What's new

Dhaka remains 7th least liveable city globally 2023

Karachi is ❤️, a symbol of our federation in many ways
just need better, dedicated people in-charge

There's no other place like Karachi in Pakistan, Peshawar, Lahore, Islamabad, Faisalabad
None of em can replace Karachi

One has to reach Constantinople before a city of comparable measure can be found to Karachi.

Simply because the only place that doesn't resemble a sub-saharan ooga booga in sonorland is Gulshan where your rich live. Everything outside is overgrown villages/shanty towns prolly why nobody posts any Bangladeshi cityscapes over there :lol:.
Continuation of post #23.
Mohammadpur-Farmgate

Airport Road

Kalshi

Rampura

Last edited:
That was a park not a town, who's image got viral, but that doesn't deny the fact that Srinagar >>> any sub-saharan ooga booga in sonorland.
This is the Patuakhali town, a small town 228 km south of Dhaka, population around one hundred thousand whose park was shown to demonstrate the development works in Srinagar, Kashmir for G20 summit. Park is not the only beautiful area in this small town.

Last edited:
India should do strafing runs and destroy banglundesh's 7 rusty hangar queen migs just for luls and target practice for trainee IAF/IN pilots.
Why do you want to destroy our MIGs? Are our 8 MIGs threat to you?

Fencejumper trying to show mirror with old documentaries
You Poojari complain about using old documentary yet showing this 10 years old video of Nawabpur road in Gulistan, Dhaka. Gulistan was the most infamous in Bangladesh for congestion and traffic jam. But now Gulistan area has changed. This is the current condition of Gulistan now. Can you recognize that flyover here?

Last edited:
Administrative unit

Baridhara

Bashundhara

And how far apart are these tiny blocks located from each other?
That is why you and your gay bhakt partner are on such urgent comebacks full of videos and pictures!
I didn't post any video or picture just a world bank ss which triggered you lot.
Look at our dozen skyscrapers in Navi Mumbai and another dozen in Gurgaon - we look like fursht vaarld !! :omghaha:
There are hundreds in India, and anyway I didn't even talk of those skyscrapers at all. Its you guys who post videos of Gulshan and surrounding areas to pretend to be comparable to singapore :lol:
Can't compare with China, so start comparing with Bangladesh just to feel good!
Looks like bilol has forgotten the topic of discussion, bringing your abbuji in every single one of the discussion shows how insecure you are when you run out of arguments.
This is what your per capita GDP nominal is vs. ours. (Left your Modi land in the dust)
Yeah sure bilol, only problem being its already 2023, even after fudging your numbers your LDC is much behind us :lol:.
1687502949336.png

Listen pujaree - just shut your trap before you embarrass yourself further. We Bangladeshis have all seen India ourselves, we know what it looks like.
Keep coping fencejumper mulle, its you who has embarrassed yourself in every discussion which you've had with Indians, you just crave for more everyday.
Save your BS for ignorant goras. Don't make me start posting pictures of what your cities REALLY look like.
Yeah except that "REALLY" on Google search stands for "sarr sarr gib me slum pics phrom endia, urjently sarrr" :rofl:.
Last chance - be a decent bhakt while you still have some respect left, put your tail between your legs and make a nice exit.
Be a decent mujeeto and know your place, LDC.
Dhakar beshirbhag area Mumbai'r nongra neighborhood thekey porishkar, tao construction nia.

Like you showed there are plenty of areas like Gulshan in Dhaka, more planned cities are in the pipeline, like Jalshiri DOHS and Purbachol. Bhakt ra dhaka aisha ekhoni lafai, ar ei nuton neighborhood hoile to oggan hoia jabey....
As I said :lol:
1687503218811.png

111_Jolshiri_Central_Park.jpg

021_Jolshiri_CBD_and_Central_Park_from_the_river.jpg

112_CBD_in_the_urban_setting.jpg

113_Core_area_with_Central_Complex_and_river.jpg

114_Twin_Towers_complex.jpg

017_Interface_between_office_ring_and_residential_ring_with_the_green_belt_.jpg

016_Commercial_building.jpg

030_Architectural_model.jpg

11_Aerial_view_of_Jolshiri_Abashon.jpg

China te Mumbai'r moto eirokom bldg. third tier shohore eksho hobe aasey.

Burbaq, Sagol ar ahammuker dol.
Wowww grape, CGI render supa powa :lol:
BD next Hong Kong :lol:
Hatirjeel

Dhanmandi
Same 5-7km radius areas with different names, once again.
Purbachal
What exactly is this dustpit worth bragging :lol:?
Bijoy Sarani
I see, a decent road that does't resemble sub-saharan LDCs. If I'm not wrong, this is some Airport road? Prolly why its decent.
Purana Paltan-Motijheel
You should've watched it before posting it :lol:
Lahores a great city to live in - it should have been ranked higher than a lot of these Indian cities when it comes to quality of life
Why exactly?
UN gets their data from the respective governments, who ultimately determine what is and isn't slum. What counts as slum in Dhaka is considered a normal neighborhood in Delhi or Mumbai. So the chart you made is not reliable.
Typical fencejumper delusions :lol:
Difference between us and these phata dhoti pujaris is that we never claim Dhaka is this or that, we accept our limitation and acknowledge that we have a long ways to go to claim our urban areas at par with other good cities in the world.
Looks like fencejumper namazi is triggered, let me remind you where this convo started...
1687504486255.png

Just because @INDIAPOSITIVE posted a thread which showed an index of liveability of cities worldwide was enough for this foulmouth to start crying "Reeeee Indiaaaaaa".

So who exactly was boasting here? Its your fellow fencejumper bilol who did, and now when you were shown the reality you started claiming that "Indians are claiming to be a supa powa", no we aren't.

Your behaviour of average Bangladeshis since the fake news of "BD overtakes India in GDP per capita" came during the pandemic has turned into false delusive boasting over mediocre stuff.

On the other hand, these gay-hind bhakts are high on Cowcola and pretend they have already reached nirvana.
That behaviour of gay-bongla camelcola mujeetos is like a rickshaw puller mocking a taxi driver saying that he lives in a 1bhk in some sarkari flat while boasting about his own mudhouse because some report said that rickshaw pullers are earning more than taxi drivers :lol:. And when Indian reminds you of your reality, you start cribbing, "Reeeee taxi driver is claiming he is an Airline pilot when he mocks me back!!!" :lol:

I have seen enough development videos of their youtube breathens boasting about how Mumbai, Delhi, Bangaluru and other cities are surpassing London, New York, Shanghai, Toronto sh!t.
Yeah I've seen enough shit like this as well :rofl:
1687507772463.png

Problem is that your standards itself are low that subpar things look over the world to you.
How their Metros are world class! kitna developed and clean Gurgaon, Noida have become! how their IT coolies are conquering the world, how Vande Mataram train ( Modi got enough time to inaugurate personally each and every of those train:lol: ) is making Bharat a suppa pawa. These pujaris have no shame, no character to boast heaven and earth while crawling in gutter and pooing in Mumbai beach.
Yup tech workers are coolies but your sweatshop slave labour are billionaires :lol:
You're just b-hurt boy, average fencejumper has no idea what infra is which is why it gets happy seeing his own subpar infra and cribs over others.

Those semi-HSRs are doing us enough to be the fastest growing major economy, unlike sonorland suffering from economic crisis that it needs bailout from the IMF :lol:.

Its raqibools who love to poke their nose everywhere while shitting in their hanging latrines thinking their country has become an ASEAN economic ashian tiggerrr ekomomy.
Continuation of post #23.
Mohammadpur-Farmgate
:rofl:
I see why you put a timestamp in the link at 5:26
Even the one from 5:26 onwards is just average.
Airport Road
Even the poorest places on earth have decent airport roads, the fact that there isn't much to show that you resort to posting airport road proves my point.
You're just self trolling at this point, keep it up!
Just another sub-locality near the same 5-7km radius. Thanks for proving my point once again.

All in all in the entire city thats the tiny circle you're bragging about :lol:
1687505893858.png

This is the Patuakhali town, a small town 228 km south of Dhaka, population around one hundred thousand whose park was shown to demonstrate the development works in Srinagar, Kashmir for G20 summit. Park is not the only beautiful area in this small town.
No it was not used to demonstrate Srinagar developments, it just went viral on twitter alongside other pics of the city by social media users, and influencers by mistake.

Other than that this gimmick has no real life value, its like making some random village look like Europe and call it a day.
You Poojari complain about using old documentary yet showing this 10 years old video of Nawabpur road in Gulistan, Dhaka. Gulistan was the most infamous in Bangladesh for congestion and traffic jam. But now Gulistan area has changed. This is the current condition of Gulistan now. Can you recognize that flyover here?
Can you just stop cribbing raqibool?

There is nothing even remotely special over there.

And I'm not even posting any supa dupa video to claim India is a supa powa, you are.

Here's Gorakhpur, 12th largest city in the 2nd poorest state of India.
Thats what Dhaka can compare itself with apparently. Even Gorakhpur is getting Metro trains :lol:.

Even this despite being a s-hole looks more organised than BD.

And how far apart are these tiny blocks located from each other?
Just another sub-locality near the same 5-7km radius. Thanks for proving my point once again.

Tiny blocks? Mirpur is 58.66 square km, Bashundhara is 113 square km. Do you know how many acres in one square km? Dhanmandi, 4.34 sq. km, Uttara is 36.91 sq. km, Nikunja is 15.88 sq. km. These are the localities are you are calling tiny blocks.

Dhaka metropolitan area is 306 sq. km, population 10 million, greater Dhaka is 1528 sq. km, population is 22 million. All these localitilies I have posted videos are within Dhaka metropolitan area. Even 5 km radius contain 78.54 sq. km area. Not small for a densely packed city. Many areas I have posted are 20 km apart. For example Uttara to Dhanmandi distance is 21 km. What do expect from a city of 306 sq. km area? Isn't 306 sq. km about 20x15.3 km? What is the distance between Mumbai and Navi Mumbai? Your socalled twin city? isn't it just 21. 3km? You consider Mumbai and Navi Mumbai separate city, although they are just 21.3 km apart, yet call Dhaka's localities 10-20 km apart as tiny blocks!

I see why you put a timestamp in the link at 5:26
Even the one from 5:26 onwards is just average.
My bad, I hurridly posted URL of that video at 'current time' instead of just copying URL. I have edited that video, now showing from the start. My intention was showing that video from the start.

I see, a decent road that does't resemble sub-saharan LDCs. If I'm not wrong, this is some Airport road? Prolly why its decent.
No this is not Airport road. It is about 10 km away from the end point of Airport road.

Last edited:
Tiny blocks? Mirpur is 58.66 square km, Bashundhara is 113 square km. Do you know how many acres in one square km? Dhanmandi, 4.34 sq. km, Nikunja,15.88 sq. km. These are the are you are calling tiny blocks.
There's a difference between downtown and entire area of a neighbourhood.
Mumbai and Navi Mumbai? Your socalled twin city? isn't it just 21. 3km?
Because those are different cities, under different local bodies, and they don't share a border as well.
Dhaka's localities 10-20 km apart as tiny blocks!
I called out the ones that are just close to each other, not the ones that are far away. Its like me pointing out localities close to each other in SoBo.

And thanks for being polite and civil.

You should've watched it before posting it :lol:
I have watched it. What's so bad about it? It's a 8 lane road with high rise building dotting both side of it. This road is in Purana Paltan-Motijhil area. You said, outside of Gulshan, Dhaka looks like village/shanty town. Does this road look like a village road? and building there shanty houses?

Last edited:
I have watched it. What's so bad about it? It a 8 lane road with high rise building dotting both side of it. This road is in Purana Paltan-Motijhil are. You said, outside of Gulshan, Dhaka looks like village/shanty town. Does this road look like a village road? and building there shanty houses?
It is 6km from the centre of Gulshan, basically the same 5-7km radius of area. And its not just about the roads, check the surroundings as well.

I called out the ones that are just close to each other, not the ones that are far away. Its like me pointing out localities close to each other in SoBo.
When I posted video of 18 localities from a city of 306 sq. km then some localities are bound to be neighbor of each other. But even one of the smallest localities, Dhanmandi is 4.38 sq. km. This is not small in dense urban settlement. You are talking about size, what is the size of your much vaunted Bandra-Kurla complex in Mumbai? Isn't it just 3.7 sq. km? So, look at mirror before posting nonsense.

You are talking about size, what is the size of your much vaunted Bandra-Kurla complex in Mumbai? Isn't it just 3.7 sq. km? So, look at mirror before posting nonsense.
The difference is that BKC is a Central Business District, not just another locality.
When I posted video of 18 localities from a city of 306 sq. km then some localities are bound to be neighbor of each other.
Agree, but all these localities are just closed to each other, forming a tiny part of entire Dhaka.
Again its like me pointing out dozens of neighbourhoods in SoBo and saying entire Mumbai is like that.

It is 6km from the centre of Gulshan, basically the same 5-7km radius of area. And its not just about the roads, check the surroundings as well.
I have said even 5 km radius contain 75. 54 sq. km area within it. This is not small in dense urban areas.

I have posted videos of Uttara and Mirpur, 20 km away from Gulshan. What do you expect? Does dense cities like Dhaka or Mumbai spread hundreds of km in every direction?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom