What's new

Chinese social median overwhelmingly in support of Palestine, anti semitism raises head

China-born Israeli woman Noa Argamani among those 'kidnapped by Hamas terrorists', embassy in Beijing says​

South China Morning Post
Mon, October 9, 2023 at 4:30 PM GMT+7·3 min read

A Beijing-born Chinese-Israeli woman named Noa Argamani was among people abducted by Hamas as the militant group raided a music festival near the border with Gaza, the Israeli embassy in China has confirmed.
"Noa is a Chinese-Israeli ... born in Beijing. At the time, Noa was attending a peace music festival in southern Israel when she was kidnapped by Hamas terrorists and taken from Israel to Gaza," the embassy said on its official Weibo account, the Chinese version of X, formerly Twitter.
A video clip posted on the account showed the 25-year-old screaming "Don't kill me. No, no, no" while being taken away on a motorcycle from an outdoor music festival near Israel's border with Gaza, as she stretched out her arms towards her boyfriend being marched alongs by militants.
Do you have questions about the biggest topics and trends from around the world? Get the answers with SCMP Knowledge, our new platform of curated content with explainers, FAQs, analyses and infographics brought to you by our award-winning team.
Argamani, whose mother is Chinese, is among dozens of hostages believed to be in Hamas captivity following the militant group's surprise multi-front attack on Israel in the early hours of Saturday.
Tel Aviv has responded with air strikes on Gaza, after declaring war and vowing to destroy the "military and governing capabilities" of Hamas, which controls the blockaded Gaza Strip.
The engineering student from Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in southern Israel is less than a week shy of her 26th birthday, according to her Instagram and Facebook accounts.
"She was so petrified, so scared, I was always so protective, but at this moment I couldn't protect her," her father Yaakov Argamani said in a video clip shared on an Instagram account put together by her family to help find her.
He had been hoping it was all untrue when initially notified of a circulating video clip purportedly showing his daughter being kidnapped from the Nova music festival.
"I was hoping this is a mistake and this is not true," he says in the Instagram clip posted on Monday, showing footage from his interview with local Israeli media.
But when he saw the video for himself, "Then I knew for sure it was Noa," he said.
The Organisation for Assistance to Chinese Businesses in Israel (ACBI) confirmed to the Post on Monday that her mother is Chinese.
78c34dec1328e96e586c1d7601e62f0f

Israeli soldiers take cover during a missile attack next to the border with Gaza, near Siderot in southern Israel on Monday. Photo: EPA-EFE alt=Israeli soldiers take cover during a missile attack next to the border with Gaza, near Siderot in southern Israel on Monday. Photo: EPA-EFE>
The Chinese foreign ministry said it was "verifying the situation".
"I have noticed the relevant reports. We have always been opposed to violence and attacks against civilians. My colleagues are verifying the situation, so I don't have any information to provide at the moment," ministry spokeswoman Mao Ning said in response to media queries on the woman's apparent abduction and whether she is a Chinese citizen.
Four Chinese nationals have been reported missing amid the continuing violence and chaos, while three others have been injured, latest ACBI reports said. The number has yet to be confirmed by Chinese authorities.
More than 700 Israelis have been killed and over 2,000 injured, the Israeli embassy in China said on Monday.
Health authorities in the Gaza Strip said nearly 500 people had been killed and more than 2,750 wounded in the Israeli counter-attack as of Monday morning.
China has called for "calm and restraint" and an immediate ceasefire, with a foreign ministry statement on Sunday saying Beijing was "deeply concerned about the current escalation of tension and violence" in the decades-old conflict between Israel and Palestinian fighters.
The Post has also reached out to Ben-Gurion University of the Negev for comment.
This article originally appeared in the South China Morning Post (SCMP), the most authoritative voice reporting on China and Asia for more than a century. For more SCMP stories, please explore the SCMP app or visit the SCMP's Facebook and Twitter pages. Copyright © 2023 South China Morning Post Publishers Ltd. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2023. South China Morning Post Publishers Ltd. All rights reserved.

Could be worse, I could be Chinese,

Very strange as China doesn't have birthright law or even such concept culturally, whether one is born in China or not makes no different. The question is whether she is a Chinese citizen or Israeli citizen? And is she even ethnic Chinese? What does this have to do with China?

Last edited:
You guys see things in a one sided way alot as if geo politics is that clear cut. Lol
Israel has normal friendly ties with China for decades now. In fact, even military one, the only reason Israel stopped cooperating with China militarily was due to massive pressure from US establishment. In fact even with economic ties the US has been pushing for Israel to curtail and cut back its economic ties with China but Israel has resisted that so far. In fact Chinese EV companies for example have the largest market share in Israel today(their largest market in the middle east) without counting the port of Israel that China acquired with vocal opposition from the US. I am not even counting the dozens of scientific and technological cooperation between Israel and China where big chinese tech companies have acquired or launched cooperations with Israel high tech startups companies etc etc
If the Jews/Israel hated China as much as you guys claimed the Israeli governemnt would never have allowed all this . The thing is Israel has no reason to hate China both countries have normal ties. You guys are trying to make a big deal out of absolutely nothing. Probably just to appear to different to some mostly muslim members on here 😆

China has no stake in Israel/Palestine issue whatsoever. Trying to make it sound otherwise is actually funny. The most China does is just to issue statements calling for peace and both sides to refrain from violence and negotiate like most neutral countries do. Nothing else to read from that.

Public sentiment is one thing, foreign policy is another. Chinese state position has been one of neutral and consistent tone. And the accusation of the Chinese government guiding the public opinion to hate Israel is a false one as it doesn't make any sense. It's in China's interest to just watch on the sideline, as US refocusing on the Middle East is certainly a good thing for China.

Last edited:
Anti-Israel propaganda is real.

The Chinese government censors social media. Without their permission, anti-Israel, pro-Hamas and Palestinian posts and comments would not be disseminated as widely.

Most recently, there was an incident where a Chinese female singer sang the song Kayusha and many posts on weibo, 163 posts were censored and deleted. The Chinese government reacted very quickly and deleted information they considered negative on social networks.

This time, the proliferation of anti-Israel posts and comments meant the Chinese government adopted and negative propaganda against Israel that had long been prevalent in China.

Of course, not everyone in China hates Israel and supports Palestine, I read some articles on weibo, including Mai Xinyu and Wang Hui, these two people gave many reasonable and logical analysis, they don't blindly stone Israel, at the same time they condemn - expose the true face of Hamas... of course, weibos like this are very few and in the comments section, I read countless comments anti-Israel, cursing and insulting the weibo author

Items that have no relevance to China are not censored. One can go online and rant about Vietnam all they want without being censored. There are better things for the government to do as online filtering is to counter subversion attempts rather than guiding opinion on matter that does not even involve China to begin with.

Last edited:
lol no one cares about Chinese public opinion least of all the former pig farmer current emperor for life .

Calling leaders names does not change the fact about public opinion in China against Israel.

You don't see that as the "elephant in the room" problem?

Should be ignored?

I'd say Neocons are in the toughest challenge of current times with some formidable adversaries.

Jews have been very much spearheading anti-China movement in the world since Trump came to power and started the all out war on China. George Soros, Schumer, Blinken and Jake Sullivan are all Jews to name a few. Jews also control the world media, finance and US establishment, Chinese people know.

Small note: Sullivan is an Irish name and Jake is not Jewish as far as I know.

But he is more "Jewish than any Jew being a friend of Israel" so to speak.

He has led active efforts since 2021 to normalize relations between Israel and Saudi Arabia (Abraham Accords).

Of course he takes orders from Blinken as well.

Here he is with the President and PM of Israel.

1697051933986.png
1697051978630.png

Calling leaders names does not change the fact about public opinion in China against Israel.

You don't see that as the "elephant in the room" problem?

Should be ignored?

I'd say Neocons are in the toughest challenge of current times with some formidable adversaries.
well Xi prides himself on his grassroots “struggles” including his stint as a pig farmer.
I highly recommend a few semesters for you at the nearest reeducation camp with a required reading of the entire 13 volumes of Xi thoughts.
Referring to Xi as a former pig farmer isn’t name calling, its a matter of pride for him.

What is the “elephant in the room“ problem?

That’s ok my friend. they are god chosen people. The Bible explicitly says go and multiply.
oh didn't know you were a believer. Bible to me is just a novel, still haven't the time to read it so I'd like you to not spoil it for me 😂

May be india should take the Israelis .. 6 million new Indians = one day increase in India’s population
Indians would also want Israel to be an outpost, cause they know once Israel got deleted, they become the next target for the Islamic coalition

Last edited:
DBC clearly frustrated that he can not express his freedom in his own country. His actual wish is to have a tirade against the blacks/browns/muslims in his own country but thats illegal and will get him in trouble so he goes online and directs his anger at his own country/lack of freedom against China instead. Every internet troll has their own insecurity and are no doubt cowards.

CCP official jobs are high competitive and liability based, they have to work their butt off to keep their positions, let along moving up.

CPC has well established official work performance assessment system, if you can't bring positive results before a deadline , you will be gone, more competent competitors will take your job.

I have spoken to many friends in China about this. CCP is a meritocracy unlike the corrupt systems in the West.

Look at Boebert and Taylor Greene. How do these uneducated pieces of trash get elected to lead a govt. and make laws even?

Unthinkable lowering of standards.

This could never ever happen in China.

The sad, sad state of our democracy while foreigners look at it and get amused.

1697074791223.png

1697074980286.png

1697075006343.png

Having shared interest is butt licking ?

We both get a relief after peeing on Indians

Christians have been murdering Jews for 100s of years .. they dumped their problem on us ..

May be india should take the Israelis .. 6 million new Indians = one day increase in India’s population
except you can't so all you get is frustration.
BTW what you have is a condition called coprophila and it can be treated. See a doctor

except you can't so all you get is frustration.
BTW what you have is a condition called coprophila and it can be treated. See a doctor

frustrated?.. I know being in a indian with a small penis and looks of a toxic bear doll.. sure

frustrated?.. I know being in a indian with a small penis and looks of a toxic bear doll.. sure
so you have a penis fetish ! I guess acronyms like LGBTQ were made for characters like you. I am not judging, you are after all brave admitting it

Douyin share

The Internationale 国际歌 一段时代的声音,雄壮的《国际歌》响起,让人心潮澎湃,这正是我们需要的力量源泉。加油英勇的巴勒斯坦人民!# 抖音小助手 https://v.douyin.com/idS3v2jX/

Back
Top Bottom