What's new

Do you guys feel scared to sleep alone?

Hi guys if similar thread has been discussed earlier then sorry and mods can delete this thread.....

Actually I always wanted to know how other people feel if they have to sleep alone in some hotel room...... due to my job I sometimes have to travel and obviously have to stay in hotels.....

I don't know why but whenever I travel and return to my room at the end of the day toughest part of my travel journey begins.....

My mind unwantedly starts thinking about dead people, ghost stories..... I feel so scared that whole night I'm forced to keep my room lights on and keep TV running.... almost up to 4 am I keep watching action movies to feel better..... I don't even drink a water so I don't have to go to loo alone in the night...... in such cases I end up sleeping till late and it affects my next day schedule..... even at home if I have to stay alone I sleep but can't sleep without lights on..... don't know what to do..... if you guys have such problems please share.....
I used to live in mountainous region in Pakistan. It was coal mining area.
So I was alone most of the time in that building and far far away I used to see fire and sparks happening in mountains very often. Locals always used to say : sain yeh log Jin log hain. I never believed that.
So one day I sat with some engineers and asked them same question. They said these mountains are phosphorus rich. So whenever some stones roll down the mountains they give sparks.
Moral of the story: jinns have a lot better options out there than eating you. And sometimes if you take deep breath and think with calm mind, you will smile on your previous feelings.

nhi bhai hamari itni jurat kahan :frown:
yeh (or hum bhi) sirf pdf per field marshal hain :-). warna to ghar main to sub kaka sipahi hain.

Adhan is a proven extremely high frequency weapon against demons -----.

Dead people cannot return ------! It's a scam . What do people think of barzakh as some sort of central jail where you could bribe your way out?
what if lohar high court judges get appointed to barzakh high court, after death, phir to kuch ho sakta hai:-). is kay platelets barh gaye hain, is ko dobara zinda karo.

So I was alone most of the time in that building and far far away I used to see fire and sparks happening in mountains very often. Locals always used to say : sain yeh log Jin log hain. I never believed that.
So one day I sat with some engineers and asked them same question. They said these mountains are phosphorus rich. So whenever some stones roll down the mountains they give sparks.
Moral of the story: jinns have a lot better options out there than eating you. And sometimes if you take deep breath and think with calm mind, you will smile on your previous feelings.

Your experience is really awesome my friend.... but the fire and sparks which you used to see may be Jins or may be Sanjeevani.....

What is Sanjeevani???

Its a plant that can convert dead body into a living person again..... this plant is only avail in Himalaya, Sayhadri mountains in Karnataka, Girnar mountains in Indian Gujrat and some parts of Pakistan and China..... this plant some times sparks..... even if you loose your hand or leg this plants is capable of re growing a new hand or leg for you.... I have plenty of information avail on this plant but will share some other day.... you are actually lucky to see the spark if its a Sanjeevani.....

I’m sorry to hear you have trouble sleeping - intrusive thoughts before sleep are a symptom of insomnia which like all ailments of the mind have triggers.

Humans are social creatures of habit any deviation from the norm or any situation which causes you anxiety is dealt with what psychologists call System 1 thinking - which is the part of your brain that deals with survival.

/ View attachment 840194

Now I can’t really comment on fear of sleeping - I’ve slept in the back of a container in the middle of nowhere on more than one occasion and your brain gets used to that.

If you find sleeping in unfamiliar settings concerning - try to take something with you that reminds you of home- it can be a small decorative item - a scented candle or your own pillow case.

Other coping mechanism are to leave a nightlight on or leave the TV/ Radio playing in the background.

You may think that these coping strategies are nonsense but there is science behind them.

Thanks Bro.... Yes TV / Radio or smart phones are your real friends in such situations..... I actually survive my nights in hotels on these devices.... sorry for the late rely don't know how did I miss your post.....

Travel to your place of destination early in the morning if you are that uncomfortable sleeping outside your own bedroom. I personally prefer overnight sleep to wake up fresh in the morning even though I am extremely uncomfortable on Hotel Beds as opposed to the comfort of my own bed but well, I'd rather have decent sleep than suffer a very early morning get-up and travel.

We are in marketing my friend.... we have to adjust our time as per the customer convenience..... But yes I fully agree with what you said.....

Get married and have 3 kids. You will want to sleep alone. Ghosts will not scare you any more.

I am already facing 1 ghost my 5 years old naughty daughter.... I don't want another 2 ghosts....

I almost alway have better sleep when i sleep alone

This is how I want to be....

Since you claim that you have seen a ghost and your reasoning is that 'if God exists, why can't ghosts', then I am afraid saying 'its in your mind' will not be very helpful for you.

Secondly even if one believes that ghosts / spirits can't do you any harm, I doubt that your fear is about the harm. I believe the mere thought of seeing a ghost in front of you terrifies you, regardless of whether it does anything or not. It terrifies you that that the supernatural is true, that there is a world beyond this world and the helplessness of living things.

Such thoughts are made worse if you have a fertile imagination. Stop watching horror movies, and even dark movies completely. You may want to visit a psychiatrist and get professional help too.

This is a well understood psychological phenomenon involving sensory deprivation and sleep paralysis; there is nothing supernatural going on.

Most people know that dreams last only a few seconds but seem long to us. When you sleep, the mind deliberately suspends muscle activity in the major limbs so we don't move them and injure ourselves while dreaming. The mind also abhors a sensory vacuum and makes up sights and sounds. Sometimes a person will partly wake up before the mind fully restores muscle function in the limbs.

These actions by the mind combine to make people think they are being pinned down by ghosts or demons. Once again, these apparitions are reproduced in psychology labs by putting people in empty rooms without light or sound. This is the physical reason behind people seeing aliens and, in the old days, demons and goblins. The mind fills in imaginary malevolent beings compatible with the contemporary culture.

Another well known physical phenomenon involves low frequency sound below 20Hz. The big cats purr at just below that frequency. Earthquakes produce sounds around that frequency. We are hardwired from evolution to associate those frequencies with physical danger. There was a famous case at some university where a room was considered haunted. It turned out to be a faulty air conditioner which was making sounds at just below 20Hz. When the air conditioner was fixed, all the haunting stories disappeared.

Hi guys if similar thread has been discussed earlier then sorry and mods can delete this thread.....

Actually I always wanted to know how other people feel if they have to sleep alone in some hotel room...... due to my job I sometimes have to travel and obviously have to stay in hotels.....

I don't know why but whenever I travel and return to my room at the end of the day toughest part of my travel journey begins.....

My mind unwantedly starts thinking about dead people, ghost stories..... I feel so scared that whole night I'm forced to keep my room lights on and keep TV running.... almost up to 4 am I keep watching action movies to feel better..... I don't even drink a water so I don't have to go to loo alone in the night...... in such cases I end up sleeping till late and it affects my next day schedule..... even at home if I have to stay alone I sleep but can't sleep without lights on..... don't know what to do..... if you guys have such problems please share.....

its a OCD issue, there are a lot of copping mechanism to get you out of that cycle. i used to recite 4 Quls and my heart will find peace ..

Watch a more scarier movie, something where a bed scene is involved.

Since you claim that you have seen a ghost and your reasoning is that 'if God exists, why can't ghosts', then I am afraid saying 'its in your mind' will not be very helpful for you.

Secondly even if one believes that ghosts / spirits can't do you any harm, I doubt that your fear is about the harm. I believe the mere thought of seeing a ghost in front of you terrifies you, regardless of whether it does anything or not. It terrifies you that that the supernatural is true, that there is a world beyond this world and the helplessness of living things.

Such thoughts are made worse if you have a fertile imagination. Stop watching horror movies, and even dark movies completely. You may want to visit a psychiatrist and get professional help too.

I agree with what you are trying to say but for some people in world even god is something super natural.... By that logic if a miracle and positive power like God exists then why can't a miracle and negative power like ghost exist.....

Yes I have now stopped watching horror stuff but still since childhood I used to watch it now it's somewhere fixed in my memory that I can't help myself in hotel rooms..... But thanks to you guys and PDF your inputs and suggestions will definately help in future..... I should be thankful to covid too that travel has been significantly reduced.....

Watch a more scarier movie, something where a bed scene is involved.

This is really going to work my friend...

This is something I can't get through the heads of fellow Muslims. People think Jinns are unemployed spoilt brats who have nothing better to do than to troll humans.

This is something I can't get through the heads of fellow Muslims. People think Jinns are unemployed spoilt brats who have nothing better to do than to troll humans.

It's mostly a Sanjeevani in my opinion what he saw.... People who are lucky to see Sanjeevani Spark means Sanjeevani is ready to give them access if they ever try to explore....

One bollywood story I would like to share with you guys here..... I hope even Pakistan and Bangladesh members know Amitabh Bachchan became super star of India after blockbuster ZANJEER....

Before this movie he used to do side role in front of dharmendra, Jeetendra or Vinod Khanna..... When Vinod Khanna passed away he himself shared this story that he was shooting somewhere in Madhya Pradesh in which lead hero was Vinod Khanna and after shoot when they all returned to hotel Amitabh was given a very simple and and cornered room..... Somehow after some time Amitabh started feeling uneasy in that room..... He said he was feeling like he was not alone in that room..... He came out..... He didn't have guts to disturb director Prakash Mehra..... He just came out and started walking outside..... Suddenly he saw Vinod Khanna coming out of room to light up a cigarette..... Vinod asked him what are you doing here so late out of your room..... Amitabh politely told him his problem as how the room was scaring him...... Vinod smiled and asked him to come in his room that night....
In short DAR SABKO LAGTA HAI..

One bollywood story I would like to share with you guys here..... I hope even Pakistan and Bangladesh members know Amitabh Bachchan became super star of India after blockbuster ZANJEER....

Before this movie he used to do side role in front of dharmendra, Jeetendra or Vinod Khanna..... When Vinod Khanna passed away he himself shared this story that he was shooting somewhere in Madhya Pradesh in which lead hero was Vinod Khanna and after shoot when they all returned to hotel Amitabh was given a very simple and and cornered room..... Somehow after some time Amitabh started feeling uneasy in that room..... He said he was feeling like he was not alone in that room..... He came out..... He didn't have guts to disturb director Prakash Mehra..... He just came out and started walking outside..... Suddenly he saw Vinod Khanna coming out of room to light up a cigarette..... Vinod asked him what are you doing here so late out of your room..... Amitabh politely told him his problem as how the room was scaring him...... Vinod smiled and asked him to come in his room that night....
In short DAR SABKO LAGTA HAI..
One thing is for sure without a shadow of a doubt that there is invisible life form. You can call them jinn or ghosts or what ever they are made of energy and are not understood by us humans yet that's why we are afraid of them. I have personally experienced invisible life form few times in my life.

There are religious explanation for such life form that I never believed until few years ago but there is no scientific explanation.

One thing is for sure without a shadow of a doubt that there is invisible life form. You can call them jinn or ghosts or what ever they are made of energy and are not understood by us humans yet that's why we are afraid of them. I have personally experienced invisible life form few times in my life.

There are religious explanation for such life form that I never believed until few years ago but there is no scientific explanation.
Its all about faith.

Scientifically, its about frequency and sensors. Which frequencies are you able to tune into and which sensors do you have active that you can see and hear and feel which others cannot. As a relevant example, Hazrat Gabriel A.S would appear and give messages to Hazrat Muhammad SAW, but others couldn't see Hazrat Gabriel A.S or hear him.

Although, frequency and sensors are an everyday thing for me, I would still hold faith above science. I wouldn't go in logical explanation to understand a spiritual concept as I have limited knowledge of both.

This is a classic case of something genuine becoming a folklore. The ancestors of locals would have told them something genuine that was related to fire and sparks, but locals have attributed every incident of fire and sparks to it.

Hamzaad , the bad jin assigned to every human being -----.
See if you can control hamzaad, but he isnt relevant in most cases.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom