What's new

Does India need 8,000 Km Range missile?

Logically you seem to be right. Only assumption, is during an event of a skirmish, the US would not get involved. Hence, my assumption that major resources would look west and not east. But, you are right, they would have better ABM systems looking in to the Pacific. Point is, it gives us ability to threaten from both fronts, which till now was fiction.

I dont think India needs an ICBM..... DRDO should concentrate on the existing 5000km range missiles and improve their speed, accuracy, payload capability, mobility, submarine based missiles etc. Instead of pseudo-goals, DRDO should develop something which will really help them in a war.

yes.To attack every inch of america india needs a true capable ICBM.

Sorry. If India thinks about attacking U.S, India will be obliterated. For couple of reasons - U.S politicians have the political will and their military have capability which India can only dream of.

First of all an 10000 KM missile does not reach the US, Agni VI will cover all of Africa, Europe, and all of Asia.

Agni_Missile_Range_comparison.png

First of all an 10000 KM missile does not reach the US, Agni VI will cover all of Africa, Europe, and all of Asia.

Agni_Missile_Range_comparison.png
Smarty i mentioned true ICBM in my post not some 10000km or 8000km range missile.Try to focus on post while reading.

Sorry. If India thinks about attacking U.S, India will be obliterated. For couple of reasons - U.S politicians have the political will and their military have capability which India can only dream of.
Deterrence is the keyword here.

Smarty i mentioned true ICBM in my post not some 10000km or 8000km range missile.Try to focus on post while reading.

There is no program yet beyond a 10,000 KM range, when there is such a program we will inform you about it.

I guess 1962 wasn't a conflict? I guess supplying Pakistan to counter any advantages we have is in our best interest? "Experts" like yourself dont; have a clue that any silo on land is as good as gone if a real conflict broke out and went all the away. The only nuclear missiles that owuld be out of harms way, at least with the best possible chance for survival would be underwater/ Subs. Now, the range in order to be effective should be the futher the better, coz Chinese attack subs maybe aided by Pakistan would be hunting for our subs in and around the INdian ocean. if our missiles had sufficient range, our subs could hide in the artic or South America or Mid Atlantic and fire to ensure a hit on any enemy including China if it came to it.

Just read the reply right now. You have to realize that missiles launched from Submarine platforms have limited range. The 8000km range was for the land based missile. Do not confuse the two.
As far as your perception of my version of "threat" goes, You seem to have ignored the fact that a 8000 km range would cover Australia, Parts of Europe and Africa. So I DID incluse China as a threat. Please read the post entirely before commenting.

There is no program yet beyond a 10,000 KM range, when there is such a program we will inform you about it.
Question is not about having no program or india not having capability.Question is about does indian have spine and guts to field a true ICBM.

Question is not about having no program or india not having capability.Question is about does indian have spine and guts to field a true ICBM.

I think you might have got it wrong, the real question is is the world aware of the actual range of missiles we already posses or the info on the one we are cooking. Is agni 5 really a 5k missile??

Why does India need to develop one when there is or was no threat to us from the US? our enemies are already covered now.
And, about having guts or not you can ask your army, Navy or Airforce about Indian Guts.

Why does India need to develop one when there is or was no threat to us from the US? our enemies are already covered now.
And, about having guts or not you can ask your army, Navy or Airforce about Indian Guts.
how you define the threat perception.based on what.USA is sitting at ur doorsteps in your backyard and you say you dont have any threat from usa.Amazing.No wonder i can know now how india got easily colonized by british.

Army,navynAF ke guts ki baat to dur they get threaten by Dosa-iers throwing lungiwala sitting in home ministry till last week.:rofl:

At this point there is no need for deterrence as US sees India as a natural ally and encouraging India to play a more global role. The benefit of that is what India reaped as US was the one who brought India out of nuclear pariah status. With many geo political developments expected like the expansion of SC in the coming years, prudence is what is needed from India at this point of time. I would quote Sun Tzu here "He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious."

Back
Top Bottom