What's new

WATER.... Do you feel scared???

there was no fear of fire water air height anything till was 30 after that i started taking things seriously and now i fear everything .

It is about your responsibilities and commitments...

When I was very young, used to ride my Pulsar bike 80-90 and sometimes over 100km per hour.

It is decreasing by going time... After marriage, it was reduced.... Now, after being a father... If ride even 80 km/hr than feels going faster...

I can relate to @Imran Khan when he says with age he has started being worried about more things. This is somewhat the case with me too. As you grow, you encounter more instances of things going wrong and feel that it can happen to you. Curiosity doesn't help either. I used to watch a lot air crash investigation videos when I was working in the aviation industry. I started feeling that there are so many things that can go wrong with a flight and this started making me a nervous flier. I haven't stopped flying by any means, but I do make it a point to fly airlines that are considered safe, although aviation as an industry is extremely safe.

Some concerns have come by watching too many random videos on social media. Like trucks crashing into cars by crossing the median. This sometimes makes me avoid driving in the right most lane, out of concern that some drunk or sleepy driver will collide with me even on an 8 lane expressway.

In Bangalore there have been many incidents of pedestrians getting electrocuted by stepping on exposed wires. One guy died when came in contact with the frame of a bus stop. Apparently the billboard was being illuminated by illegally tapping power from a nearby electric pole and was done shoddily.

Last week in my apartment complex, which is surrounded by empty plots and wild shrubs, a resident was bitten by a snake which have become quite common, especially in the monsoons. Thankfully the snake wasn't poisonous. 2 days back I went for a jog to a lake opposite my house and my foot was almost overrun by a cobra. Had I not been alert, I might have stepped on it and it would have bitten me in retaliation.

I gave up riding a 2 wheeler 10 years back, after multiple of incidents of being almost run over by large commercial vehicles driving recklessly.

When I was younger, not a single of these or similar things would have even entered my mind ever. We used to frolic in the mud, climb trees, hike tropical forests, jump into river to swim without fearing that a crocodile will pull me in

It is about your responsibilities and commitments...

When I was very young, used to ride my Pulsar bike 80-90 and sometimes over 100km per hour.

It is decreasing by going time... After marriage, it was reduced.... Now, after being a father... If ride even 80 km/hr than feels going faster...
same here i jump from berrage where water is moving very high speed with my friends . now when i stand on that bride i fee i was stupid .

i used to swim here in summer

223533155_4103873309733330_8932337294498600650_n.jpg

1656446585008.png

I can relate to @Imran Khan when he says with age he has started being worried about more things. This is somewhat the case with me too. As you grow, you encounter more instances of things going wrong and feel that it can happen to you. Curiosity doesn't help either. I used to watch a lot air crash investigation videos when I was working in the aviation industry. I started feeling that there are so many things that can go wrong with a flight and this started making me a nervous flier. I haven't stopped flying by any means, but I do make it a point to fly airlines that are considered safe, although aviation as an industry is extremely safe.

Some concerns have come by watching too many random videos on social media. Like trucks crashing into cars by crossing the median. This sometimes makes me avoid driving in the right most lane, out of concern that some drunk or sleepy driver will collide with me even on an 8 lane expressway.

In Bangalore there have been many incidents of pedestrians getting electrocuted by stepping on exposed wires. One guy died when came in contact with the frame of a bus stop. Apparently the billboard was being illuminated by illegally tapping power from a nearby electric pole and was done shoddily.

Last week in my apartment complex, which is surrounded by empty plots and wild shrubs, a resident was bitten by a snake which have become quite common, especially in the monsoons. Thankfully the snake wasn't poisonous. 2 days back I went for a jog to a lake opposite my house and my foot was almost overrun by a cobra. Had I not been alert, I might have stepped on it and it would have bitten me in retaliation.

I gave up riding a 2 wheeler 10 years back, after multiple of incidents of being almost run over by large commercial vehicles driving recklessly.

When I was younger, not a single of these or similar things would have even entered my mind ever. We used to frolic in the mud, climb trees, hike tropical forests, jump into river to swim without fearing that a crocodile will pull me in
exactly same sir

i was love swimming my mother beat me many times in my childhood but i never stopped swimming in kanals rivers lakes . there was turtles snakes and what not in that water . then we grow a bit and start playing oven punjnad barrage . now when i go village and stand on that bridge where high speed water passing under it i say to myself imran you was a stupid kid .
although i swim with my son yesterday but in never go to deep waters . 1 meter deep is enough for me now .

i love fishing and always love to stay with water . but now i stay with sea and fear to go far away in deep sea as i grown up ..

i play with bike but now i cant sit on it properly i think bike is most unsafe .i have make 1 major and 2 medium car crashes . since then i drive carefully and have no road accidents since many years now . i may drive fast sometime 140--150 but that on road where 140 is allowed . otherwise i drive slow and enjoy travel now . no more hurry .

i used to enjoy flights in flight meal and sip for alcohol . but in recent years i try to avoid flights as much as possible my last flight was 4 days ago and i did not feel comfort at all . i must have to fly as nature of my job but always i wish i should not fly . this week i fly twice and i hate it . although i feel comfortable during cruse of plane but landing takeoff are really bumpy and bad . i read hundreds of articles watched videos that there is no danger of flight but still i feel uncomfortable now . its was just fine from my first flight in 2000 to 2017 . recent years i have issue .

life changes with time man . we have family kids and we are responsible now . there is no need to be ashamed that we are scared . we should be .

Last edited:
i used to enjoy flights in flight meal and sip for alcohol . but in recent years i try to avoid flights as much as possible my last flight was 4 days ago and i did not feel comfort at all . i must have to fly as nature of my job but always i wish i should not fly . this week i fly twice and i hate it . although i feel comfortable during cruse of plane but landing takeoff are really bumpy and bad . i read hundreds of articles watched videos that there is no danger of flight but still i feel uncomfortable now . its was just fine from my first flight in 2000 to 2017 . recent years i have issue .

Couldn't agree more. I used to love flying until I was around 34. Now with Clean Air Turbulence being more prevalent, flights are more bumpy. I have experienced at least 4 flights recently with pretty bad turbulence and one case of bad wind shear during landing at Cochin Airport where the aircraft dropped suddenly and then had to go around. On another flight, the LH engine kept growling for a long time and the cabin kept vibrating beyond normal. I thought it will come apart. Monsoon in India is very severe and landing / take off in dark clouds with lightening strikes is pretty scary.
Having worked in the industry I am also aware of some poor maintenance and training practices in the 3rd world, so no matter what they tell me about aircraft being extremely sound, it isn't enough for me.

Couldn't agree more. I used to love flying until I was around 34. Now with Clean Air Turbulence being more prevalent, flights are more bumpy. I have experienced at least 4 flights recently with pretty bad turbulence and one case of bad wind shear during landing at Cochin Airport where the aircraft dropped suddenly and then had to go around. On another flight, the LH engine kept growling for a long time and the cabin kept vibrating beyond normal. I thought it will come apart. Monsoon in India is very severe and landing / take off in dark clouds with lightening strikes is pretty scary.
Having worked in the industry I am also aware of some poor maintenance and training practices in the 3rd world, so no matter what they tell me about aircraft being extremely sound, it isn't enough for me.
i did not fly one Pakistani airlines sir only domestic flights . even i fly on airlines which have good record and no fatal crashes since ages . i still did not feel comfortable . BTW i noticed new aircraft have better flight then older . my last flight i fly
11 years old a320
4 years old a320 with shark-lets

2nd one was far better . same i can say i feel better in A330 AND B787 than in b777 .

Back
Top Bottom