What's new

Did we get independence in 1971? Or is Bangladesh a colony of India?

Did we get independence in 1971? Or did we become a colony of India?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so you guys don't want a united bengal?
like our punjab was divided into 2 as well… I would like for it to be united, with pakistan that is.
Funny question.
Any idea why Punjabi Sikhs and Hindus would ever want to be a part of a country where they are second class citizens? Why would they want to join an Islamic country?

I would say West Bengalis might still consider Bangladesh or Bangladeshis might consider united Bengal under India as there is secularism in both BD and India with equal rights and responsibilities to all...unlike Pakistan.

Please provide a hard evidence of our assumed support for the Jamat.
Your Parliament giving a statement on the hanging on Jamati leader in Bangladesh. Pakistani Parliament had no business interfering in BD's internal affairs...yet it did.

Then Imran Khans statements on top of that.

I dont think the highest body of Pakistan ie the Parliament is to be taken lightly. That is clear that Jamat-e-Islami of Bangladesh has strong relations with Pakistan.

Funny question.
Any idea why Punjabi Sikhs and Hindus would ever want to be a part of a country where they are second class citizens? Why would they want to join an Islamic country?
all i know is that the idea of a united punjab would spread like wild fire and if our section of punjab were to promote it then no body can stop it…

so you guys don't want a united bengal?
like our punjab was divided into 2 as well… I would like for it to be united, with pakistan that is.

We want united bengal from our heart. But its not possible.
Because to do that there are three ways.
Bangladeshi muslims have to convert in Hinduism. Or West bengal and other parts' Hindus have to convert in islam.
Or all have to convert in secularism. More of that they have to value their thousand years united history.
But none of these possible.

all i know is that the idea of a united punjab would spread like wild fire and if our section of punjab were to promote it then no body can stop it…
Now stop and think for a second.

1.Pakistan did try and promote an independent Punjab - ie Khalistan. The Sikhs and Hindus of Punjab rejected that. There was insurgency because a minority of people wanted it. Today even that is gone..if anyone even talks of a separate Punjab in the villages, that person will get thrashed by the people. There is historical precedence.

2. Now consider the second aspect - what do the Indian Sikhs and Hindus get in Pakistan - second grade citizenship? Join an Islamic country?

3. Indian Punjab is more prosperous than Pakistan Punjab. The Punjab of India has better access, better development and more agricultural productivity compared to Pakistani Punjab and better rule of law.

You are an intelligent person...now think this through. In light of all this.

P.S: I edited my last post, do go through that again.

I would say West Bengalis might still consider Bangladesh or Bangladeshis might consider united Bengal under India as there is secularism in both BD and India with equal rights and responsibilities to all...unlike Pakistan.
i don't think Bangladesh going with india is possible… a united bengal is more possible… and the way i see things going, i think Bangladesh will have much more closer ties to pakistan then india in the near future.

Pakistani businessmen already did that, but Hasina and India is trying to kick them out. What we need is a combined effort led by Turkey, Indonesia, Malaysia and Pakistan, to invest and partner with Bangladeshi businessman. Currently all top businessmen have sold out the country and came to understanding with Indians, so they can continue to make money and ship it off overseas. I will open a separate thread about these traitor business people.
Since ages you guys expecting official apology from pakistan. .. what happened to that... I know India committed biggest mistake. . by helping BD. I think some guys got plans to take Indian NE....

Pakistan did try and promote an independent Punjab - ie Khalistan. The Sikhs and Hindus of Punjab rejected that. Today if anyone even talks of a separate Punjab in the villages, that person will get thrashed by the people. There is historical precedence.

P.S: I edited my last post, do go through that again.
i want a united punjab with pakistan.. which might not go well with indian punjabis.
but if we promote a united punjab as a country of its own…. then its whole different game…

We want united bengal from our heart. But its not possible.
Because to do that there are three ways.
Bangladeshi muslims have to convert in Hinduism. Or West bengal and other parts' Hindus have to convert in islam.
Or all have to convert in secularism. More of that they have to value their thousand years united history.
But none of these possible.
Frankly Bangladesh is doing quite well. Its social indicators have equaled and surpassed India in many places - and left Pakistan far behind btw.

BD will end up as a pretty good, stable and prosperous country.

i want a united punjab with pakistan.. which might not go well with indian punjabis.
but if we promote a united punjab as a country of its own…. then its whole different game…
I apologise for editing again and again. Please go through the last post again. I have listed things in points.

i don't think Bangladesh going with india is possible… a united bengal is more possible… and the way i see things going, i think Bangladesh will have much more closer ties to pakistan then india in the near future.
not possible. .. We rather prefer to dump BD in bengal ....

@Contrarian | Our parliament issued a customary statement, so did Imran Khan, only when Bangladesh govt at the behest of India started to drag Pakistan into the matter.

I am asking for a hard evidence of our assumed support for the Jamaat, because it simply makes no sense since Pakistan has zero stake in Bangladesh for we can do just fine without worrying about what happens there.

@Aeronaut Indians have a habit of calling anyone who oppose their narrative as Jamati, extremist, terrorist etc. For your and other's information, I do not belong to any political party, Jamat or otherwise and have never been involved in politics.

Everything I say here is out of genuine concern for the people of the landmass which is now called Bangladesh.

@Aeronaut why was my Post deleted?

This thread ask a question - Is BD a colony of India & the answer can be either Yes or No.

I say YES (PROUDLY) & my post gets deleted & issued a warning??

There is actually no answer to give. As none favors BD.

BD is an independent and sovereign country and India has and will have nothing to do with its functioning until and unless it is against the interest of India..!

3. Indian Punjab is more prosperous than Pakistan Punjab. The Punjab of India has better access, better development and more agricultural productivity compared to Pakistani Punjab and better rule of law.

You are an intelligent person...now think this through. In light of all this.
so now do we want to compare indian punjab vs pakistani punjab?
i will make a thread about it and we will compare them
but everybody knows there is no comparison… our punjab is a more prosperous then your punjab that is no secret.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom