What's new

Depressing State of Pakistani Height [THE WORST —STAN COUNTRY]

Today, I was looking at the state of Pakistani mens' average height, and I was shocked & became severely dishearten. We did not grow our heights in the past 100 years. In 1896, we were TALLEST country compared to all seven -stans. But, today almost all -stan countries have passed us. We are now second SHORTEST country of all -stans. Why cannot do better and become tallest country again?

View attachment 665275

What are your guy's thoughts? What should be plan to increase health & fitess of our country's men? For example, I am 165 cm or 5 foot 5 inches, is there any way to increase height in adult-hood, several years past growth-time?
Not enough dairy or calcium intake?

Regarding increasing height in adult hood, the only way is to get orthopedic surgery to artificially stretch your bones, which is extremely painful. It is not worth the pain or the money.

Not enough dairy or calcium intake?

Regarding increasing height in adult hood, the only way is to get orthopedic surgery to artificially stretch your bones, which is extremely painful. It is not worth the pain or the money.
Pakistani people cannot process lactose or dairy products. Although it is heavily consumed, it is pasteurized/treated with water & not pure dairy. We severely lack vegetables & fruits in our diet.

Pakistani people cannot process lactose or dairy products. Although it is heavily consumed, it is pasteurized/treated with water & not pure dairy. We severely lack vegetables & fruits in our diet.
How about calcium supplements? This is one of the most important attributes for height growth.

How about calcium supplements? This is one of the most important attributes for height growth.
There are baby foods such as Pediasure, Bon-Vita, etc. available but only to city folks.

I implore everyone to research the best products for baby growth & feed children these super-foods to increase health in infanthood.

Such initiative of providing free healthy food products should be conducted by the Imran Khan Government @fisher1

Today, I was looking at the state of Pakistani mens' average height, and I was shocked & became severely dishearten. We did not grow our heights in the past 100 years. In 1896, we were TALLEST country compared to all seven -stans. But, today almost all -stan countries have passed us. We are now second SHORTEST country of all -stans. Why cannot do better and become tallest country again?

View attachment 665275

What are your guy's thoughts? What should be plan to increase health & fitess of our country's men? For example, I am 165 cm or 5 foot 5 inches, is there any way to increase height in adult-hood, several years past growth-time?
In adulthood ur height will not grow anymore...no matter which hormones u take or what foods u eat.

Generally stunted growth is caused by poor nutrition during childhood. Pakistan needs to make food affordable for the masses...so even the poorest are provided with adequate nutrition(perhaps something like an aadhar card like system). Secondly there needs to be more awareness about nutrition...so that the ppl get all the right amounts of protein, fats, and carbs...along with all the vitamins and minerals the body needs. Other than this...the rest is dependent on genetics which technically can also be controlled for...but I wouldn't recommend that...
...it would be a step too far.

If you look at pics comparing northern Jatt/Rajput soldiers during WW2 they were as tall as the European soldiers but after years of cousin marriages, poverty, malnutrition and migration the height decreased a lot.

soldiers case ,
tallest and well built people were selected by british for army .

View attachment 665275

Nope.... too late.

just see the dutch height; change in diet and health.

Nope.... too late.

just see the dutch height; change in diet and health.
I think that is just a special case though. Most other Western European countries, who are just as developed as the Dutch, never reached their level of absolute height or height growth. What happened to the Dutch was absolutely crazy.

View attachment 665275

Intersting statistic. Do you guys know that the average russian (not just the stans) had poorer nutrition than a person in British India then ? the way russia developed is quiet something and this rubs off on stans too which were part of soviet.

View attachment 665275

What's more interesting is the upward climb of the average of Central Asians, to now a decline in recent years. What was the case of the growth to begin with and now decline in recent years? Negative aspects of industrialization, over population?

Uzbekistan has a deeper decline, is the social economic policies under it's regime affect the people negatively?

The average from Pakistan isnt that erratic. But what is interesting is that all of them start to decline around the same period.

Last edited:
There are baby foods such as Pediasure, Bon-Vita, etc. available but only to city folks.

I implore everyone to research the best products for baby growth & feed children these super-foods to increase health in infanthood.

Such initiative of providing free healthy food products should be conducted by the Imran Khan Government @fisher1

Imran Khan should contact Danone of France to set up Yogurt pasteurization and manufacturing plants all over Pakistan. It is a tasty way to provide calcium to even children in villages.

Dr. Yunus of Grameen Bank set up these plants all over Bangladesh, the yogurt is distributed by individuals using insulated bulk packs (to keep them cooler) who carry them to poorer neighborhoods for sale. Pricing is extremely low.

The Yogurt is also sold commercially in retail supermarket packs.

There are a variety of other conglomerates who have introduced yogurt products in the market after Grameen did some ten years ago. After All - sweet yogurt has been a Bengali staple for the last two thousand or so years, maybe more.

Pran Yogurt
iu

Shakti Doi (Yogurt) in JV with Danone
shakti-plus-sweet-yogurt-plain-combo-pack-4-pcs

1542486922_c1aded0c2c_z.jpg

1542491708_c784185149_z.jpg

1542292454_89010e63d7_z.jpg

Last edited:
What's more interesting is the upward climb of the average of Central Asians, to now a decline in recent years. What was the case of the growth to begin with and now decline in recent years? Negative aspects of industrialization, over population?

Uzbekistan has a deeper decline, is the social economic policies under it's regime affect the people negatively?

The average from Pakistan isnt that erratic. But what is interesting is that all of them start to decline around the same period.

Avg. height of Japanese and Korean folks have gone up three to four inches in two generations. All connected to per capita GDP and disposable income available. As lifestyles improve, health and human indicators improve as well, such as newborn death rate after birth, quality of pre and postnatal care etc.

Position of females in society also matter, which is called gender parity.

Educated females (who can still wear the Hijab) make for better educated mothers and bring up their children better and in a more healthier way.

Back
Top Bottom