the national anthem, the Chinese troops dispersed and one by one entered the large auditorium to join their waiting Indian counterparts for an informal interaction over drinks. To go with the drinks were typical Indian snacks — mirch pakoras, chicken tikka, peanuts, and eggs. Here, the Chinese had yet another surprise for the Indians — they broke into a hit Bollywood song from the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Mohabbatein. The Indian soldiers joined them in singing ‘Aankhe khuli ho ya ho bandh’.

Not to be left behind, Indian army officer SK Tiwari then sang a Chinese song. The dinner that followed saw a full Indian spread, including puris, aloo gobi, raita, mutton and chicken curry, palak paneer and rice.

The troops from the neighbouring country enjoyed the food. “I am enjoying every bit of India, especially the chicken curry,” a captain said. “The food is great and spicy.”

Some 130 Chinese soldiers, including 40 officers, are taking part in the joint military exercises that began on Saturday. The exercises will last for eight days. Though this is the second military exercise involving the two armed forces, it is the first time it is being held on Indian soil.

Link:DNA - India - Chinese troops spring surprise, sing India’s national anthem - Daily News & Analysis

:cheers:

Do you know what this is? Its called Malkhamb - its an ancient form of gymnastics practiced in India, which is slowly dying out thanks to this attitude of sneering at everything that's desi.

Link: Welcome to prideofIndia.net

More Pics:

bajrang.gif

dhanur.gif

pakad.gif

padma.gif

To my fellow Indians - This is nothing to be ashamed of, infact it is something to be proud of. I can sniff out racism - and the smell is particularly strong here.

Well, coming back to the topic, the exercises are great news, but unfortunately, the foreign policy of communist nations doesn't work that way.

If China senses an opportunity, it will take advantage irrespective of how good the paneer was or how many Chinese soldiers are singing the Indian anthem.

are they in circus??

You know nothing about such art forms or exercises. Just trying to make fun of it without knowing anything about it, shows your narrow and shallow viewpoint.

I think Malkhamb is amazing. it is a show of physical balance and dexterity. seriously, i wish i could do it.

for the people sneering at it, what exactly are you sneering at?

I think Malkhamb is amazing. it is a show of physical balance and dexterity. seriously, i wish i could do it.

for the people sneering at it, what exactly are you sneering at?

Its racism pure and simple - they probably think that there's something inferior about wearing a loincloth and climbing a pole.

Let one of these geeks try doing it sometime - we'll see who laughs then.

^Okies, I'm not sure that breathing fire is part of the routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom