What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

The rafales is a decent bird, even though it's not the only decent 1s of its class and capabiltiies out there. Any attempt to point out so woudl be pure marketing gimmick.
So come on guys, im sure the Indian government has its good reasons why it chose the Rafales. I must have been satisfactorily good enough for them to do so.

Congratulations to India on this landmark achievement. This will change the Defense Industrial Complex in India and the sub-continent forever. Further, it will rapidly erode the comfort zones of many across the border, and challenge them to take drastic steps. However, the French will also ensure that their financial interests are protected. Good luck to IAF for inducting and realizing what is a wonderful kit from France.

Why do you need a 'link' ? ........ he has just posted his "shopping list" :lol:

One where the money for all that will come from the heavens presumably.....so "window shopping" & drooling list only......

6. This new lack of 'chalta hai' attitude you find it NOT institutional, its ONLY because of the new Modi govt. When this govt. goes in time (and it will), this attitude too will disappear.

Unfortunately, very true.

They need to meet orders for Qatar(24) and Egypt(24), And also more for France. They can only build 33 a year.

India bought 36 off-the-shelf, Which will arrive in 2019 and be completed in 2022.

I don't think they have confirmed for more then 36 as of now.
only 33 per year !!! excuse me but how many Tejas does HAL producing per year ? I know it's sarcastic.

You forgot to add yasen class submarine, pakfa stealth fighter(jst because it has' pak' in it), bulava ballastic missile, su 47, new russian aircraft carrier too etc etc. :D
Pakistani retired general has confirmed on live news show that Pakistan is working on defence deal with Russia and he specifically mentioned Yak-130, Su-35 and mi-35 helicopter. This video is available on Youtube.

Pakistan doesn't need aircraft carrier, and no submarines from Russia since 8 are coming from China.

Russia - some of the stuff from the above list
Turkey - Corvette/frigate, Helicopter, ECM, antiTank missile, UAV tech and many more.
China - ships, submarines, J-31, and Lots of stuff.
Italy - radar, uav tech.

Fnally I've said India will have to wait 3 years for the first plane , except if production started already, and you have to wait 3 years. All the rumors on a fast delivery were false or cancelled by the delay and the normal time apply. And I think that we will stay at 2 Rafale by month until the MII is signed.
A faster delivery isn't possible as made for Egypt?
4 twin seater in a french definition, later upgraded, taken from the french back log to begin the pilot training in India ???

I thought the number was 189! Only 36 does not look right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom