What's new

Chinese Red Cross donates 100,000 USD to Pakistan for earthquake victims

Your right, the world does not expect much from China.
What do you want us to do? How much should we contribute in order to be consider appropriate? Give a number.

What do you want us to do? How much should we contribute in order to be consider appropriate? Give a number.
I don't think anyone can quantify any number....it is the purgatory of any government to share whatever she deems fit..there cannot be any question or finger pointing..

however day in and day out we hear about all weather friendship b/w Pakistan and China...with that in context and considering we are talking about worlds second largest economy the amount seems not even a pea-nut, no?? I think this is what members here are trying to point...anyhow as said it is a matter b/w China and Pakistan and nobody's business!!

I don't think anyone can quantify any number....it is the purgatory of any government to share whatever she deems fit..there cannot be any question or finger pointing..

however day in and day out we hear about all weather friendship b/w Pakistan and China...with that in context and considering we are talking about worlds second largest economy the amount seems not even a pea-nut, no?? I think this is what members here are trying to point...anyhow as said it is a matter b/w China and Pakistan and nobody's business!!
Do you know flood is a common theme in Pakistan every SINGLE YEAR? How many of those years that we ignored the flood? Does providing human labor and lesson taught on how to control flood has any monetary value?

Every year, every flood, we never ignore. In fact, we will help Pakistan to build dams which will help irrigate farmland and control flooding. So the problem of flooding can be solved with more dam build and who will build them? We are! There is nobody who understand flooding than we do as it is part our struggle as well.

Do you know flood is a common theme in Pakistan every SINGLE YEAR? How many of those years that we ignored the flood? Does providing human labor and lesson taught on how to control flood has any monetary value?

Every year, every flood, we never ignore. In fact, we will help Pakistan to build dams which will help irrigate farmland and control flooding. So the problem of flooding can be solved with more dam build and who will build them? We are! There is nobody who understand flooding than we do as it is part our struggle as well.

See you have missed the theme of my message...As said it is nobody biz as to what you give or don't give...Now irrespective of what you do or don't do $1 million is pea-nuts for quake victims...

Secondly are you building dams in Pakistan free of cost?? I am not sure so please enlighten me on that...thnxs!!

See you have missed the theme of my message...As said it is nobody biz as to what you give or don't give...Now irrespective of what you do or don't do $1 million is pea-nuts for quake victims...

Secondly are you building dams in Pakistan free of cost?? I am not sure so please enlighten me on that...thnxs!!
$1 million is not from government contribution. Like I said, we contributed over $200 million in the 2010 flood. How come nobody talk about that?

YES, some of the dams are being fund by us, free of cost, while some are based on soft loan.

--------------

Chinese firm offers to fund three mega projects

RAWALPINDI, Sept 3: A Chinese company has offered to fund three mega projects -- Rs9 billion Chirah Dam, Rs50 billion Leh Expressway and Flood Channel and Rs10 billion city’s sewerage system --in the garrison city.

China Railway First Group has asked the Punjab government to give it water, environment and road infrastructure projects, which it wants to build in collaboration with its Pakistani partner, Scitech Corporation Pakistan.

Accepting the Chinese company offer, the Punjab government has invited its representatives in Lahore on September 5 for sorting out mode of investment: whether it should be in shape of loan or build, operate and transfer (BOT) basis.

However, before going to Lahore for the discussions, the Chinese company and its Pakistani partners wanted to get the briefing on the projects in the garrison city.

Upon this, the Punjab government asked RDA and Wasa officials to give the briefing to Chinese delegation on September 4 for the main projects.

RDA Director General Chaudhry Naseer Ahmed and Wasa Managing Director Akram Soban will brief the Chinese company about the projects.

Wasa Managing Director Akram Soban told Dawn that the RDA and Wasa had selected three projects for Chinese firms: Chirah Dam, Leh Expressway and Flood Channel and sewerage system.

“We are interested in getting soft loans for Chirah Dam and revival of Rawalpindi Environmental Improvement Project (REIP) while the Leh Expressway and Flood Channel will be on BOT basis,” he said.

Leh Expressway and Flood Channel was initiated in 2007 to provide signal free road from Rawalpindi to Islamabad and improve the Leh Nullah to avoid floods. The project was inaugurated by the then President General (retired) Pervez Musharraf and the original cost was estimated at Rs17 billion.

The PML-N Punjab, however, stopped work on the project after 2008 general elections and now the estimated cost of the project has escalated to Rs50 billion.

Chirah Dam is the joint venture of Federal and Provincial government to provide 15 million gallon water per day (MGD) to the residents of Rawalpindi and Islamabad.

The Executive Committee of National Economic Council (Ecnec) gave approval to the project on March 2009 but the work could not start for of want of funds.

The total cost of the project is Rs5.3 billion and after completion it would provide 15 MGD additional drinking water to twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad.

The proposed dam will be constructed on Soan River near Chirah village in the jurisdiction of Islamabad.

The Asian Development Bank funded Rawalpindi Environment Improvement Project (REIP) started in 2006 but it stopped in 2009 due to slow pace of work as the Project Management Unit of the project failed to complete 30 per cent of the work during four years.

Now the project’s estimated cost has escalated to Rs10 billion.

Under the project, a sewage treatment plant at Adiala village, trunk sewer from Moti Mahal Cinema to Adiala Sewage Treatment Plant will be constructed.

“We wanted to get funding for all these projects. However, the mode of funding will be discussed between the provincial government and the Chinese firm,” said Wasa Managing Director Akram Soban.

Chinese firm offers to fund three mega projects - DAWN.COM

$1 million is not from government contribution. Like I said, we contributed over $200 million in the 2010 flood. How come nobody talk about that?
Bcoz this thread is about the Earth Quake..no??

YES, some of the dams are being fund by us, free of cost, while some are based on soft loan.
Thanks for the info...

There, edited the thread title. It was $6 million+ in relief from the Chinese government.

:china:

Back
Top Bottom