What's new

Clueless on China

Instead of reassuring, China is being belligerent commenting about annexing arunachal.

China and India are strategic rivals, it is not our job to "reassure" you.

If you want to reassure yourself, then read up on Chinese history and you will understand the motivations of the Chinese leadership.

I'm sure the Indian leadership have done this research already. Which is why there won't be a war.

I've come across several of Brahma Chellenay's acticles, and come away with the impression that this guy sees an enemy behind every tree, under every rock when dealing with China. I am curious how representative his thinking is in India, mainstream or fringe? My sense is that his views are quite popular in India. Anybody cares to shed some light on that?

I've come across several of Brahma Chellenay's acticles, and come away with the impression that this guy sees an enemy behind every tree, under every rock when dealing with China. I am curious how representative his thinking is in India, mainstream or fringe? My sense is that his views are quite popular in India. Anybody cares to shed some light on that?

It's a complex arrangement. We have hawks and doves. Brahma belongs to first class. They all provides inputs to GoI besides various other agencies. It is govt who has the final authority to decide upon something. I guess this system is followed in China as well with some local arrangements.

Just for example, there is a whole group of political parties who are very sympathetic to China. So it is not like everyone in India thinks about attacking India.

Last edited:
India does not understand China.

You should look to the China/Pakistan relationship to see how a good friendship works.

Also it's a good idea to read up on the sociological concept of "face" in Chinese culture, as a starting point.

We Chinese should also make the effort to improve understanding.

it's not that easy ,bro.all the effords on promoting friendship will be fruitless without boundary delimitation, it can only remain at the diplomatic level,indians' suspicion against china are derived from distortion of that stupid war,and their govt still refuse to open the official files after 50 years , i doubt they will ever do that as india always attempt to achieve her superpower dream through the military rising ,china's growth provides them such a great excuse,it's like the history is repeating again,india govt official and media keep propagating how aggressive chinese are around the border,our self-restraint is wrong interpreted as the fear to war,i don't know which side will win next time,but i am sure it will happen if both sides go towards the current direction ,personally it's time for china to give up the "韬光养晦"policy and separate countries with will from other side,our soft policy will only indirect exacerbate the situation and eventually led to war

Last edited:
Though i accept to the part that we are undecided on China, i don't think we are Clueless completely regards to China. I think Indians are assessing our strategy vis-a-vis China for a long time now, sadly since we know the speed with which our leaders act it does seem to everybody that we are in such a state.

Regarding China the friendship part is tricky, for various reasons. Firstly as @Aimarraul has pointed out our govt does not want to de-classify the documents regarding 1962 war so we never know the real truth. Its possible that we may never know, so the "backstabbing" thing lingers on and when 50 yrs have passed by two to three generations have been brought up on the notion that Chinese belligerent, arrogant etc etc. One can argue that educated globe trotting people can demistify these stereotypes, however with the level of illiteracy and add to that the class of leaders we have here it is highly unlikely that it can happen so soon. Thats the reason why if u ask any Indian about China the first thing he will tell u is their growth rate accompanied with the war thing.

Under the above circumstances its highly unlikely that one can see positiveness in China's actions. Also add to this the Pakistani factor, some one was saying above that we should learn from China-Pakistan relation how one can befriend the dragon. Let me tell u that as an Indian i read the below in such statement, that one has to become friend with China only when we want to take on somebody more powerful than us (Pakistani members please don't jump on me i was speaking only in conventional military way) the reason being that our relation is not exactly healthy as u can see obviously. So when China befriends Pakistan and then tries to go to any length to arm them against (has this part to be explained?) us are we to fume with rage or jump up with joy. More than the war in current time the Pakistani connection is what rankles us, not about civilian trade and other relations but military one's. I think the trade between China and Pakistan must be more of military products than others.

Even after all this if u think we should be friendly with China then i don't know what to say.

Here is something for our Indian members to think about, even if it is not going to change any mind. Almost fifty years after the Sino-Indian border war the Indian government still refues to declassify documents on national security grounds. The real reason is that the release of documents relating to the war would contradict the postwar Indian narrative on the course of events resulting in war. In other words, Nehru and his advisors miscalculated. In some respect they were right. There was tension across the Taiwan strait, and the disastrous Great Leap Forward led to famine and economic hardship in China. Their miscalculation was that China would just take what India meted out and not respond. All the postwar Indian narrative of Chinese betrayal was designed to soften the blow to Indian self-esteem in the wake of the border war.

I like this way to talking. every one has their right to say his opinion ,but the respect is the base line.

For pakistan I don't agree with you .we hope pakistance will became peace and the living standard improve by the time .you can see we hope pakistan to learn the ability more than just buy the things like fc17.This is 21st country with country must equal,this also t one of the China five policy basic principles.Not only just for the miliaty but also the economy and scientist.and also China is a country very common .IF you can check the IP you would know I just in China, we can easy to read the other country informations.and there also some websites we can't just as a little part.

Here is something for our Indian members to think about, even if it is not going to change any mind. Almost fifty years after the Sino-Indian border war the Indian government still refues to declassify documents on national security grounds. The real reason is that the release of documents relating to the war would contradict the postwar Indian narrative on the course of events resulting in war. In other words, Nehru and his advisors miscalculated. In some respect they were right. There was tension across the Taiwan strait, and the disastrous Great Leap Forward led to famine and economic hardship in China. Their miscalculation was that China would just take what India meted out and not respond. All the postwar Indian narrative of Chinese betrayal was designed to soften the blow to Indian self-esteem in the wake of the border war.

did u get hold of the secret reports hmm james bond 007....:pop:

all crap what CHina did is backstab India....when taking over Tibet it did not claim Indian lands....after taking Tibet it strated claiming Indian alands also....:angry:
hmm greed isnt it....:tdown:

did u get hold of the secret reports hmm james bond 007....:pop:

all crap what CHina did is backstab India....when taking over Tibet it did not claim Indian lands....after taking Tibet it strated claiming Indian alands also....:angry:
hmm greed isnt it....:tdown:

Many Indian like you always claim China backstab India? Can you tell me how we backstab you?

Guys guys guys China merely exercised its right to self defense in 62.The war was largely due to Nehru forward policy ie *grabbing neighbor's land as a thief and then claim you're friend of the neighbor.That area was not disputed per UN but Nerhu decided what the hell china is weak let's grab some chinese land and he learned the lesson.

Most educated Indian members know that Nehru was a fool and the 62 war was something he blundered into.

Most of the anger now is over a completely different reason.Chinese nuclear help to Pakistan. This is exacerbated every time there is a terrorist strike in India and which India cannot respond to due to the Pak nuclear option.It just infuriates Indian middle class and they turn around and see China as the reason.

Kind of stupid really as Pakistan would have managed a nuke with or without Chinese help.

Many Indian like you always claim China backstab India? Can you tell me how we backstab you?

Claiming indian land after taking Tibet, and before that not claiming Indian land(bad intentions)...
it is backstabbing to win India trust while taking Tibet and then later chaninging colours and asking for Indian lands also...
claiming Indian land ,attacking India, illegallly occupying Akshaichin,parts of Kashmir is backstabbing...
what more..??
and what India has done in comparison to above..??

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Most educated Indian members know that Nehru was a fool and the 62 war was something he blundered into.

Most of the anger now is over a completely different reason.Chinese nuclear help to Pakistan. This is exacerbated every time there is a terrorist strike in India and which India cannot respond to due to the Pak nuclear option.It just infuriates Indian middle class and they turn around and see China as the reason.

Kind of stupid really as Pakistan would have managed a nuke with or without Chinese help.

he didnt realise that the CHinese will backstab..surely his mistake... but he paid the price for trusting the chinese/ not understanding the real chinese intentions...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom