What's new

Defence.pk hit by DoS attacks after GoI list leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page badlo post

Ya even I am missing it.

Suddenly I got Page 404 not found message also.

Thanks Asim and Webby.

It is good to see you guys standing for fairness and equality in trying to ensure the freedom to speak and in fighting against cnsorship of any kind.

I hope after this fracas is over, we would all have become slightly wiser about what we are doing here, who and what we represent, and the impact what we say and do here can have.

It is a sobering thought.

Scary thought as well.

I hope you will also reconsider forms of censorship you have been also cultivating and promoting here on PDF.

Censorship which oftentimes crosses the boundary of being a Pakistani view to a Pakistani STATE view.

If you say this is a platform for open debate with each participant on a level playing field, then recognize that there will be views and beliefs diametrically oposite to yours and that of your state's.

It is ok for a Pakistani or the Pakistani state to believe that the Kashmir insurgency is a legitimate war, and Kashmiri jihadist terrorists are legitimate combatants or freedom fighters.

But it is not necessary for an Indian nor the Indian state to endorse that view of yours.

So when you clamp down on topics and the wording/terminology therein to change it to conform to your viewpoint, you are imposing censorship on a sizeable population of your membership to whom you want to offer a level playing field.

In effect the playing field is not level anymore, and your views start closely endorsing those of your state.

In such a situation, directly or indirectly guys, you are doing no different to what you stand against or suffer from over the past few days - STATE CENSORSHIP.

Please also reconsider who can or cannot post on certain forums like the Kashmir forum.

There will come along guys who are perfectly capable of making a coherent argument, offer a valuable alternate viewpoint, and participate constructively in the debate.

To expect them to accumulate 8000 posts before they can do so is a form of QUOTA system.

It breeds flippant discourse and useless one liner posts.

It diminishes the grade of discussion everywhere else, so that you may churn the cream from the milk for a single section.

And it frankly smacks of RESERVATION and SARKARI SENIORITY (TENURE) over what you should actually be having - a free and open discourse with the likes of Agnostic Muslim quoting reams of UN Charters to the shock and awe of those reading in.

Thanks for your patience.

About Kashmir.

We adopt only a neutral standpoint to ensure there is some degree of civility in discussions.

We have often clamped down on Indians insisting to call Kashmiri freedom fighters as terrorists or the other favorite - pigs. Flip this to the Pakistani point of view and they'll have even more colorful language to say about Indian army officers. At one point Indian army was routinely referred to as terrorists on this forum - we have put an end to that through our policy on Kashmir. Use official terms is all that we're asking. We don't force you to call them Kashmiri freedom fighters, but we do ask you to call them Kashmiri separatists (a neutral non revering word). Otherwise EVERY discussion would just sit on the use of the words. We devised this policy after years and years of experience. You don't know how the internet debates work, we know them, this is also just for the sanity of debating. For civility. Its not an enforcement of our own views upon you.

You can't say P O K. We ask you to just use the official name AJK. Same as you can't use the I H K for the Indian controlled side, we ask you to use the official J&K.

We thought about all that you're stating, debated on it in detail and came up with middle grounds to ensure the debates move forward. You call Kashmiri separatists as terrorists you won't go beyond post 1. You call Indian army as terrorists and the same would happen here too. So we enforce the use of a term - a neutral term for Separatists and Soldiers. But its not limited to just that we enforce neutral terms in all cases where there is a chance of a silly name calling fight. That's not what this forum is for.

Explained here:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/announcements/78490-policy-libel-kashmir-related.html

About Kashmir.

We adopt only a neutral standpoint to ensure there is some degree of civility in discussions.

We have often clamped down on Indians insisting to call Kashmiri freedom fighters as terrorists or the other favorite - pigs. Flip this to the Pakistani point of view and they'll have even more colorful language to say about Indian army officers. At one point Indian army was routinely referred to as terrorists on this forum - we have put an end to that through our policy on Kashmir. Use official terms is all that we're asking. We don't force you to call them Kashmiri freedom fighters, but we do ask you to call them Kashmiri separatists (a neutral non revering word). Otherwise EVERY discussion would just sit on the use of the words. We devised this policy after years and years of experience. You don't know how the internet debates work, we know them, this is also just for the sanity of debating. For civility. Its not an enforcement of our own views upon you.

You can't say P O K. We ask you to just use the official name AJK. Same as you can't use the I H K for the Indian controlled side, we ask you to use the official J&K.

We thought about all that you're stating, debated on it in detail and came up with middle grounds to ensure the debates move forward. You call Kashmiri separatists as terrorists you won't go beyond post 1. You call Indian army as terrorists and the same would happen here too. So we enforce the use of a term - a neutral term for Separatists and Soldiers. But its not limited to just that we enforce neutral terms in all cases where there is a chance of a silly name calling fight. That's not what this forum is for.

Explained here:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/announcements/78490-policy-libel-kashmir-related.html

My points:

1. Why change avatar saying that Its against Govt. of India's censorship policies when Govt. of Pakistan also do it and Govt. of China tops the world in it.

Why not against chinese censorship if this is all setup is not targeted against India.

2. Why deletes Baluchistan news threads other then supporting establishment point of views.

The site is acting weird ever since it got blocked.
The big brother is quietly watching.

Apology

In retrospect, after giving it some thought away from the heat of the charged moment, I believe I was unfair to the forum , its admins , those who spend their own time to voluntarily run it , and all the members regardless of their race, religion or nationality who spend their own time and contribute here to make this comunity what it is , by voicing my moral dilemma about being an Indian and continuing being here.

The dilemma was and is real.

But this was not the place to voice it.

Please accept my unconditional apology for the same.

Yes i agree with you, these kinda attacks are totally unfair .....

@asim:unless you got proof don't blame GoI....there are plenty crazy idiots around us..... coming to banning or censoring sites ; i believe it is temporary act, to avoid further damage... we will condemn such kinda attacks from any one, but make sure members over here to not cross the limit...including me...

request to admins: please try to take serious action against such insulting or fun making thread openers or posters..... don't allow hatred threads..... I am sharing my personal view, when i joined in this forum, I find better values which are downgrading now a days....

@asim:unless you got proof don't blame GoI...
I didn't blame GoI.

It could be anyone, I only offered to help GoI, that the next time they have an issue, please contact us and we'll honor a valid legal request from India.

request to admins: please try to take serious action against such insulting or fun making thread openers or posters..... don't allow hatred threads..... I am sharing my personal view, when i joined in this forum, I find better values which are downgrading now a days....
There is always room for improvement and we'll continue to improve ourselves in these efforts.

1. Why change avatar saying that Its against Govt. of India's censorship policies when Govt. of Pakistan also do it and Govt. of China tops the world in it.
That is my own personal expression - I've done this a lot more times for Pakistan too.

Why not against chinese censorship if this is all setup is not targeted against India.
I personally would not have butted into an internal affair of India if it would not have put my organization's name on a list and it would not have become a high profile incident.

2. Why deletes Baluchistan news threads other then supporting establishment point of views.

There are many threads on Balochistan. Some violent terrorist supporting sites however are banned.

I don't see PDF crashing again, and it is moving faster during the last few days

I am already in a PSU so it wouldn't be tough for me to point out to correct people about Pakistani websites.

I think you should perform a public duty and point out to 'correct people' about Pakistani websites. Don't forget to mention your own participation - unless, like a certain Lt. Col. claimed recently, you are participating under orders.

At least the DoS attack seems to be over - for now.

I'd say not beneath the Indian government after we saw what they did to the journo who changed the lions on the Indian emblem with wolves. What say thee :azn:

I'd say not beneath the Indian government after we saw what they did to the journo who changed the lions on the Indian emblem with wolves. What say thee :azn:

Whatever was done to that juorno, at least he did not turn up dead in a ditch like most Pakistani journalists do when they write about ISI or Pakistani Army...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom