What's new

CRPF to Use 'Shaheed' For Troopers Killed in Line of Duty

Really? You posted a link of Dawn newspaper. And I haven't disagreed over the various dialects of Urdu. Urdu was also known as Hindustani. But I have never heard of Urdu being referred as Hindi.

If you know about dialects Hindustani/Hindi/Urdu explain me what you know.

Pakistanis wrote their whole national anthem in Persian.

Its Urdu. Although heavily Persionized. Just like Nehru promoted Hindi to dislodge Urdu from India. Early Muslim/Pakistani nationalists tried to distance themselves away from Hindus and India.

Really? You posted a link of Dawn newspaper. And I haven't disagreed over the various dialects of Urdu. Urdu was also known as Hindustani. But I have never heard of Urdu being referred as Hindi.

The language of Hind was referred as Hindawi, Hindustani or Hindi.

Its Urdu. Although heavily Persionized. Just like Nehru promoted Hindi to dislodge Urdu from India. Early Muslim/Pakistani nationalists tried to distance themselves away from Hindus and India.

Nobody talks (or even write might I add) that way in Urdu. If you pick up 10 random people from the streets of Tehran and 10 from the streets of Karachi (using Karachi because of its Urdu speaking background, won't even talk about other areas) almost every Iranian would understand it close to 90% ( except a couple of Arabic origin words that they don't use) whereas none of the Pakistanis would be able to tell you the meaning of more than 30% of it, unless he or she has learned if before and still remembers it.

Hindi is an Indian language. Promoting Hindi in India and Persian in Pakistan is not the same thing.

Hindi is an Indian language. Promoting Hindi in India and Persian in Pakistan is not the same thing.

No one is promoting Persian in Pakistan. Have you ever been to Pakistan? Or are these judgements based on childish Indian media.

No one is promising Persian in Pakistan. Have you ever been to Pakistan? Or are these judgements based on childish Indian media.

You wrote that not me. "Just like Nehru promoted Hindi to dislodge Urdu from India. Early Muslim/Pakistani nationalists tried to distance themselves away from Hindus and India."

You wrote that not me. "Just like Nehru promoted Hindi to dislodge Urdu from India. Early Muslim/Pakistani nationalists tried to distance themselves away from Hindus and India."

I meant promoting*.

Nehru promoted Hindi because 40% Indians call it as their first language as thus most suitable for promotion as the official language of union government of India. Urdu was not a majority language of Pakistan, it was Bengali. It was evident after Hindi-Urdu divide that Hindus who were more than 80% in UP-Bihar will never accept their language to be written in foreign origin Arabic script instead of their native Devanagari. BTW the use of Tatsam(Sanskrit vocabulary) is common in all Indian languages.

After independence, Pakistan actually tried to more artificially Persianise Urdu. Pakistanis will tell you Urdu takes words freely from all language but it shouldn't be Sanskrit and thus the purity of Urdu should be preserved from Indians irrespective of the fact that Urdu originated in India with lots of Hindus around. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

From where did u get these things,may be from yr History text books.apart from tanks & planes what about the 90,000 Pakistani soldiers surrendered. There r Banglaeshi members on this forum,u may ask them.
No body in war calls destroyed tanks & planes as shaheed. U r thinking like a kid.
well i was told that by my mother as we have be travelling people( mother side was in train driver profession) since partition from british india(fiazabad-jamalpur-lahore-dadu-chagai-dalbandin-quetta.taftan also - then to karachi) and also now to foreign {my english is bad sorry) ,u can search kidwai caste also..and for this is quite possible as in those days hindus did not understand shaheed concept and accepted it to assign it to thier machinery mainly locals to motivate or revere their things..
i loled at the concept of importing things to support religion no boundaries mentioned like islam has (i m not harming ur belief)

Back
Top Bottom