What's new

Do you believe that Israel has the right to exist?

Do you believe that Israel has the right to exist?

• Total voters
As an American, and looking at the examples of the North America, South America, Northern Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Turkey, Ukraine, Poland, Yugoslavia, the Arab domination of North Africa, etc., one would be hypocritical and delusional if one didn't acknowledge the ample precedents for such actions.
So you're saying ethnic cleansing and genocide is good??

What are your views on Hitler and his alleged actions?? I'm sure your views would be contrary to those of the core Zionist movement in this regard (Hitler and his alleged actions)?? Perhaps you agree with what he allegedly did??

So you're saying ethnic cleansing and genocide is good??

What are your views on Hitler and his alleged actions?? I'm sure your views would be contrary to those of the core Zionist movement in this regard (Hitler and his alleged actions)??

No, not saying it's good. I'm saying realists need to deal with the facts as they are, not as they wish the situation were. The Germans were expelled from the Sudetenland when Czechoslovakia was created. The Germans had settled in the Sudetenland and lived there for approximately a thousand years, but they were cleansed from the area after WWII, and they're not coming back. It's accepted that they aren't coming back to the Sudetenland, as unjust as it may appear. That's because it's impractical to change the facts on the ground, short of war.

If you choose war, prepare to suffer the consequences of loss. Germany lost a lot of territory after it lost the war. Had Hitler won, history would have told a different story, but he lost. That's fact, that's reality.

Israel exists today. Too many cry about what the area looked like under Ottoman rule (not Arab rule, Ottoman rule), but it would benefit them to look at the world today and see what can be done to benefit the Arabs that aspire to be Palestinians. Of course, they should not be surprised if they choose war, and lose, that they will lose more territory. That's why war isn't the answer, but since I'm not an Arab, I can't choose for them. They can fight, and lose more and more, as they have been losing more and more since 1948. Or they can try something new, and most likely gain.

Ethnic cleansing is evil. I don't believe ethnic cleansing is just, and it should not be employed. Ethnic cleansing is a monstrous act. But the so-called "resistance" and "intifada" is a form of total war, and total war can have ugly outcomes for the loser. If you don't know what total war is, please look into it. The reliance on pure guerrilla and irregular tactics could have (and has had) devastating consequences for the Arabs, and will continue to have such consequences as long as such tactics are employed. That said, I am not convinced that Israel will ever resort to ethnic cleaning, given that it has had that opportunity in almost every single decade since its creation, and never chosen that option.

Here's a counter-proposal: focus on building up the economy, and show the world, and indeed, Israel, that it can only benefit Israel to leave. Stationing troops, fighting wars, enforcing blockades--it's an expensive business, and a drain on the economy. Trade and peace contribute to economic growth. If I were Israeli, I know what I would choose. But I would only be able to choose trade and peace if such an option were available.

As long as they have the power,Israel will exist.The opposite side will keep crying in their impotence.
I don't see this changing anytime soon.

No, israel in its current state, in its current position is illegal

Keep resisting and keep putting pressure on israel, grind it down

No, not saying it's good. I'm saying realists need to deal with the facts as they are, not as they wish the situation were. The Germans were expelled from the Sudetenland when Czechoslovakia was created. The Germans had settled in the Sudetenland and lived there for approximately a thousand years, but they were cleansed from the area after WWII, and they're not coming back. It's accepted that they aren't coming back to the Sudetenland, as unjust as it may appear. That's because it's impractical to change the facts on the ground, short of war.

If you choose war, prepare to suffer the consequences of loss. Germany lost a lot of territory after it lost the war. Had Hitler won, history would have told a different story, but he lost. That's fact, that's reality.

Israel exists today. Too many cry about what the area looked like under Ottoman rule (not Arab rule, Ottoman rule), but it would benefit them to look at the world today and see what can be done to benefit the Arabs that aspire to be Palestinians. Of course, they should not be surprised if they choose war, and lose, that they will lose more territory. That's why war isn't the answer, but since I'm not an Arab, I can't choose for them. They can fight, and lose more and more, as they have been losing more and more since 1948. Or they can try something new, and most likely gain.

Ethnic cleansing is evil. I don't believe ethnic cleansing is just, and it should not be employed. Ethnic cleansing is a monstrous act. But the so-called "resistance" and "intifada" is a form of total war, and total war can have ugly outcomes for the loser. If you don't know what total war is, please look into it. The reliance on pure guerrilla and irregular tactics could have (and has had) devastating consequences for the Arabs, and will continue to have such consequences as long as such tactics are employed. That said, I am not convinced that Israel will ever resort to ethnic cleaning, given that it has had that opportunity in almost every single decade since its creation, and never chosen that option.

Here's a counter-proposal: focus on building up the economy, and show the world, and indeed, Israel, that it can only benefit Israel to leave. Stationing troops, fighting wars, enforcing blockades--it's an expensive business, and a drain on the economy. Trade and peace contribute to economic growth. If I were Israeli, I know what I would choose. But I would only be able to choose trade and peace if such an option were available.
Very well said.

Sure you can, countries, states, empires come and go

If arab world want now, then it will be the biggest disastrous for them. first think about your own country, make them tech. and economical superior, if this become reality, then arab can take down isreal in a minute.

Every country has a Right to Exist as long as they behave in a Human and Civil way. Until they stop the Genocide of a Minority of people, so far Israel has not earned the right to be welcomed to the list of 'Civilized' countries in the World. Obviously, the will to change to the Better is in the hands of Israeli people...

Israel has a right to exist on pre-1967 borders.

Anything beyond 67' borders is not Israel but rather colonization of Israel which is illegal.

But her (Palestine) right to exist is not being recognized or enforced. How long it took by the United Nations to endorse/enforce the creation of Israel? and how long it has taken by the same body to enforce the creation (ironically not on her own land, it is occupied by Israel, but on the Jordanian land i.e. West Bank, and Egyptian land i.e. Gaza) of Palestine.

So question is not of Israel has the right to exist or not, but whether Palestine has the right to exist or not.

Because the Jewish population accepted the British plan, but the Palestinian population rejected it and chose to go to war, and lost. When they come round to accepting that plan and the present reality, things can move ahead.

Back
Top Bottom