What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply because the RFP initially was aimed on fighters that could be delivered around 2015/16, which is why Dassault offered the F3+, their current production standard. That the tender is delayed and that in the mean time upgrades or lack of capabilities happend, is another issue.

yeah!! you are correct

the MMRCA deal was kept in F3 + configuration in mind but it's our fault we have delayed signing the deal

Not to mention that the F3R hardly offer anything important to India, METEOR missile, some radar and avionics upgrades, while most of the upgrades developed for the French forces are aimed on NATO standards and not useful for India anyway. We can get more out of Rafale by customizing the F3+, rather than from the F3R.

Customization of rafale would happen for sure whichever version india gets whehter F3 or F3R like MKI version of Su30

F3R configuration have been created during 2013 for 2018 but still every now & then we see some kind of
new R/D being ordered or signed by the french DGA

like that ESM /EA version of RBE 2 aesa radar plus
various other studies like expendables decoys, Improved engine , improved sensor fusion

i do beleive this thing integration in F3R can be feasible it' not mandatory for F4 only

so F3R configuration is not that ordinary as it sounds on articles

actually 1st batch of rafale what we would be getting should be around end of 2016 or beginning of 2017

meanwhile metoer integration for rafale is planned around 2018

so F3+ was the future model for french at that time of evaluation during 2009 -10 but now due to delay F3R is turnout to be future model & f3+
present version

present version if we get now we would be getting less compare to price

Simple example is
spectra NG compare to spectra for F3+ & other things are also there

what i wish was to get atleast SPECTRA NG with GaN tech with expendable RF decoys on our rafales

datalink & IFF upgrades in F3R are no use to us i agree

but main improvements on various other things like radar(MuLti role) , could have helped us why a get a basic variant of RBE 2 aesa radar only

now if we edit it french might hike the price

CHEERS

but it's our fault we have delayed signing the deal

No it's not, but mainly Dassault's fault, because they delayed things for the last 2 years now.

like that ESM /EA version of RBE 2 aesa radar plus
various other studies like expendables decoys, Improved engine , improved sensor fusion

And that's the difference now, while Dassault and Co are mainly studying upgrades for the MLU around 2025, the current real upgrades are not really big game changers. If we add IRST, HMS and SATCOM according to halloween, it changes the capabilities of the Rafale F3+ much more, than additional radar modes, or avionics upgrades in the F3R for systems that already exist. The RBE 2 AESA might be better then, just as SPECTRA jamming with GaN modules, but the way Rafale is used doesn't change, while a proper IRST channel and HMS does.
Btw, the EF might get it's Captor E with EA capability (possibly even with GaN modules), the Brite Cloud active EM decoy by 2019 when the UK replace their specified SEAD Tornados and I wouldn't even be surprised if they can add DIRCM by then too.

so F3+ was the future model for french at that time of evaluation during 2009 -10 but now due to delay F3R is turnout to be future model & f3+
present version

Which would require a new evaluation of the capabilities that are on offer now for the new timefram, just as I would prefer it, but then the Rafale might not be the best choice anymore.

...Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said during question hour in the Lok Sabha that government was for manufacturing defence equipment in India...

...Referring to the proposed acquisitions such as of medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA), the minister said the government will stick to the process that have been finalized.

"Where defence acquisitions have almost come to end stage, we will stick to RFP (request for proposal)," he said.

However, he said India will seek to derive maximum benefit where defence equipment was being imported...

Steps taken to boost indigenisation: Manohar Parrikar | Zee News

Important statement, since that rules out any change of the competition to bring back fighters that were not shortlisted, but also might rule out a new evaluation of Rafale and EF according to the new time line and capabilities around 2018. Now it's all in Dassaults hand to get things done finally, by getting to speedy solutions in the price negotiations.

Steps taken to boost indigenisation: Manohar Parrikar | Zee News

Important statement, since that rules out any change of the competition to bring back fighters that were not shortlisted, but also might rule out a new evaluation of Rafale and EF according to the new time line and capabilities around 2018. Now it's all in Dassaults hand to get things done finally, by getting to speedy solutions in the price negotiations.

Does't this indicate re opening of the tender and bidding once again?

Does't this indicate re opening of the tender and bidding once again?

His statement? No, since the RFP was clear that we select the L1 and then move on with negoations just with it, unless the vendor fail to comply to the RFP requirements.

No it's not, but mainly Dassault's fault, because they delayed things for the last 2 years now.

naah !!

it's somewhat both's fault .

Dassault doesnt want to accept the gaurantee clause which says dasssault should give gaurantee on rafale's produced by HAL which is unaccpetable to them .

PLus meanwhile there were financial issues from our side during .
& thin skinned antony always shyed away from taking big decisions

& it's very lengthy procedure when you sign such kind of huge deals & every one knows it

And that's the difference now, while Dassault and Co are mainly studying upgrades for the MLU around 2025, the current real upgrades are not really big game changers. If we add IRST, HMS and SATCOM according to halloween, it changes the capabilities of the Rafale F3+ much more, than additional radar modes, or avionics upgrades in the F3R for systems that already exist. The RBE 2 AESA might be better then, just as SPECTRA jamming with GaN modules, but the way Rafale is used doesn't change,while a proper IRST channel and HMS does.

but EA/ESM version& spectra NG is for F3R version & i have said clearly before not all studies are for MLU some may be for F3R also

& yves (Halloweene) if he can post me the october issue of AIR FAN october 2014 issue then i can post you the entire program of F3R

the prevoius air international magazine issue on rafale F3R is insufficient report

IRST /HMS were part of the MMRCA deal from the very beginning it has nothing to do with what ever version india gets only satcom i cant say were part of the deal or not

but Additional radar modes /Spectra NG are more critcal than current one .

but the way Rafale is used doesn't change,
& now what does that mean??

ok whatever it may be
i like to tell you that those 2 things what i have stated is also critical why?
becoz one should keep future threats in mind

1) Chinese would be fielding AESA radar in their planes so having more powerful systems like SPECTRA NG would
be very helpful as current version might not be sufficent for aesa jamming

2)Chinese acquisation of long range SAM like S400 & simliar version of SAMs we need an EA version of RBE 2 aesa version so that rafale doesnt need external jamming pods to do such kind of tasks
meanwhile freeing additional weapon pods which would already have been filled up with 2/3 drop tanks in long range
mission to china
So It can carry it's weapon load 2 stand off cruise missile& 6 bvraams

Btw, the EF might get it's Captor E with EA capability (possibly even with GaN modules), the Brite Cloud active EM decoy by 2019 when the UK replace their specified SEAD Tornados and I wouldn't even be surprised if they can add DIRCM by then too.

again some over optimistic predications nothing else

1) Captor E with EA capabilty is for britain but we gonna fund it from our pockets to develop it for selves for extra EA capabilty
& it might not be inducted before 2020 for bright adder programme

& regarding GaN T/R modules on captor E plz dont swallow that Garbage chris pollock article on AIN online .com
as it is directly from horse's mouth i.e from consortium gruop brochure
http://s25.postimg.org/yw10vn1nz/E_captor_aesa_road_map.jpg

no where it is mentioned about GaN T/R modules on captor e future potential rather an important point of bistatic radar concept which is a promising thing agaisnt stealth target

2)brite cloud deal has not been signed yet but french have LEA program for that only

3)DIRCM by 2019
lollz
rather rafale's DDM NG is compatible with DIRCM but they have to develop a system separately for DIRCM on typhoon

Which would require a new evaluation of the capabilities that are on offer now for the new timefram, just as I would prefer it, but then the Rafale might not be the best choice anymore.

if india would evaluate everthing before it buys it then judging by the pace of indian evaluations anything which india
buys after evaluation would have become obsolete by that time :lol:

i know very well which other plane you are indirectly referring to would have been the best choice by that time in comparision to rafale

""let me make it very clear to you that other plane is a pile of economic mess nothing else obscured by a load of problems which you cant see ""

CHEERS

Last edited:
Dassault doesnt want to accept the gaurantee clause which says dasssault should give gaurantee on rafale's produced by HAL which is unaccpetable to them

That's their problem not ours, the RFP was clearly stated in 2007, if they couldn't accept that, they shouldn't have joined the tender, as simple as that. But that's not the issue, since they have no issue with HAL as they constantly say as well, it's just a matter of diverting workshare, nothing else.

IRST /HMS were part of the MMRCA deal from the very beginning it has nothing to do with what ever version india gets only satcom i cant say were part of the deal or not

That are required capabilities by us, but since they are neither in production, nor fully implemented, Dassault and Co only offers them to either divert them as part of the offsets or as a customization, but all of them comes at additional costs for us, not by Dassault or France. That's why the Rafale gets more capable with us selecting it and funding these upgrades, than by upgrading the already existing radar with some more modes or the performance of the existing jammers.

again some over optimistic predications nothing else

1) Captor E with EA capabilty is for britain but we gonna fund it from our pockets to develop it for selves for extra EA capabilty
& it might not be inducted before 2020 for bright adder programme

Wrong, it's funded and developed by the UK but available to the partners and we had the partnership on offer. That program was meant for the Tornado replacement and as a back up if the EF partners keeps delaying the AESA development and is not a new program.

no where it is mentioned about GaN T/R modules on captor e future potential rather an important point of bistatic radar concept which is a promising thing agaisnt stealth target

It doesn't even mention GaAs modules, so do you conclude that it doesn't even have them either? :disagree:
The idea of adding GaN was mentioned from several Euroradar / EF consortium officials, the issue is only when it will be added and at what costs? The point is, Captor E doesn't need GaN modules to have credible performance for detection, the size of the radar combined with the re-positioner makes even a GaAs based AESA more than capable and most likely superior to RBE 2 AESA. But since the UK and possibly some of the partners are aiming on using the radar for jamming too, GaN modules would give far more performance especially for the SEAD roles.
The early Captor E was always aimed on export customers, that's why the EF consortium offered even the premature version to the Saudis or us around 2015 and with cost-effective GaAs modules, while later versions for the upgrades of the partner EFs, were meant to be more capable and that's where GaN is meant to be included, depending on what the partners want at the end.

2)brite cloud deal has not been signed yet but french have LEA program for that only

There is no deal to be signed, since it's part of the Selex developments, which are not only on offer for the EF, but also for the Gripen, so it's not an EF specific upgrade while LEA is part of the Rafale EW upgrade.

3)DIRCM by 2019
lollz
rather rafale's DDM NG is compatible with DIRCM but they have to develop a system separately for DIRCM on typhoon

You might want to check for PIMAWS, not to mention that the compability of DDM NG to DRICM doesn't make it somehow available and so far it doesn't seems to be part of the F3R upgrade, which delayes that capability to the MLU upgrade as well.

i know very well which other plane you are indirectly referring to would have been the best choice by that time in comparision to rafale

Lol since there are only 2 fighters shortlisted, it shouldn't be that hard to understand it, besides that I showed the advantages of the coming EF upgrades several times here :D
The Rafale is the best fighter today and according the initial RFP time line, but will soon surpassed by EF in some areas and even completelly if the UK gets the partners to fund and integrate CFTs. Only the Rafale MLU will then bring new game changer capabilities again, but that's a decade away.

That are required capabilities by us, but since they are neither in production, nor fully implemented, Dassault and Co only offers them to either divert them as part of the offsets or as a customization, but all of them comes at additional costs for us, not by Dassault or France. That's why the Rafale gets more capable with us selecting it and funding these upgrades, than by upgrading the already existing radar with some more modes or the performance of the existing jammers.

thats wrong

becoz it was a part of MMRCA deal & FSO had iRST channel but FSO IT lacks IRST channel but upgraded TV channel/laser range finder
& rafale pilots had HMD available to them but that was not their priority

we dont need to fund extra at all as it part of deal & also no big deal to develop jointly with them & we have already made an aggreement to it

& one cannot compare the GaN tech potential of spectra NG & EA /ESM capabilty of rbe 2 aesa radar with that IRST /HMD capabilty in combat

Wrong, it's funded and developed by the UK but available to the partners and we had the partnership on offer. That program was meant for the Tornado replacement and as a back up if the EF partners keeps delaying the AESA development and is not a new program.

really !!
No it's not as no partner states are interested for EA capabilty of CAptor E other than Britain.They were even satisfied with Captor M & intially were reluctant also to invest in Captor E aesa radar
but to compete in international market & to face future threats they have to invest in Captor E aesa radar

yeah we have to fund on our own if we have select it which we wont be doing in RBE 2 aesa radar .

It doesn't even mention GaAs modules, so do you conclude that it doesn't even have them either? :disagree:
The idea of adding GaN was mentioned from several Euroradar / EF consortium officials, the issue is only when it will be added and at what costs? The point is, Captor E doesn't need GaN modules to have credible performance for detection, the size of the radar combined with the re-positioner makes even a GaAs based AESA more than capable and most likely superior to RBE 2 AESA.

gaAS tech TR modules.JPG

from
http://s25.postimg.org/yw10vn1nz/E_captor_aesa_road_map.jpg

& i am still sure even after posting that pic you still cant see about GaAS modules:lol:

NO where it is claimed by Euroradar / EF consortium officials, that it is going to have GaN t/r modules for it's radar as they know it's basic GaAS t/R modules can also give a better detection range than RBE 2 aesa radar due to larger radar aperature

it is for Rafale a must have tech for enhanced detection range & EA capability due to smaller radar aperature

There is no deal to be signed, since it's part of the Selex developments, which are not only on offer for the EF, but also for the Gripen, so it's not an EF specific upgrade while LEA is part of the Rafale EW upgrade.

actually my fault i didnt state it clearly in my prevoius post that it' for both typhoon /gripen .

BUt the fact selex is aggresively marketing for Gripen & it would have it

BUt typhoon it depends upon partners/ customers who want to have it or not as they already have TOWED decoys on their wing tips with releasable EM decoys but through fiber optic cable.

thats why i have stated it needs to be signed which partner wants it

You might want to check for PIMAWS, not to mention that the compability of DDM NG to DRICM doesn't make it somehow available and so far it doesn't seems to be part of the F3R upgrade, which delayes that capability to the MLU upgrade as well.
TYphoon rear based passive MAWs have DIRCM capability or not is no where avaiable in the net atleast i didnt find it or too lazy to find it whatever way you can take it

But if you have anyhting related to it plz post it (THanks in adavnce for that)

& yes DIRCM capabilty is not for F3R might be for MLU / or rafale NG but it is capable

Lol since there are only 2 fighters shortlisted, it shouldn't be that hard to understand it, besides that I showed the advantages of the coming EF upgrades several times here :D
The Rafale is the best fighter today and according the initial RFP time line, but will soon surpassed by EF in some areas and even completelly if the UK gets the partners to fund and integrate CFTs. Only the Rafale MLU will then bring new game changer capabilities again, but that's a decade away.

some adavantages of typhoon were there from very beginning it has nothing to do with tranches /upgrades

but some adavantages in capabilty would happen when they installed new systems but

"easiaer said than done"

what you see is the rosy picture from outside but inside after proper evaluations only one can assess those capabilties which might not be so rosy as you think

BTW CFTS also had issues with TYphoon & was published in net

i had also explained it quite well in IDF but yes you are not active nowadays on that forum so how would you know

CHEERS

Negotiations with Eurofighter would have taken far longer than it is taking for Rafale
because four countries are involved

And since Eurofighter had achieved export success in Saudi Arabia
they would have been less accommodative towards Indian demands

Negotiations with Eurofighter would have taken far longer than it is taking for Rafale

True.
Not to forget all are poodles of usa especially uk which is esentially a colony of usa

EXCLUSIVE: Specifically Why India's Rafale Deal Is Held Up

So, as I mentioned in my earlier post, sticking points in negotiations between Dassault Aviation and HAL remain the chief reason why a draft contract hasn't reached finality. There have been a few reports that point to general difficulties in negotiations between HAL and Dassault on liability for the 108 aircraft that the former will license build in Bangalore. What you probably haven't heard about are the specific stumbling blocks. There are basically three:

1. Responsibility for the 108 aircraft in terms of liability, damages and attendant clauses on access, inspection and post-manufacture testing. Dassault's concern is that HAL hasn't built up any of the fixed assets which the company feels would be the minimum requirement to begin discussing the modalities of the kind of liability HAL wants Dassault to take on for the jets built in India. With the last 60 aircraft to be as much as 90% 'Made in India',
  2. The ball is apparently in HAL's court, with Dassault telling the Cost Negotiation Committee (CNC) that it still awaits figures from HAL on the financial specifics of the liability it is seeking to transfer to Dassault. Dassault has asked HAL to clarify the specifics of any similar liability parameters in comparable deals like HAL's Su-30 MKI production line on license from Russia.
  3. Modalities of licensee/licensor and the manner in which the final agreement sets down their roles. Things are actually more contentious than most believe/report. Dassault has even flagged up issues with access to HAL's facilities.
Done and dusted clauses of the exhaustive contract cover pretty much all other aspects. The company's aversion for HAL manifested itself two years ago when it was revealed that Dassault wanted to built some of its aircraft with Reliance Industries' new defence business. With an irritated HAL putting its foot down and asserting itself as the principal production partner, the relationship between the two has been, well, uncertain at best. Both sides will be looking to new leadership at the MoD to get things moving.
LIVEFIST: EXCLUSIVE: Specifically Why India's Rafale Deal Is Held Up

thats wrong

becoz it was a part of MMRCA deal

Again, it was part of the "offer" for MMRCA, but since IRST is not in production anymore, it can be provided only by diverting the production to India and that causes additional costs, that's why the Samtel specboards only show FSO-IT but gives the IR channel as optional. Same goes for HMS, which is part of the "offer" but is not integrated, so causes additional costs if we want it.
Btw, that would had been 2 logical areas where the French should had included us in the F3R upgrade development, since we then could have jointly developed an upgraded IRST system or a joint HMS for both forces. For us the Topsight version that Samtel already produces might be the logical choice now, while the French forces prefered one of Sagem and won't buy the Topsight even if we fund the integration and production.

& one cannot compare the GaN tech potential of spectra NG & EA /ESM capabilty of rbe 2 aesa radar with that IRST /HMD capabilty in combat

Who is comparing them? I'm just stating that the one is an upgrade of an already existing capability, while the other adds a new capability and that's clearly preferable to make the fighter more capable.

but to compete in international market & to face future threats they have to invest in Captor E aesa radar

If that would had been the case, they would had funded the AESA for MMRCA years ago and not now when there is only very limited export potential left, so that's not the case. They funded the AESA development as planned in time for the EF T2 and T3 upgrade from 2018 onwards. That's why the partners didn't wanted to fund the AESA earlier, because they don't needed it earlier than 2019, since the EF with Captor M can use Meteor too and offers good performance anyway. Italy for example will replace SEAD capable Tornados by then too and they keep reducing their F35 orders just as the UK as well, which makes it more than likely that they gear their EFs for SEAD jointly with the UK again. Germany and Spain are seperate issues though, but then again, that doesn't matter for us, important was only, that if we went for the partnership, such techs could had been available for us too.

& i am still sure even after posting that pic you still cant see about GaAS modules:lol:

Well I logically looked at the marked part of that picture but as I already said, the GaAs in their early radar versions was clear and stated by officials too, since costs were meant to be kept low to attract exports. For the EA capability and the partner AESAs however that's another story and now with the AESA funded in general, the rest is only an upgrade, adding additional capabilities, replacing GaAs modules with GaN, just like the SPECTRA jammers will be upgraded too.

BUt typhoon it depends upon partners/ customers who want to have it or not as they already have TOWED decoys on their wing tips with releasable EM decoys but through fiber optic cable.

Brite Cloud will replace the towed decoy system, because it's more effective since you have several decoys and more secure, since the decoy act separately of the fighter itself. So it's just the next logical upgrade of that system. But as said, it's not developed specifically for the EF, contrary to Rafales upgrades.

TYphoon rear based passive MAWs have DIRCM capability or not is no where avaiable in the net

PIMAWS is not radar based but IR similar to DDM NG, the older links that I saved doesn't work anymore, but you can read the infos here too:

www.portierramaryaire.com • Ver Tema - EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon

And it stated DIRCM capability as well.

BTW CFTS also had issues with TYphoon & was published in net

That needs to be seen, but that still doesn't change the fact that the EF then will offer the same range of operations like the Rafale, which today is one of the key disadvantages (just a single 1000l fuel tank in CM strikes). Moreover, it will be able to replace all 3 external fuel tanks with CFTs only, no matter in which role, while the capacity of Rafales CFTs allows only the replacement of the supersonic fuel tanks in A2A roles, but it A2G it always needs to add a fuel tank again. The EF with CFTs will simply be fully multi role capable, since that's the only way to counter it's design flaws, but when that's done, it's increases the capabilities by far.

I think it's the other way around, since it's not the 4 countries we have to negotiate with, but with the consortium companies Airbus, BAE... and they are far bigger than Dassault and have already existing links in India. BAE for example surely would benefit from the industrial links and experience it already has with HAL and the HAWK production. Airbus has JVs with many Indian privat partners, Rolls Royce with HAL..., so they might had needed less time than Dassault and Co to comply to the offset requirements.
Moreover, the simple fact that they wanted to make us a partner contrary to the export customer status that Dassault gives us, clearly shows the different in regard of India. Not to mention that a deal with us, would had saved the partner countries a lot of money, since we basically had taken over their T3B orders and now they have to pay penalities the around 120 fighters they cancelled.
If they had played it smarter, they could had sealed the deal, especially now after the elections, but now it might be too late.

Again, it was part of the "offer" for MMRCA, but since IRST is not in production anymore, it can be provided only by diverting the production to India and that causes additional costs, that's why the Samtel specboards only show FSO-IT but gives the IR channel as optional. Same goes for HMS, which is part of the "offer" but is not integrated, so causes additional costs if we want it.
Btw, that would had been 2 logical areas where the French should had included us in the F3R upgrade development, since we then could have jointly developed an upgraded IRST system or a joint HMS for both forces. For us the Topsight version that Samtel already produces might be the logical choice now, while the French forces prefered one of Sagem and won't buy the Topsight even if we fund the integration and production.
Those 2 things costs should be included within that deal itself .If extra costs is applied that would be minimal .

why are you portraying such things to be so out of world things that is going to be integrated in rafale that gonna cost us so much that price of rafale would have been half if those things would have not been integrated at all.:lol:

BTW Halloweene had stated before HMD have been integrated recently most probably for export market in air fan magazine issue

& also if India & france team up to build next gen IRST (QWIP based) according to PIC oil of IDF then that good for
india as it would be installed in all future planes which includes FFGA/LCA mark 2 so long run it gonna be profitable for us.

Who is comparing them? I'm just stating that the one is an upgrade of an already existing capability, while the other adds a new capability and that's clearly preferable to make the fighter more capable.

SPECTRA NG & EA/ESM version of RBE 2 aesa radar= upgrade of an already existing capabilty

& meanwhile
IRST & HMD =New capability & more capable

Pffft!!!

why??

ans
1)french in FSO IT deliberatly removed IRST due to obsolensce & also ideal range of IRST was 80-90km at best as i dont beleive those claims of 130km which looks absurd

meanwhile they upgraded FSO tV range to 60-65km & omitted IRST channel

so what new capabilty i just cant understand

2)Topsight helmet lacks voice command unlike Typhoon HMSS which would have added an enhanced capabilty but not in case of topsight

meanwhile

SPECTRA NG with GaN modules would give enhanced jamming & improved passive detection compare to prevoius
SPectra which would very crucial against AESA radar based aerial threats in future combat

&
EA / ESM version of RBE 2 aesaa radar is not a mere upgrade to existing capabilty at all.

rather it would be crucial for future SEAD mission agaisnt a high threat future enemys

If that would had been the case, they would had funded the AESA for MMRCA years ago and not now when there is only very limited export potential left, so that's not the case. They funded the AESA development as planned in time for the EF T2 and T3 upgrade from 2018 onwards.
& that was their mistake & mis management from their side as RBE 2 aesa radar / air to ground capabilty give the
rafale clear edge of typhoon in MMRCA as who would have waited for 2018 to have those capabilty

which even JOn lake also admitted .

& saudis have clearly stated that next block of typhoon should have aesa radar , so do OMAN!!

& once they have operational aesa radar /A-G capabi;ty their export potential would enhance further

Well I logically looked at the marked part of that picture but as I already said, the GaAs in their early radar versions was clear and stated by officials too, since costs were meant to be kept low to attract exports. For the EA capability and the partner AESAs however that's another story and now with the AESA funded in general, the rest is only an upgrade, adding additional capabilities, replacing GaAs modules with GaN, just like the SPECTRA jammers will be upgraded too.

well how can someone expect GaAS tech to be mentioned in future potential of an aesa radar as even basic aesa radar nowadays have GaAs tech!!

Brite Cloud will replace the towed decoy system, because it's more effective since you have several decoys and more secure, since the decoy act separately of the fighter itself. So it's just the next logical upgrade of that system. But as said, it's not developed specifically for the EF, contrary to Rafales upgrades.
no !!

it wont replace but might be used in addition to it .

i have asked many members about it

PIMAWS is not radar based but IR similar to DDM NG,

as if i had said it is radar based in my previous post :lol:
passive MAWS by default someone should intepret IR based maws

the older links that I saved doesn't work anymore, but you can read the infos here too:

www.portierramaryaire.com • Ver Tema - EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon

And it stated DIRCM capability as well.

yeah the pdf link in that post is not working
But anyways thanks for the effort though

but still not sure this thing or something else might be integrated , though tranche 3 is suppose to installed with rear based passive maws.

That needs to be seen, but that still doesn't change the fact that the EF then will offer the same range of operations like the Rafale, which today is one of the key disadvantages (just a single 1000l fuel tank in CM strikes). Moreover, it will be able to replace all 3 external fuel tanks with CFTs only, no matter in which role, while the capacity of Rafales CFTs allows only the replacement of the supersonic fuel tanks in A2A roles, but it A2G it always needs to add a fuel tank again. The EF with CFTs will simply be fully multi role capable, since that's the only way to counter it's design flaws, but when that's done, it's increases the capabilities by far.

i didnt get this point at all plz clarify that part

CHEERS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom