What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will go for 100 mig 35's n100 eurofighters.splitting the order between vendors will make sense becoz it will ensure early procurement..we can MKI's he mig 35...by purchasing mig's russia is offering complete TOT and also development partnership hence we can sell it to third countries and make profit and also with the 3D TVC factor coming in,it will be d best maneuvorable plane nad will be great in dogfight,with eurofighter we can have the EJ 200 engine with crystal blade tech which will be helpful for our tejas mk 2..and i m sure dat we will procure more dan 126 fighters..apart from dat lets see what happens..

i will go for 100 mig 35's n100 eurofighters.splitting the order between vendors will make sense becoz it will ensure early procurement..we can MKI's he mig 35...by purchasing mig's russia is offering complete TOT and also development partnership hence we can sell it to third countries and make profit and also with the 3D TVC factor coming in,it will be d best maneuvorable plane nad will be great in dogfight,with eurofighter we can have the EJ 200 engine with crystal blade tech which will be helpful for our tejas mk 2..and i m sure dat we will procure more dan 126 fighters..apart from dat lets see what happens..
Hi letsbefriends, no offense, but it's actually the complete opposite of your post. :)

1. EF and Mig 35 are similar fighters mainly for air superiority with the same advantages like maneuverability..., but the same disadvantages in A2G also, so this combo is more than unlikely.

2. Both fighters are delayed in development and are bad choices if the aim is fast procurment. Mig stated that the production might only begin by 2013, or later, the EF will get the first AESA radar version at the same time, operational versions possibly 2015 only!

3. MoD alrady stated that the deal will go only at a single vendor, so no split anyway.

4. Not Mig had offered a partnership, but the EF consortium. Mig is only an upgraded version of an old design, so there is no development to team up with. Also sales are more than unlikely, because not even Russia will buy them.
The partnership for EF is only a minor partnership in production, not an equal one and we won't have anything to say in the consortium.

5. EJ 200 engines with ToT is offered delinked of the MMRCA competition, so we can get the engine also without taking the EF.

You are new here so maybe you should go a bit more through this thread here, all these points was posted and discussed before.

Are these really pics of the final Mig 35? In the forum where I found these they say, that these are only slightly modified (bigger nose for AESA for example) versions of the Mig 29K/KUB:

394aee20c75d7072f54435b3d773e449.jpg

57a2c9a8ac9b012b0c561135ff48435d.jpg

i have a doubt proffesionals.......
when i gothrough the wiki for each of these beautiful birds....
Mig-35---status is still in development and total number built is less than 10 , if we finalise mig-35 by end of year when we will get these 126 birds...?

and similiarly for Dassalut rafale and eurofighter typhoon the production rate is slow and i think they will take min of 3 years to deliver the 126 numbers right..?

Mig-35---status is still in development and total number built is less than 10 , if we finalise mig-35 by end of year when we will get these 126 birds...?

and similiarly for Dassalut rafale and eurofighter typhoon the production rate is slow and i think they will take min of 3 years to deliver the 126 numbers right..?

Guys we are definately not going for Mig as well as F 16,
Rate of production in Eurofighter is less due to all the partenaring countries want a Treanch 3 upgraded Fighter which is under development right now.
and for Rafale it cant win a single export order till date... even the UAE deal is in trouble....
i hope we choose Rafale..start manufacturing it in India & also get a sweet deal with France so that we can export it from India ( though in my dreams):yahoo:

hi 126 is not possible in 3 years, and also only 18 will be coming in flyaway condition rest will be produced in India only:cheers:

hi 126 is not possible in 3 years, and also only 18 will be coming in flyaway condition rest will be produced in India only:cheers:

if that is the case complete TOT should be allowed right...?
but still i didnt read anywhere regarding the TOT for all MMRCA contentenders...

if that is the case complete TOT should be allowed right...?
but still i didnt read anywhere regarding the TOT for all MMRCA contentenders...

in Indian requirement issued they ask min 50% TOT only,

Russia - 100 % Accepted
France - 100 % Accepted
EU - 100 % Accepted with partnership
Sweden - 100 % Accepted with partnership
USA - 60-70 % Accepted
:cheers:

US military aid to Pak matter of concern: Air chief - India - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: The US military aid to Pakistan is a matter of concern for India which has been conveyed to the Obama administration, Air Chief Marshal P V Naik said on Tuesday.

"The aid being given to Pakistan is a matter of concern to us definitely and we have made it known. We have not hidden anything," Naik said soon after taking over as the Chairman, Chiefs of Staffs Committee here.

The US has been providing F-16 combat jets, air-to-air missiles and other equipment worth millions of dollars to Pakistan as military aid for fighting the Taliban terrorists on its soil. Pakistan is scheduled to get 18 of the Block 52 F-16s, Oliver Hazard Perry Class frigate by winter and is expected to receive Shadow Drones within a year.

Islamabad is also to receive equipment capable of converting 1,000 traditional munitions into "smart bombs" that can strike targets with precisions.

In the last three years, the US has provided 14 F-16s, five fast patrol boats, 115 self-propelled howitzer field artillery cannons, more than 450 vehicles, hundreds of night- vision goggles, day and night scopes, radios, protective vests and first aid items to Pakistan's security forces.

With this new arms aid, US counterinsurgency assistance fund for Pakistan is slated to increase to USD 1.2 billion in fiscal year 2011 from $700 million in the current fiscal.

India has asked the US to ensure that the weapons supplied to Pakistan to fight Taliban and extremists elements are not directed against this country.

Asked if the military aid issue could have any impact on the chances of the American companies in the fray to supply 126 combat aircraft to the Indian Air Force, Naik said, "As far as 126 multi-role combat aircraft deal is concerned, it will be a fair and square assessment... presently, there is no connection between the two."

He said the IAF was going ahead with the trials of the six companies offering their aircraft and "after that, we will sit down to finalise it (the award of the contract.)"

On reports that the IAF was developing its air fields in the Eastern sector to counter the Chinese threat, the IAF chief said the upgrade of infrastructure in the region was "long overdue" but was not "country specific." He added the air fields were being upgraded to operate the latest modern aircraft in the IAF inventory.

Asked if the recent test-firings of the Agni, Prithvi and Dhanush ballistic missiles were aimed at sending out a message, Naik said, "Whenever we have to give a message to anybody, we give it loud and clear. Whenever there is a message to be given, we will let you know."

in Indian requirement issued they ask min 50% TOT only,

Russia - 100 % Accepted
France - 100 % Accepted
EU - 100 % Accepted with partnership
Sweden - 100 % Accepted with partnership
USA - 60-70 % Accepted

:cheers:
Doubtfull, once because 60-70% would be more then we request, but not a single report that I saw regarding US fighters would prove that. Saab is too dependent on others to be able to provide that much ToT, because none of the main parts are theirs. For example it is more than doubtful that the US will clear full ToT of the GE 414 engine of the Gripen NG. Radar could be a problem too, if EF will be shortlisted for the final stage.
Imo they might be able to provide 50 - 70% if they get radar ToT too, US fighters will hardly offer those 50%.

Assessment of MMRCA trials will be fair, says IAF Chief

NEW DELHI: The Indian Air Force on Tuesday emphasised that its assessment of the ongoing trials for 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) will be fair and not influenced by the decision of the U.S. to supply F16 fighter aircraft to Pakistan.

“It will be a fair and square assessment. The trials for the MMRCA will conclude by April end and we will take a decision only later. As of now, I do not feel there is any connection [Lockheed Martin selling F16 to Pakistan],” Air Chief Pradeep Vasant Naik said here, in an interaction with correspondents after taking over as the Chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee (COSC).

At a brief ceremony in the South Block, the Chief of Army Staff General Deepak Kapoor, who retires from service on Wednesday, handed over the baton signalling the change of guard. Lieutenant General V.K. Singh is to take office as Army Chief on Wednesday.

Besides American Lockheed Martin and Boeing (F-18/A Super Hornet), four other companies, European Consortium EADS (Typhoon) Swedish SAAB (Grippen), French Dassault (Rafale) and Russian (MiG35), are competing for the $10.2 billion contract.

The Air Chief said a decision on flying the MiG27 attack aircraft, grounded since a February 16 crash, will be taken after completing checks on its engine. However, the trainer version equipped with a different engine is flying, he said. The IAF has some 100 MiG27 deployed in the Western and Eastern sectors.

The tri-services, he said, are perusing the Delhi High Court's decision that women be granted permanent commission. He said it had both legal and financial implications and any move to challenge it would be taken in consultation with the government.

Having assumed charge as Chairman, COSC, the Air Chief said the Indian armed forces are moulding existing and emerging concepts together, to develop capabilities and solutions that will directly benefit the Armed Forces and the joint war fighter of tomorrow.

Air Chief Marshal Naik said that as a concept he favoured the creation of Chief of Defence Staff, a decision pending for a decade. However, he said the country would have to study different models and choose the one most suitable for its requirement.

In his farewell address, General Kapoor said a cohesive approach to harness the strength of each individual service and synergy of its capabilities was the need of the hour.

http://www.thehindu.com/2010/03/31/stories/2010033164441400.htm

Doubtfull, once because 60-70% would be more then we request, but not a single report that I saw regarding US fighters would prove that. Saab is too dependent on others to be able to provide that much ToT, because none of the main parts are theirs. For example it is more than doubtful that the US will clear full ToT of the GE 414 engine of the Gripen NG. Radar could be a problem too, if EF will be shortlisted for the final stage.
Imo they might be able to provide 50 - 70% if they get radar ToT too, US fighters will hardly offer those 50%.

sorry i missed one point regards Gripen NG, It gives Full TOT while USA, BAE Systems cleared the sale....:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom