What's new

Delhiwala: Which Pak city is cooler – Lahore or Karachi

Karachi is a unique city not only in Pakistan but in whole SouthAsia, it has a diverse population from many countries(including some european countries like poland,armenia etc). One more special thing of Karachi is it's delicious food, all kind of food from the world can be found here. The city has it's own life & charm, every person who have live in Karachi for 1 year will know what i mean, no one can explain it.

Lahore is great city, no doubt for that, but Lahore or even any other city of entire South Asia can never beat Karachi anytime.

About Islamabad it is very beutiful city but no soul no life, a very quiet city & people busy in their own life. It is more likely European type city.

But in the end i love my whole motherland Pakistan.:smitten::pakistan:

This is where Bombay beats the Rest of South Asia by Miles!

Karachi is quite similar to Mumbai in many aspects. Cosmopolitian Nature, A Passion for the city by its Dwellers, Highest Per Capita Income, Value for Time, Discipline, Respect for all Attitude, Night Life. Glamour

Infact, I consider Karachi to be the sister city of Mumbai.

Lahore comes with the same typical Racist Male Chaviunistic Attitude of the People of the Norh Part of the Subcontinent.(Same like Delhi:D)

Karachi wins handsdown.

Karachi pays 60% of the tax of Pakistan.

Infact Lahore runs at the Mercy of Karachi. :lol:

So are we discussing girls or cities here? :yahoo:
Karachi is the best because it's my city!:bounce:

you can't compare a city of gardens and culture/art/music/etc. to a urban financial center/metropolis & port city

it's a ridiculous comparison because they are so different in many ways........Karachi is a huge city of 18 million.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

This is where Bombay beats the Rest of South Asia by Miles!

Karachi is quite similar to Mumbai in many aspects. Cosmopolitian Nature, A Passion for the city by its Dwellers, Highest Per Capita Income, Value for Time, Discipline, Respect for all Attitude, Night Life. Glamour

Infact, I consider Karachi to be the sister city of Mumbai.

Lahore comes with the same typical Racist Male Chaviunistic Attitude of the People of the Norh Part of the Subcontinent.(Same like Delhi:D)

Karachi wins handsdown.

Karachi pays 60% of the tax of Pakistan.

Infact Lahore runs at the Mercy of Karachi. :lol:

uhhh, have you even been to either city? I don't know how someone who's never even been to Pakistan can come to such a conclusion with such 'conviction'

and i also think its silly to 'group' cities together. Karachi is Karachi and Lahore is Lahore.

Lahore because there is no killing spree going on there

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

I'll second that - girls are prettier and sexier in lahore:tup:

also heavier than karachi girls :wub:

well can't compare apples to oranges i guess; Karachi is a huuuge city, 18 million people; there are new encroachments of land where some unfavourable elements use it to engage in nefarious activities.....actually, same is the case in parts of the twin cities

in terms of fewest untoward incidents, obviously Islamabad would take the title; being the federal capital of the country, it makes sense. The police in Islamabad and even Lahore are a lot better at their jobs than in other cities.

in Karachi's case, the police failed to stop the tit-for-tat killings; the Rangers were also slow to act, though they are bound by certain restrictions and RoEs which hinder them from doing their jobs.

i would say Karachi situation is dangerous simply b/c it is the political parties themselves who are actively behind the violence that took place --even during Holy Month of Ramazan.

in terms of frequency of recurring violence, Karachi unfortunately was the worst this year; worse than even N/S Waziristan. People keep using the name Waziristan but in actuality, of all the other tribal agencies it is one of the less turbulent ones ---contrary to belief. The populations there are so small, as much of it is hardly even inhabitable.

setting aside the Cliftons and Defences, both cities of Lahore and Karachi have their fair share of hidden treasures. They are both very important cities in the country as well. Hard to quantify the ''coolness'' factor because they are just so different

Bullcrap, typical looser baniyan indian talk. And tell me, whats so special about North part, apart from that the people are whiter skinned & richer, so where the rascism?

But due to the sad security situation, Many corporate businesses and Media hubs have started moving out of Karachi for good, its become the next battle for hunting human beings. Personally, I donot want Karachi businesses moving to Lahore, simply Lahore is already filled to its throat and donot need more internal migration. Best to stay where they are or choose other places to shift.

I'll second that - girls are prettier and sexier in lahore:tup:

Karachi can hold its ground though, bro!

i've been there only 3 or 4 times....each time, saw many pretty faces. Hard to tell though who is 100% local versus who are settlers and/or those offspring of settlers.

Karachi wins hands down! So it may be violent but most major cities with a big and diverse population have that issue (New York,Rio de Janeiro, Los Angeles, Manila, etc)

Its definitely the most unique and cosmopolitan city in Pakistan!

Sadly only Karachi and Lahore r worth the comparison

in the entire state of Pakistan not 1 City can be contender apart from these 2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom