What's new

Comparision of Insas and G3 Assault Rifle

well if they had shown it in an international defence show, most probably they got a license. But AK-47s are being made by so many countries, some exactly the same and some having little bit modified.

So for the time being its not known if this is exactly the same version as an original russian AK-47 or has some modification which may not require a license. This weapon as popular in the world, is also very liked and preferred in our army, so i think one of the reason of making this weapon would be to make it available to our armed forces without any issue. As PA is using chinese version of this weapon in a large quantity and due to the current counter insurgency operations this weapon is preferred by soldiers a lot & other para-military forces are also being updated with latest weapons, so an indigenous production would be preferred to save cost.

Yup its a copy of ak47...displayed by POF....i heard that russia was about to sue the pakistani stall over there...as POF manufactures products simmilar to russian RPG and AK 47....Regards

Insas weight less just .25 kilo. But the power of 7.62 of G3 is well known. Also G3 range is more than insas. You just cant say this gun is good and the other is not. I'll give both 8/10. And one more for the G3 as i am a Pakistani. So its make G3 9/10 and Insas 8/10 :P

after few yeras PA will phase out these G 3 they are curently in progress with austrian and germans to purchase a license for new G 3 type gun and some rifle type from autria i have seen it in newspaper few months bach jang news it is

The grand daddy of Insas is FN FAL and GALIL. G3 is updated form of spain CETME rifle

Insas is a new rifle while G3 is a widely used successful and proven battle rifle.But the fact is that G3 is being phased out slowly.G3 is completely useless in some areas,too heavy and too ugly.

Insas comes with a grenade launcher,optical sights and other modren features.

G3 come with a good reputation but is becoming obselete and is no longer the best solution of Pakistan army's pesent requirements.

Im not saying that G3 is crap.Im sayin that it needs replacing.

So POF got the licenses to make aks now?
Getting a license to make AK's is like getting a license to use Windows. You should do it, but you don't have to.

I'm sure Microsoft will soon disable my Wind...

This user's Windows account has been suspended indefinitely

Hi,

In the spec sheet, the effective range of G 3 is 100-400 m and that of insas is 450 m----this is incorrect----the .308 round has always a longer effective range than a .223-----plus a 147 grain .308 round would have more destructive power than any 60 grain round from a .223.

The .223 round loses accuracy over a couple of hunderd yards due to its lightness---the .308 is a very well proven round for over long distances.

The poster should read the post about the 5.56 and 7.62 round comparison report on this board---that will answer most of the questions.

Mechanically both rifle are of good quality---it is just the bore that makes one deadlier than the other. The bigger the bore---the brutal the strike be---it is the shock factor of the strike of a bigger bore bullet that can kill a person as comaperd to a smaller bore round.

Difference can be explained like comparing the 5.56 hit like being hit by a nail to a 7.62 like being hit by a hammer strike.

i remember in dawn news (we are soilders) they where takeing resultsof PA g3 assult rifel that in the kargil war the box that holded the ammunition cracks in extream could and that it jams . in my personal expeareance i think the AK- 101 we should get with full TOT and make them in pakistan . remember we shouldent count on china soo much aswell beacuse we should keep our options open.

What about the newer ak variants like ak107&108 with BARS. How good r they.

They are not really comparable weapons. One might as well include the MP-5 in the discussion. Comparing the FN-FAL with the G3 makes more sense.

Vis-a-vis, the INSAS and G3, the scenario will determine which gun is preferable. The INSAS would be preferable at short quarters within 200-300 yards and owing to a lower recoil is easier to fire in the crouched or standing position.

At higher ranges, with obstacles in the path, and while firing from a prone position, the G3's bigger round is preferable.

As few other posters stated, the debate is actually 5.56mm vs 7.62mm.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom