What's new

Diamer-Bhasha : Pakistani diaspora excited to donate for dams

People are facing problems transferring the funds. The least our institutions can do is to facilitate them and make sure they are able to transfer/donate easily. The provided link do not works smoothly, the process takes too much time, gives error over and over again. This is what i have been told with a very good friend trying to transfer some dollars from Ireland. Same issue with a guy in USA. My university roommate is in UAE and faces similar problem.

This is bad. The government should make sure that there is NO PROBLEM whatsoever for anyone trying to donate.

because our governments are sitting on their asses doing nothing to facilitate transfer thru banks. One can transfer money from USA thru various Pakistani bank's online portal and thru Zoom, non of these services available in Canada so people end up sending thru Hundi that is the reason remittance from Canada shows an very small amount as compared to US, UK and middle east. Whenever I go this one money transfer guy that I have always used there a big line up and there are so many others like that, but that money does not goto Pakistani forex.

@Zibago

I heard Naya Pakistan doesn't need Qadiani advise on the economy, but is it halal to give my money? I mean, would it taint the mominoons money in this fund if I were to donate some?
It's not about naya or porana Pakistan. Anything that is beneficial for Muslim Community from Non Muslim is Halal. Even you can take Interest from a bank that is non muslim and as long as all account holder in that bank are non muslim. Like it or not :).

But you cannot say this to a person who is trying to donate responding the call of PM that do not worry, you can always come back and donate another day. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

As for that particular guy, he decided to send the money to me via money transfer services which i can then deposit in the Dam Fund.
=====================================================
A very important thing that keeps on bothering me, what is the actual amount for Diamer-Basha and for Mohmand dam, separately. We should at least have details of what we are trying to achieve here. I know that not everything will come from donations and a major portion will be from gov/debts but still,, at least let people know what the target amount is. The cost of these two projects varies on different sources.
There needs to be a clear project roadmap and business case available for public to look at so that donations are given confidence.

A suggestion I had in my mind, what if we request China to add these dams in CPEC and then operate on build-operate-transfer basis, meaning China will fund major portion of the dam and then after construction it will operate the dam for a certain number of years during which it will recuperate its investment by the sale of water and electricity. Is this possible?
Pakistan can never get a good deal like this from china

People are facing problems transferring the funds. The least our institutions can do is to facilitate them and make sure they are able to transfer/donate easily. The provided link do not works smoothly, the process takes too much time, gives error over and over again. This is what i have been told with a very good friend trying to transfer some dollars from Ireland. Same issue with a guy in USA. My university roommate is in UAE and faces similar problem.

This is bad. The government should make sure that there is NO PROBLEM whatsoever for anyone trying to donate.

(Simple Way)

BHASHA DAM - Pay by credit card http://www.sbp.org.pk/ (State Bank of Pakistan)
Click on Red Link and off you go 5-7 minutes done with Good deed from your home
(Funds reach after 4-5 days but charges appear on card )

* Charges appear as payment to Supreme Court of Pakistan , DAM fund

Supreme Court Transparency Chart
http://www.supremecourt.gov.pk/web/page.asp?id=2757
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Old Fashioned Way from Bank Branch)
Traditional Wire : Main Account
Bank: State Bank of Pakistan
Account Name: SUPREME COURT OF PAKISTAN DIAMER BASHA AND MOHMAND DAM FUND
Account No: 03-593-299999-001-4
IBAN: PK06SBPP003593299999014
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternative you can wire by Bank to Bank transfer old fashioned way
Here is list of All Banks in Pakistan collecting Funds for Bhasha Dam Fund
(Account Number / IBAN number)
http://www.sbp.org.pk/notifications/FD/DamFund/Detail-1.pdf

Note if you are local in Pakistan , just pay in your bank branch cash or by Bank account

For all Local & International Donations Government collects / share list of donations and your name appears on the particular date/time , on that list, always great to print it for your own future generation

COPY PASTE THE STUFF from here to any website or social media ... many Pakistanis don't know the easiest way to contribute, it took me good 1-2 months to find best way to send funds

I just did my bit. Not a lot. Just Rs 1,600 but I have set weekly debit so over a year should be Rs 83,200. My small contribution to PM Imran Khan's appeal.

OOXfbG9.png

Fantastic strategy ...@Indus Pakistan
  • I personally have also committed to every two week handshake with State bank of Pakistan, next 5 years or till DAM completely finishes
And I hope we don't get disparaged by people in Pakistan. We ex-pats as PM Ik knows are a major asset to Pakistan. We contribute more to Pakistan then all the industries combined in Pakistan - with over $20 billion in remittances. Those SKH hospitals in Lahore, Peshawar have been built on at least 50% donations from abroad. I won't go into us keeping PIA, housing, etc industries going inside Pakistan. We bring money into Pakistan. The corrupt in Pakistan send their money out.

It is a very good start but still I believe that Pakistan will have to organize at least 2 Donors Conferences and invite friendly countries there to contribute for dams. We should stop using this arrogant narrative that we will not ask for money from any country. We dont even have money to run country, these donations from Pakistanis will give maximum 2 Billion dollars what about the rest of the 10+ Billion dollars? With current economic condition we cant allocate 2 billion dollars in budget every year. I dont think its enough. Another way to get funds is to retrieve it from the corrupt elite but it seems that govt is not in mood to use any money retrieval method. Govt is busy shuffling bureaucracy by the rate of 1 change / week.
And what makes you think that whole 12 Billion dollars is to be paid to Foreign Companies and Purchase of Imported material in terms of Dollars from foreign exchange reserves?
Remember that 12B dollar is an estimated figure that include many factors and that too under supervision of Prev Govt. Most of the Expenditures will be incurred in Pak Rupees for in house services and material costs. We don't need foreign Aid for those. Besides we are so used to having Incompetent Fools as our leaders that we have totally lost hope we can pull up any project with maximum in house effort.
You seriously think a Govt that have put so much effort in pulling funds for the project is not working at all to pull domestic Construction Industry to this project?
Don't despair, be hope full and Trust our new Govt.
Economy is a total mess ask any student of economics who is unbiased in political views.

A suggestion I had in my mind, what if we request China to add these dams in CPEC and then operate on build-operate-transfer basis, meaning China will fund major portion of the dam and then after construction it will operate the dam for a certain number of years during which it will recuperate its investment by the sale of water and electricity. Is this possible?
What good that will do? All the income those supposed Chinese companies of the dam operations will earn will be converted to US Dollars before sending to China. Do you have such Foreign Reserves to pay so much to those companies? No matter you take loan to build the dam and pay loan in installments or you outsource the work to a foreign firm to collect the funds from income of dam. Your foreign reserves will deplete which you don't have. Loans will be paid back with added interest so will be the income share. Plus they will sale the electricity at the price that suits their recovery not national interest if government decides otherwise for some time. any additional cost will be subsidized before supplying the bought electricity to general public.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom