What's new

Deoband fatwa: It's illegal for women to work, support family

Yeah but our government and intelligence and armed forces does not condone their activities and fund them to be used as non-state actors later. When we learn of any illegal activities on the part of any extermist group we boot them out. But that's off topic so lets stick to the discussion on hand

People who are perceived as 'knowledgeable' have a responsibility to be mindful of what they say or write.

If you or I suggest some business regulation, nobody will pay attention. If an economics professor at Wharton or LSE says something, people will take it more seriously.

I think you have got a point here, but at the same time, we criticize these people(mullahs/scholars) and take them seriousely as well. I think we muslims seriousely lack meaningful and true scholars.

Show me one global or even regional terrorist group from India.

Gladly:

Katiyar demands ban on Darul Uloom Deoband - Express India

He added that the eighth report of the ARC, headed by senior Congress leader Veerapaa Moily, had stated in section 3.5.1 that “Mohammad Masood Azhar Alvi arrived in India with the task of working out a reconciliation between the cardres of the Harkat Mujahiddin and Harkat-ul Jehad Islami, whose parent organisations had merged to form the Harkat-ul-Ansar. His main objective was to liberate Kashmir from Indian rule and to establish Islamic rule in Kashmir. He also interacted extensively with the leading figures of the Deoband Ulema”.

These events had wide implications. In apparent revenge for the Babri mosque’s demolition, Mumbai mafia don Dawood Ibrahim planned bombings in Mumbai on 12 March 1993 that killed 257 people. Aided by criminal networks, terror organisations in Pakistan and Bangladesh – including Lashkar-e-Tayiba (LeT), the Jaysh-e-Mohammad and the Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami – began recruiting Indian Muslim extremists to help carry out terror attacks in India, for the first time outside the state of Jammu & Kashmir. On 11 July 2006, bombs on trains in Mumbai killed 187 people. The attack was blamed on the Pakistan-based LeT, but some radicalised Indian Muslim supporters provided significant help.

http://www.iiss.org/publications/st...15-issue-3/islamic-extremism-in-india/page-2/

Several Indian Muslim organisations have conducted jihadi terror campaigns:
Al-Umma, formed in the southern state of Kerala, has carried out terror acts in southern India. Leader Syed Ahmed Basha was sentenced to life imprisonment in 2007. The organisation was banned and is now believed defunct.
The long-standing Deendar Anjuman (‘religious association’) Sufi sect became radicalised after the Babri mosque demolition. After a bombing campaign in 2000 (see table) it was banned.
The Students’ Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) was established in Uttar Pradesh. Becoming increasingly radicalised, it has repeatedly been banned over the past eight years. Its chief, Safdar Nagori, a 39-year-old mechanical- engineer-cum-journalist, was arrested in 2008. SIMI has had alleged links with the LeT. Before being banned, it was reported to have 400 full-time cadres and 20,000 members below the age of 30.
The Indian Mujahideen (IM) is the most active, claiming responsibility for several deadly bombings since 2006. After five near-simultaneous blasts at courts in Uttar Pradesh in November 2007, it sent an email to television stations protesting ‘violence against Muslims’, mentioning the destruction of the Babri mosque and the Gujarat riots. Following attacks in Jaipur in May 2008, it sent an email with a video of a bicycle used in a bombing. The message expressed anger against ‘infidel’ Hindus, said the group aimed to destroy India’s economic and social structure, and threatened Britons and Americans with suicide attacks.

IM operatives were thought to have provided logistical and operational support to the LeT in the 2006 Mumbai train bombings. Two IM members already in custody, Faheem Ansari and Sabauddin Ahmed, have also been charged with carrying out recon-naissance for, and providing maps to, the LeT for the November 2008 Mumbai attacks. IM members are typically young, educated, technologically savvy and ideologically driven. Most have no police record. The reported leader is 36-year-old Abdul Subhan Usman Qureshi, a soft-ware engineer. Co-founder Mohammed Sadiq Israr Ahmed Sheikh, a mechanic, was arrested in September 2008.
‘IM operatives were thought to have helped the LeT in the 2006 Mumbai train bombings and last year’s Mumbai attacks. Members are typically young, educated, technologically savvy and ideologically driven’
Although Indian Muslims appear disinclined to support pan-Islamic jihadist ideology, al-Qaeda appears to be paying greater attention to India in its public statements. In February 2009, a senior al-Qaeda commander based in Afghanistan, Mustapha Abu al-Yazid, threatened India with ‘Mumbai-style’ terrorism if ever it attacked Pakistan.

Several terror attacks abroad have involved Indians. Kafeel Ahmed, an engineer from Bangalore, died attempting to car-bomb Glasgow Airport in June 2007. Roshan Jamal Khan, a Mumbai businessman, was arrested in Barcelona in January 2008 and charged with being a member of a terror group and possessing explosives. His trial is expected soon. In 2006, Dhiren Barot, an Indian-born Briton who converted from Hinduism to Islam, was convicted in the UK of conspiracy to commit murder and sentenced to 30 years in prison. Haroon Rashid Aswat, a Briton of Indian origin, was a confidant of radical Finsbury Park mosque cleric Abu Hamza, and is in jail awaiting extradition to the United States for trial.

http://www.security-risks.com/index.php?file=show_keyissue&kid=92

New trends in terror emerge with arrest of suspects from Karnataka, terrorist camps in the state and spread of network targeting Mumbai and Goa.
Islamic Madrasas Association, Darul Uloom Deoband proscribes terrorism but also speaks against targeting youth from madrassa. Impact of the ban is however limited as Kashmiri terror groups dismiss it.
Uttar Pradesh claims arrest of terrorists involved in Rampur suicide blasts, investigations in progress.
Ban on SIMI extended for two more years. Likely to be challenged in the court. However activities and network indicates that ban is sustainable.
Need for building counter terror capabilities of the police in tourist spots such as Goa was underlined with indications of possible attacks during the busy winter tourist season.
Regional exclusivism by narrow chauvinists in Mumbai and popular anger against the Sixth Schedule and Subhash Gheishing in Darjeeling leads to bandhs, strikes and isolated cases of violence

i dont know why you posted that to me, cuz india vs pakistan is the least of my interest. it is all about muslims, the muslim scholars and their behaviour, be it in india, afghanistan, pakistan, iran etc. This deobandi thing is nothing new and goes back to the time when the sub continent was one.

Read my post again and reply accordingly!

Read the quotes I've given below the links in my posts, & read the names of the Indians implicated in domestic and international terrorist attacks. I shouldn't be spoon feeding you everything you know.

Read the quotes I've given below the links in my posts, & read the names of the Indians implicated in domestic and international terrorist attacks. I shouldn't be spoon feeding you everything you know.

Read it again. I said regional or global terror groups, not some individual terrorists or some small local groups.

This is only a small piece of the total details:

Several terror attacks abroad have involved Indians. Kafeel Ahmed, an engineer from Bangalore, died attempting to car-bomb Glasgow Airport in June 2007. Roshan Jamal Khan, a Mumbai businessman, was arrested in Barcelona in January 2008 and charged with being a member of a terror group and possessing explosives. His trial is expected soon. In 2006, Dhiren Barot, an Indian-born Briton who converted from Hinduism to Islam, was convicted in the UK of conspiracy to commit murder and sentenced to 30 years in prison. Haroon Rashid Aswat, a Briton of Indian origin, was a confidant of radical Finsbury Park mosque cleric Abu Hamza, and is in jail awaiting extradition to the United States for trial.

I think you have got a point here, but at the same time, we criticize these people(mullahs/scholars) and take them seriousely as well. I think we muslims seriousely lack meaningful and true scholars.

Well, I am not an expert on Islam but I know that in certain sects of Islam (Bohra, Aga Khani, etc.) there is exactly one person who is considered the head of the religion and the direct representative of the (hidden) Imam. That's Imam with a capital 'I', as in the continuation of Imam Hasan, Hussein, etc.

You clearly do not understand the basic point that is being made here. The point is, that Dar Uloom Deoband provides the extremist ideology to extremist groups and certain individuals that cause mayhem in the entire region. India is the root of extremism in the region. Other groups only compound on it. It's like Dar Uloom Deoband provides the bullets for shooters to fill their guns and kill people, they don't kill others themselves or shoot anyone. It doesn't matter if a group is responsible for terrorist activities, or an individual is. However, you need to look at the source that provides the extremism.

Well, I am not an expert on Islam but I know that in certain sects of Islam (Bohra, Aga Khani, etc.) there is exactly one person who is considered the head of the religion and the direct representative of the (hidden) Imam. That's Imam with a capital 'I', as in the continuation of Imam Hasan, Hussein, etc.

i think that is mostly with the Ismaili Shias, maybe Jafari Shias have the same thing. But deobandi guys are all sunnis if i am not wrong(maybe Hanafi?)

You clearly do not understand the basic point that is being made here. The point is, that Dar Uloom Deoband provides the extremist ideology to extremist groups and certain individuals that cause mayhem in the entire region. India is the root of all extremism in the region. Other groups only compound on it. It's like Dar Uloom Deoband provides the bullets for shooters to fill their guns and kill people, they don't kill others themselves or shoot anyone. It doesn't matter if a group is responsible for terrorist activities, or an individual is. However, you need to look at the source that provides the extremism.

And what is the source of that extremist ideology?

That is the real question.

Back
Top Bottom