What's new

Could Shahid Afridi emerge as a front runner for future prime minister of Pakistan?

Could Shahid Afridi become future prime minister of Pakistan?

• Yes

Votes: 30 32.3%
  • No

Votes: 63 67.7%

• Total voters
Didn't he show some interest in PML-N sometimes back?
Sir in my view, he is in the good books of PML-N, PTI and army. He has maintained very cordial relations with them. Although, initially, he had been denying entering politics, same as Imran Khan used to say. But over the years he might have realized I should do something which would not let my legacy die. So he ventured towards welfare sector. But I guess he wants a bigger screen than that and is standing in the middle of both PML-N and PTI seesaw. I am sure both these parties realize his fan following and would have invited him informally.

Then my second thoughts are that since he is Pathan and by nature majority of them love to be their own bosses, he doesn`t want to work under the banner of someone else and wants to have his own identity. This observation of mine is further strengthened by the fact that he is reluctant to join anyone as of yet and this is the reason I say he is going to have his own political party.

However, I am not sure if he has but he definitely should have weighed the pros and cons of setting out on a solo journey and keeping prevailing circumstances into account, he might accept it as a fact that he should already join the winning team and go for MNA ticket without wasting any time.

It is also noteworthy that he is patriotic and will definitely seek army`s opinion to decide his future course which could mean abstaining from politics at all costs.

Last edited:
I don't know when our this dumb and greedy establishment will stop doing these useless and counterproductive experiments , haven't they learned from NS Ik zardàri grooming experiences? These puddles have practically ruined this nation, they need to fu****** off this system , it's time to look towards east not west,
How is this an establishment experiment?

Afridi's image, wealth and charitable work is all self-made, much like Imran Khan's. His popularity is primarily a result of his cricketing career, which the Army had nothing to do with. So why blame the Army if the man wants to give back via charitable causes, supports the troops & is vocal on political issues?

His engagement with the military is also primarily for charitable and PR causes which is something celebrities do in Western democracies as well.

With respect to creating his own political party, that would be a huge mistake on the part of Afridi if he wants a successful future in politics. Even Imran Khan struggled to get the PTI off the ground and needed the support of electables to form a government in the last election. Afridi's best bet at making a mark in politics is by joining one of the existing political parties.

Or some who sit on army general's laps to bypass the whole system
Fully agree. Especially when they then go on to brag repeatedly about being on the ‘same page’ as their anti-democratic benefactors. :D

What is Afridi's education? Has he got a degree in anything?
I think it is better for him to do charity work instead.
Those would be things voters would have to make a decision on. So long as the laws don't prevent him from running for elected office, he should, if he wants to.

It's his time and money (and that of his donors).

Or some who sit on army general's laps to bypass the whole system and become PM three times. :enjoy:
Maybe the first time, but the fact that the PMLN came close to defeating the PTI in Punjab means that they have a strong vote bank independent of the 'Generals'.

I would advise against that.
Why?

If we had a Presidential system it might make sense to create his own party and run under its banner, but Pakistan's parliamentary political system means that a political party that wants to be successful at a national level needs a strong grassroots presence in all provinces as well as the support of 'electables'.

If our leaders keep coming from the cricket team, it means that the system of Pakistan has severe structural limitations that does not allow a meritorious and competent to become the leader of the nation.

Imran Khan will always be an exception to the rules set by the system because his struggle and perseverance to reach the top, is unique. And I don't believe that any other person from the political arena, let alone cricket team, can pull it off.

Plus, Shahid Afridi is not a very bright man. A good hitter of the ball though.

haven't we learned enough bringing one cricket player in power?

Can't talk much about his aimless hitting while batting, but Shahid Khan Afridi for sure is a very patriotic Pakistani, loyal to Pakistan, loud voice, politically needs to mature and be sensible a bit more under guidance. Probably a role in minister ship or 1 man single party like role of Sheikh Rasheed Ahmed Awami party as a pressure group. Afridi can be an a new breed of young politicians for Pakistan but launching a complete party like PTI, PMLN etc difficult as of now.

Pakistan desperately needs educated smart politicians breed.

A vocal voice for sure.

at least he will not be like nawaz sharif who loted wealth of his people

How is this an establishment experiment?

Afridi's image, wealth and charitable work is all self-made, much like Imran Khan's. His popularity is primarily a result of his cricketing career, which the Army had nothing to do with. So why blame the Army if the man wants to give back via charitable causes, supports the troops & is vocal on political issues?

His engagement with the military is also primarily for charitable and PR causes which is something celebrities do in Western democracies as well.

With respect to creating his own political party, that would be a huge mistake on the part of Afridi if he wants a successful future in politics. Even Imran Khan struggled to get the PTI off the ground and needed the support of electables to form a government in the last election. Afridi's best bet at making a mark in politics is by joining one of the existing political parties.
Dill k behlany ko khayal acha hy, brother

Considering how IK is performing I'd not be too happy to vote for another cricketer.
bhai kabadi seh be koi wazir e azam leh loo... saray cricket he say lenay hain........

maxresdefault.jpg

I have noticed that after his retirement from Cricket, Shahid Afridi has been participating in a lot of national causes and emerging as a leading figure for an important political role in future. There are lot of positive things about him,

1- He is undoubtedly one of the most famous personality of Pakistan from mid 90s onward.

2- He is a self-made person, didn't have any family connections to get into cricket.

3- Everyone knows about him so he doesn't have to register himself to come to limelight.

4- He belongs to a non-mummy daddy family and most people in Pakistan can relate with him

5- He is relatively young and an energetic person by nature.

6- He is also brave in voicing his opinion on various social and national issues.

7- He has a relatively clean character and has been a family guy right from his young age.

All these aspects make him superior candidate compared to mummy daddy young lot of current political dynasties for future political leadership role in Pakistan.

I personally think Shahid Afridi is a future Prime minister material for Pakistan.

I am also adding a poll.

he has the necessary characteristic "handsome" and he can toe the emotional line well ! so yes good chance he could be the PM , president or least CM of a province

Back
Top Bottom