What's new

DELL or ASUS laptop ???

I have owned top of the line sony vaio, macbook pro's and hp as well.

Man nothing worked better than that 500 buck asus, you buy dell you'll regret it within a year.

im honestly starting to consider this as a rival to the n56vz :tup: , now i need some help on this !!!!!!!!! :)

I told you before, 2GB doesnt mean sh!t. Can you tell if it's a 128/196 or 256 bit bus with that 2GB? Do you know if it's a gddr3 or gddr5?

can you please elaborate the graphic card because, what im seeing here is that both are having ddr3 ram the only difference is GT740 is 2GB and the GT650 is 4GB :undecided: kindly tell me where im missing ?!?!?!?! and do shine light on it please :)

DELL servicing is superb. Its just excellent . Dunno about in Pakistan. But my lap is war torned DELL Studio and trust me its still working fine for past 4 years :D

Memory serves i had bad experience with dell when indian guys were on the line from technical and customer services don't mind. If i tell you dell studio series had the worst track record just google dell studio 1558 over heating and you'll see the largest complaints on the earth.

I used to be HP fan i'm not much of a fan anymore but still i would prefer hp over dell even though hp has their own BSOD hardware related problems.

1- Lenovo - Thinkpad series only not any other series Expensive
2- Asus or Samsung [sammy expensive]
3- HP
4- Sony [battery problems and bulky believe me you'll be shocked but sony is not the sony we knew]
5. 6...........don't even look further

Brand conscious people usually buy Apple products.

I am brand conscious and torture computers till their demise that's why I would not go close to apple products...controlling devices are not for me I like to go boldly where no one apple user has gone before.;)

Apple product nice looking but heating issues due to focus on aesthetics and controlled OS.

ok fine so 2gb and 4 gb no big deal !!! but u may have observed in the asus link (official website) that its 2/4 GB means either but the model no. remains the same ?!?!?!?!?!

740M is higher in the benchmark but close to 650 thts where im confused maybe its the 2GB 650 which is considered

i used GTA V as an example because its the new HIGH END game which is yet to be released so dont take on ur heart :)

I understand that Samsung is new and good at the same time. But my purpose is gaming :)
any high end models in ur sight would help :)

high end meaning it's programmed badly :P not that it has better gfx

im honestly starting to consider this as a rival to the n56vz :tup: , now i need some help on this !!!!!!!!! :)

can you please elaborate the graphic card because, what im seeing here is that both are having ddr3 ram the only difference is GT740 is 2GB and the GT650 is 4GB :undecided: kindly tell me where im missing ?!?!?!?! and do shine light on it please :)

you are mixing system ram with GPU ram

well I'm not aware of the new spec of n56vz but last year I was deciding between that and Lenovo Y580 and it had 196bit GPU with GDDR3 mem not 128bit one with GDDR5 and it was the turn off for me and at last I took Lenovo y580

you are mixing system ram with GPU ram

well I'm not aware of the new spec of n56vz but last year I was deciding between that and Lenovo Y580 and it had 196bit GPU with GDDR3 mem not 128bit one with GDDR5 and it was the turn off for me and at last I took Lenovo y580

what im getting in the n56vz is i7,8gb ram, 4GB Graphics, 1tb hdd,backlit keyboard, HD cam,3.0 usb, the woofer and all the basic stuff

now ive read alot of reviews on the n56vz every one of them said its amazing the only apparent drawback was the high temp on the fans location rest all is barely affected (locations where i keep my hands) :)

heres something Review Asus N56VZ-S4044V Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews
@JEskandari dude i just saw ur lenovos reviews even that overheated !!!!! tell me is the heating excessive like as in PRETTY HOT TO CONTROL or is it fine ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Memory serves i had bad experience with dell when indian guys were on the line from technical and customer services don't mind. If i tell you dell studio series had the worst track record just google dell studio 1558 over heating and you'll see the largest complaints on the earth.

I used to be HP fan i'm not much of a fan anymore but still i would prefer hp over dell even though hp has their own BSOD hardware related problems.

1- Lenovo - Thinkpad series only not any other series Expensive
2- Asus or Samsung [sammy expensive]
3- HP
4- Sony [battery problems and bulky believe me you'll be shocked but sony is not the sony we knew]
5. 6...........don't even look further

Had my own problems with dell studio. It had complaints regarding Dvd drive... Yet, they changed freely 3 times for me, without actually charging. Yes, it has over heating too.
Dell studio had problems, but luckily mine was ok. But the other series of Dell, fine and good.
But HP, too much damn over heating.

what im getting in the n56vz is i7,8gb ram, 4GB Graphics, 1tb hdd,backlit keyboard, HD cam,3.0 usb, the woofer and all the basic stuff

now ive read alot of reviews on the n56vz every one of them said its amazing the only apparent drawback was the high temp on the fans location rest all is barely affected (locations where i keep my hands) :)

heres something Review Asus N56VZ-S4044V Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews
@JEskandari dude i just saw ur lenovos reviews even that overheated !!!!! tell me is the heating excessive like as in PRETTY HOT TO CONTROL or is it fine ??

mine at the first did over heat , but it turn out that it was just a bad heat-sink mounting and send it to the guaranty never had anymore overheat even when I do a torture test , while before that it easily passed 100 and turtle down now it pass the must extensive test and never past 70.
the good thing is it very effectively control the heat that you can put it on your lap without fearing of becoming sterile.
but the bad thing is that instead of a good modern Dual-Band wireless LAN they opted or Intel n-2200 (the best thing I can tell about it is Being just crappy) and sadly you can't change it unless you also change the BIOS to a modded one that eliminate the white-list for Wireless LAN Cards (something you expected from Apple not Lenovo)

Last edited by a moderator:
mine at the first did over heat , but it turn out that it was just a bad heat-sink mounting and send it to the guaranty never had anymore overheat even when I do a torture test , while before that it easily passed 100 and turtle down now it pass the must extensive test and never past 70.
the good thing is it very effectively control the heat that you can put it on your lap without fearing of becoming sterile.
but the bad thing is that instead of a good modern Dual-Band wireless LAN they opted or Intel n-2200 (the best thing I can tell about it is Being just crappy) and sadly you can't change it unless you also change the BIOS to a modded one that eliminate the white-list for Wireless LAN Cards (something you expected from Apple not Lenovo)

can u kindly go through this review and let me know wrt temp. like is it excessively high or acceptable

heres the link Review Asus N56VZ-S4044V Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

45 degrees under load is very good,this notebook is very well cooled nothing to worry about here

can u kindly go through this review and let me know wrt temp. like is it excessively high or acceptable

heres the link Review Asus N56VZ-S4044V Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews
I say don't worry about those temps they are pretty good for a laptop of such calibre

45 degrees under load is very good,this notebook is very well cooled nothing to worry about here
those are external temp not internal one , but yes its a very well cooled laptop , specially that Asus have a propriety technology that keep laptop at the places you put your wrist on cooler than the rest of it so the heat won't annoy you while working

Thank you every one for your time i guess now the decision is 90% towards the asus n-56vz :cheers:

ill let u all know when i purchase it :tup:

specially that Asus have a propriety technology that keep laptop at the places you put your wrist on cooler than the rest of it so the heat won't annoy you while working
my cousin bought a asus laptpo with i5 and nvidia gt 630 in it and even while gaming the laptops external regions were very cool,but my samsung laptop while running the same game gets heated up quickly at its under side near to where the processor is so that i have to put it on the table,but all the asus notebooks have ICECOOL technology which keeps its body much cooler,so i prefer asus for gaming purposes

I have had several dell laptops and currently have a latitude 6430 running Windows Ultimate with i7, 8 gig RAM, 480 Corsiar SSD and have had zero problems. I also work with people all over the world using similar laptops and while no laptop line is immune to problems Dells customization, warranty, and service support makes it the best. just make sure you don't skimp on the service warranty.

Back
Top Bottom